Blue Mystic - Fuzzy Organic Style Plus Chicken Poop & The Rest Of The Farm Yard

Once I get over the initial hiccups I'm looking forward to seeing the impact of the GLR & DLR as well... if anyone needs proof of it working these girls certainly give it!

Minor mid week update...

Blue Mystic may finsh as early as 7 weeks of flowering pushing 9 weeks !

After a brief inspection at the end of the 5th week burnt orange pistil development had occured of aprox 10% & after my mid week watering/feed i dug out the ol pocket microscope for a closer in look at the trichomes :thumb:

At present estimate near 10% amber, 5% clear & 85% cloudy trichomes & i haven't finshed the 6th week yet...

At present rate of maturity, today may well be the last day for feeding so i can get 2 weeks worth of flush in aka 2 weeks of normal old tap water for watering to help cleanse plants of excessive nutrients or let em use whats aviable up in the soil.

Going to review situation at the end of 6th week this coming sunday tho & may push schedule another week ?... but more likely the flush will start from today more or less & harvest time will be shortly after the end of 7th week.

I'm not honestly sure what has caused the early finshing time tho ? might be temperature related due summer conditions with average ambient temps at night time in grow area around 21c/22c & lights on temps of 26c/27c with an average drop between temps of 5c, allowing for seasonal hot days which may of effected temps by a few c plus once in awhile...

Not sure whether the improved soil mix has had any thing to do with it yet tho ? possible chance of added humus from farmyard manure has created a better enviroment for friendly microbes/fungus etc which may of effected plant hormones leading to a faster maturity rate ?... getting out of my league here with the soil science stuff tho

Kind of swaying towards temps tho....

On some wierd off chance of biodynamics & planting by moon phase/astological signs may of effected over all results... & thats another story :Rasta:

Minor mid week update...

Blue Mystic may finsh as early as 7 weeks of flowering pushing 9 weeks !

After a brief inspection at the end of the 5th week burnt orange pistil development had occured of aprox 10% & after my mid week watering/feed i dug out the ol pocket microscope for a closer in look at the trichomes :thumb:

At present estimate near 10% amber, 5% clear & 85% cloudy trichomes & i haven't finshed the 6th week yet...

At present rate of maturity, today may well be the last day for feeding so i can get 2 weeks worth of flush in aka 2 weeks of normal old tap water for watering to help cleanse plants of excessive nutrients or let em use whats aviable up in the soil.

Going to review situation at the end of 6th week this coming sunday tho & may push schedule another week ?... but more likely the flush will start from today more or less & harvest time will be shortly after the end of 7th week.

I'm not honestly sure what has caused the early finshing time tho ? might be temperature related due summer conditions with average ambient temps at night time in grow area around 21c/22c & lights on temps of 26c/27c with an average drop between temps of 5c, allowing for seasonal hot days which may of effected temps by a few c plus once in awhile...

Not sure whether the improved soil mix has had any thing to do with it yet tho ? possible chance of added humus from farmyard manure has created a better enviroment for friendly microbes/fungus etc which may of effected plant hormones leading to a faster maturity rate ?... getting out of my league here with the soil science stuff tho

Kind of swaying towards temps tho....

On some wierd off chance of biodynamics & planting by moon phase/astological signs may of effected over all results... & thats another story :Rasta:

I do feel embarrassed that at the moment I can only keep thanking you rather than properly joining a detailed conversation (I'm even new to growing plants so am properly in the deep end :) ) but I really do value your journal for the detailed entries and knowledge imparted...I am sure the more I read the more I will absorb via osmosis, or that's the hope anyway :geek:

And in terms of the last bit, that is a brilliant topic of conversation for like minded individuals over a quality smoke ;)

I do feel embarrassed that at the moment I can only keep thanking you rather than properly joining a detailed conversation (I'm even new to growing plants so am properly in the deep end :) ) but I really do value your journal for the detailed entries and knowledge imparted...I am sure the more I read the more I will absorb via osmosis, or that's the hope anyway :geek:

And in terms of the last bit, that is a brilliant topic of conversation for like minded individuals over a quality smoke ;)

Biodynamics is quite an interesting subject which has a few decades of research done on the topic with good results !

But still puzzled at why my girls have performed differently this grow... when ya think ya worked it out they do something totally new & ya have to ponder on whats going on or changed it !

Anyways another update coming in a couple of hours time :thumb:

End of 6th week of 10/14 & now adjust to 9.5/14.5 for flushing period of 2 weeks aiming to complete by end of 8th week.

The girls have put on an out standing show with new suprise's every grow of this strain Blue Mystic by Nirvana :thumb:

Pistil development is some 20% to 30% burnt orange if not a touch more !

Trichome progress still stands around 85% cloudy, 5% clear & 10% amber aprox this is going to change over the next couple of weeks & when dryed/cured i expect to be dribbling on the sofa praying for mercy... lol

2 weeks of flushing shall commence from today aka just plain old tap water for us organic growers.

Heres the girls end of 6th weeks , 42 days of flowering - some of larger colas are at the point of branch bending qualities.

003967.JPG

004899.JPG

With every weekly inspection a mild trim of old leafs is performed, removing dead leafs helps prevent fungal infections & stuff with the yellow leafs are generally spent of nutrients which the plant draws upon in flower to aid in bud formation etc

005859.JPG

The next wave of Blue Mystic some what more LST'd than i have done in past grows, pretty much the extent i'm willing to take it at present but minor adjustment may be made depending on growth of indiviual plants.

0011003.JPG

0021029.JPG

One of girls unclipped from a stake !

007704.JPG

Clipped to the stake !

006739.JPG

Hence the staking to support bud mass...

Please forgive me for the hijack Fuzzy, but I know you work on an organic basis. Do you use neem oil for spider mites? Thought I had better try and get this sorted before they arrive. I thought as I followed you with BioBizz I would see what else you use. If I missed it somewhere in the posts I do apologise.

:thanks:

Hey Fuzz:)
Well mate.. Im NOW EVEN MORE KEEN TO SEE SOME BUDS ON CINDY!!!
Your girls are fully PIMPED out bro. Them girls are payin ya!! Nice job on them ay:welldone: I love them buds..
How far do you intend to flower, are you going for say 10-15% Ambers? The pistils should mostly go dark orange, some will stay lighter.. But you dont want to harvest to late in flowering cycle as youre most likely aware!! From the same page i ve seen - where had windows of peak harvest. I like to let my plants fully ripen but each has their own preference..
Cant wait for ya SMOKE REPORT!! Later pal, Smokem..

Please forgive me for the hijack Fuzzy, but I know you work on an organic basis. Do you use neem oil for spider mites?

Neem oil can be used to prevent insect attacks & forms like a protective barrier around the plant which may need to be applyed every 10 to 14 days tho, also concentrated garlic juice works on the same basis.

Foilair sprays are only best applyed in veg tho or very early flowering at the latest as the fine moisture may effect bud/may cause bud rot ?

Thought I had better try and get this sorted before they arrive.

Always wise to know the tale, tale sign of such pest attacks & how to deal with them when they occur or infest, preventive measures are good if in a high risk enviroment ! other wise deal with em once identified.

Not suffered with spider mites yet & i shall keep my fingers crossed that they don't show up, even tho a minor fungas gnat problem occured with a small colonie of the fcekers moving from my indoor chillie plant collection to my MJ grow room... they where short lived with the assistance of a product called NilNat

I thought as I followed you with BioBizz I would see what else you use.

I would highly recommend Biobizz Top Max for a flower booster additive & Biobizz Bio Heaven micro nutrients as a supplement nutrient feed to your regular line of nutrients used for feeding.

I still favour using micro nutrients with my regular nutrients tho... :thumb:

Hey Fuzz:)
Well mate.. Im NOW EVEN MORE KEEN TO SEE SOME BUDS ON CINDY!!!

Cindys gonna be a big girlie :love:

Your girls are fully PIMPED out bro. Them girls are payin ya!! Nice job on them ay:welldone: I love them buds..

Ye she's plumped up alright i reckon... very pleased with this strain :cheer:

How far do you intend to flower, are you going for say 10-15% Ambers? The pistils should mostly go dark orange, some will stay lighter.. But you dont want to harvest to late in flowering cycle as youre most likely aware!! From the same page i ve seen - where had windows of peak harvest. I like to let my plants fully ripen but each has their own preference..
Cant wait for ya SMOKE REPORT!! Later pal, Smokem..

In all honesty it could of been harvested at the end of 6th week... but i'm routine man & a little flush is needed.

None the less a careful eye is upon them & it shall be interesting to see what a matured Blue Mystic will do compared to my last crop which was harvested around 50% cloudy 50% clear trichome developement at the 9th week.

Thank you so much for all your responses Fuzzy. I have them stored away for future use! :thanks:

This is why I really need to find another job, I will have more money to spend on this wonderful hobby that way! Will definitely keep those micro nutrients in mind.

End of the 7th week 9.5/14.5 DLR

I'll keep this sweet 'n' short & let the pic's do the telling of the story - oh ye one more week of flush to go :thumb:

003972.JPG

004903.JPG

005863.JPG

The next batch...

0011009.JPG

0021033.JPG

With out the LST treatment she would stand about 12 inchs tall & at present most have around an average of 5 good bud bearing colas branchs plus side branchs which will yield well... their about 5 weeks of veg tho with 2 weeks since cuttings where taken 'n' rooted etc making em about 7 weeks old.

I'm planning on another 3 weeks of veg yet to get em to a fair size before flowering, they may appear small compared to others but i only use a 125w 6500k cfl for veg, works out well for me tho !

Fuzzy those are looking incredible. You are going to get a good yield. The youngins are looking nice and healthy also. :cheer:

Fuzzy those are looking incredible.

Aye indeed, i'm pretty pleased with myself & happy the girls have filled out a tad more :love:

You are going to get a good yield.

Should yield between 35g to 50g estimate per plant under the 400w dual spectrum HPS !

The youngins are looking nice and healthy also. :cheer:

I quite like the slight gloss to the leafs to be honest & only had minor defeciency occur which i brushed off as possible calcium def in early veg which has not really progressed into anything worth worrying about at present.

I have altered the soil mix tho with the plants in veg to 2 litres of farmyard manure & 4 litres of biobizz all mix to my 6 litre air pots from what i've used in present grow !

I like the idea of the added humus in the farmyard manure which helps the soil micro do da wotsits 'n' stuff do they thing...

But do suspect i may start feeding the girls in veg twice a week now to help pack on growth :thumb:

Hey Fuzzy, what size airpots are those (rim diameter x height), and how many are you fitting under the 125 cfl and 400 HPS? All your plants are looking great, I like how you roll, but couldn't stick with one strain myself....

Hey Fuzzy, what size airpots are those (rim diameter x height)

6 litre air pot with diameter of 19.5 cm & height of 28cm.

How many are you fitting under the 125 cfl and 400 HPS?

4 X 6 litres air pots under one 125w 6500k cfl in a 60cm by 60cm by 160cm veg tent.

4 X 6 litres air pots under a 400w hps in a 90cm by 90cm by 180cm flowering tent.

All your plants are looking great, I like how you roll, but couldn't stick with one strain myself....

Aye cheers :thumb:

I think the only reason i stick with one strain is that its easyer to look after & know what to expect at certain stages of growth after a couple of grows, still learning lots about the girls really 'n' don't want to frag my brain with to much going on... anyways will be growing this strain intill the end of year.

Which 2013 may show a new strain for ol fuzzy to grow, either that or i'll upgrade to a slightly larger tent & grow 2 strains.

Might be looking at Nirvana - Northen Lights or AK 48 :Namaste:

Been out shopping today to get some bits in for the ol veggie garden to help improve soil fertilitie/remineralization etc...

Some of this i will be using in the near future on an indoor grow :thumb:

Available from Wyevale Garden centres & B&Q from just under £6 for 150g / £10 for 360g bag of the good stuff.

0011013.JPG

New to the UK market for 2012 & finally tracked down a bag of the stuff at B&Q - just under £6 for 10kg.

0021037.JPG

003975.JPG

Oh ye 3 x 60 litre bags of westlands organic farmyard manure... loads of humus 'n' trace value nutrients, mainly for the back garden tho.

But do like adding abit to my compost mix for the ol girls now & quite partial to tad of it in my home brew teas :love:

Back
Top Bottom