The Naked Blue Mystic - Defoliation & LST

Fuzzy Duck

The defoliation method is some what controversial & may defy common sense, logic by the act of leaf removal to increase yield ?

Did ya say remove leafs ? they do all the photosynthesis & provide the plant with food 'n' stuff man... Are you Crazy !

Yup & this is what i'm gonna find out the only way i know how to & thats by doing a grow so i can form my own conclusion/opinion on the matter which in my own mind is still questionable :thumb:

I'm a non believer at present in the defoliation madness, but i may of over looked something ?

So lets gets this journal up to full steam :love:

As most people are aware fuzzy has a habit of growing Blue Mystic by Nirvana an indica dominate strain of an average flowering time of 7 to 9 weeks & of a short growing nature.

007747.JPG

This makes it a perfect subject to the madness i shall unleash upon the poor girls at my disposal, i have few grows of this strain & know what to expect with average out comes/results at present with current grow style !

Lighting - Veg Phase

125w, 6400k - CFL, 16/8 regime.

001811.JPG
002847.JPG
007770.JPG

Lighting - Flowering phase

400w HPS by grolux (dual spectrum) DLR - Diminshing light routine starts at 11/13 ends at 9.5/14.5(can shorten total length of flowering time)

day_28_from_seed_006.JPG

Soil

Using recycled biobizz allmix, yup been grown in before... & have applyed bonemeal, volcanic rock dust to the compost to boslter it up a tad.

Evidence supports reusing compost can be benifical as a micro organism/fungal colonal has already estabilished aiding greater plant growth !

0021037.JPG
003975.JPG
0011024.JPG
0021043.JPG

Nutrients

Biobizz organic range - mainly using fish mix, alg-a-mic, bio bloom, top max & bio heaven.

The Subjects !

Aprox 3 weeks old since cuttings where taken with 2 weeks being time taken for clones to root before potting up for root development into a peat/ hortic grit mix - at present have been folair feed with alg-a-mic & fish mix.

Currently around 4th to 6th node in growth.

004991.JPG

I've only given them around aprox 1 week for root develoment, i normal do 2 weeks before potting up to final pot size of 6 litre airpot... i don't think any real difference will occur tho as the roots will soon take grip into new growing medium/compost.

005942.JPG

Potted up under 125w cfl for vegging phase, i shall give em a week before i shall commence defoliation method which i may do every 2 to 3 weeks of veg at present.

007770.JPG

As with past grows i will continue with LST training in veg & staking in flowering to monitor results... providing a weekly update of progress !

At the end of day i know sweet FA about defoliation & never tryed it before so this is a new one for me :thumb:

I'm sure i will end up with some bud at the end of the day tho & whether defoliation increase's yield is yet to be seen.

Re: The Naked Blue Mystic - Defoliation & LST...

Subbed in for this one. :)

Hey Fuzzy...what happened? You were gonna go "full steam"! Is this journal still active?

I am sorry to say this journal is dicountinued... & i must ask 420 admin to add this in the abandoned section.

Whilst i did continue defoliation through the vegitive cycle i found the regenerative growth to be slow when growing in soil & took aprox 10 days to regen some what slower when compared to hydroponic systems... unfortunaly i did not carry defoliation into flowering due to slow regen time.

Personally i find the defoliation method more suitable for the faster growth rates achieved with hydroponics such as DWC, NFT, Aeroponics etc

Additional sad news is that the last clones of Blue Mystic died due to poor veg tent hygiene which i believe the clones where effected by some sort of pathogen/bacteria which caused the clones to fail to root & shriviling up... so its going to be abit hard to monitor defoliation progress over a few grows of the same strain for myself to form an opinion !

I'm also taking a break from keeping an active journal for several months & a minor break from growing for a short period of time whilst i have some building work done on my home... for personal security reasons only :thumb:

The good news is, i'll be back in the near future...

With a new strain to grow either Bianca by AMS or Blackjack by Nirvana as my top choice for the next strain :green_heart:

I'm also looking at possible hydroponic systems for growing as i wish to evolve my growing skills & feel its time for my own evolution or progression.

So hempy buckets, DWC or even a wilma dripper system pepertual growing style are on the horizon & may play around with an idea or 2 involving DWC SoG once i've dabbled & learnt abit about water culture grows...

Gonna be a whole new learning curve for ol fuzzy :Namaste:

I like that really big fat Coooola ! ummm uummm good forget campbells soup. i imagine disecting her any watchin' da water bubble under my chin like i said mmmm mmmm good .... good job!

Back
Top Bottom