Blue Mystic - Fuzzy Organic Style Plus Chicken Poop & The Rest Of The Farm Yard

Many thanks for dropping in & saying hello JBC420 :thumb:

The Blue Mystic & I have a bit of growing relationship going on, it could be :love:

Yeh man fuzzyDuck, blue Mystic is amazing!! Just pulled one myself but it was an auto but still from Nirvana. Its the best looking and smelling bud that i've ever had, not sure on taste yet as its strung up but some really nice bud.

Yeh man fuzzyDuck, blue Mystic is amazing!! Just pulled one myself but it was an auto but still from Nirvana. Its the best looking and smelling bud that i've ever had, not sure on taste yet as its strung up but some really nice bud.

Smokes on the sweet side quite tasty :thumb:

I like it when its freshly grinded up & ya got the sweet smell with hint of a berryish smell... drools, its not an over stinky, stinky smell more of subtle smell which makes you think Mmm thats Mmm then ya :tokin: & its whole different ball game.

Smokes on the sweet side quite tasty :thumb:

I like it when its freshly grinded up & ya got the sweet smell with hint of a berryish smell... drools, its not an over stinky, stinky smell more of subtle smell which makes you think Mmm thats Mmm then ya :tokin: & its whole different ball game.

Well, if you were acting a salesman for this "brand" Fuzzy you would make a fortune!! This sounds wonderful. I don't mind the stinky ones but I do like the buds that are less in your face and make you think they are all gentle but then you ... well ... your entry says it all!

I think we should start a strain review sticky! :rollit:

Soon be time for these girls to enter the flowering tent been nearly 10 weeks of veg since i took these as a cutting/clone, two of those weeks is for clone to take root !

They stand aprox 14 inch tall, bearing in mind the main stem is bent over with a pipe cleaner to aid in LST so that the lower branchs can get some light 'n' provide new bud sites for ol fuzzy... this has almost created an even canopy :thumb:

001962.JPG

Side pic to view inner branchs & stuff plenty of good material for future clones after a bit of lollipopping coming soon & more LST developement for the flowering room !

002985.JPG

The girls back in the veg tent its only 60cm by 60cm by 160cm with a 125w 6500k CFL, as you can see its getting a bit tight as my four girls really want to show off their true form very soon :love:

005826.JPG

The trusty keep it simple PH/moisture probe showing PH value of growing medium after watering with nutrients 3ml of bio heaven micro nutrients, 3ml of fish mix, 4ml of alg-a-mic sea weed stress stuff to 2 litres of water helping getting the girls toughen up for the very near prunning session soon...

006710.JPG

PH 6.9 after watering with nutrients, before watering was sitting around PH 6.7 air pots where border line dry/moist unfortunaly that pic didn't turn out to well.

The flowering tent has been vacated of drying bud to a new card board box's to finshing drying :thumb: as i need to move on with stuff...

Preparing the work area... plant saucers with hydroton/clay pebbles in this will provide a mini reserva later on once roots get to the bottom of the 6 litre air pots, scissors, scaple, clonex rooting hormone, glass of water for cuttings/clones & jiffy pellets.

001964.JPG

Just add water...

002987.JPG

30 to 45 minutes later... poke some holes into jiffy pellet with a pencil & prep em for new clones.

003926.JPG

Just a tad over 10 weeks from clone to a 18 inch small bush plant (includes rooting time for clones) & the prunning/lollipopping 'n' training shall commence.

One of the small bushes in need of a bikini wax 'n' trim... gotta get em ready for flowering :love:

004859.JPG

I've decided this grow to stake my plants to bend branches about to allow for greater air flow through canopy & improve light to low areas of canopy also, this will also aid in supporting colas in later bud developement to prevent strain on stems etc...

005827.JPG

006712.JPG

007681.JPG

008634.JPG

The effects of lollipopping, the lower branches/pop corn sites have been removed this will improve air flow around canopy area & increased nutrient uptake to main stronger branches i have choosen for budding.

009579.JPG

The girls in the flowering tent ready for 11/13 ligh cycle & the diminshing light routine where i shall reduce flowering time by 30 minutes every 2 weeks.

013379.JPG

Glass topped up with new clone material from trimmed remians of the above plants, clones should be placed into water straight after being removed from donar plant this will help prevent air bubbles forming in the stem !

010531.JPG

Selected strongest clones/cuttings ready for final trim & dip, these get trimmed down to smaller size... cut stem at 45 degrees angle, i often scrap a little bit of plant skin (5mm) from base of cutting this helps generates new roots a bit & dip into clonex.

011463.JPG

Place cutting/clone into jiffy pellet & gently pinch close to form a nice snug fit around stem.

012390.JPG

Its been 3 weeks since i repotted the girls into the new soil mix the farm yard manure, chicken pellets & bat guano should have started to break down by the soil microbes 'n' what not by now...

Even tho these are mainly slow to medium release natural nutrients, the release of these can be sporadic based upon microbes in soil/temperature etc

Either way these new ingredients in the soil mix should provide a good boost in early to mid flowering & only time will tell :peace:

Some slightly floppy clones after 24 hours since their where cut from donar plants, its quite normal for em to look like this for a few days & currently on 16/8 veg cycle.

001965.JPG

I suspect a large majority will pull through & perk up for early next week with more clones than i require in case i loose one or two & discarding the weaker plants once all are rooted.

I'm toying with the idea of a SoG grow for these clones hence i have more than i would normally have for my next grow after this journal is complete hopefully in same new soil mix if it pans out ok for this grow.

Soon be time for these girls to enter the flowering tent been nearly 10 weeks of veg since i took these as a cutting/clone, two of those weeks is for clone to take root !

They stand aprox 14 inch tall, bearing in mind the main stem is bent over with a pipe cleaner to aid in LST so that the lower branchs can get some light 'n' provide new bud sites for ol fuzzy... this has almost created an even canopy :thumb:

001962.JPG

Side pic to view inner branchs & stuff plenty of good material for future clones after a bit of lollipopping coming soon & more LST developement for the flowering room !

002985.JPG

The girls back in the veg tent its only 60cm by 60cm by 160cm with a 125w 6500k CFL, as you can see its getting a bit tight as my four girls really want to show off their true form very soon :love:

005826.JPG

The trusty keep it simple PH/moisture probe showing PH value of growing medium after watering with nutrients 3ml of bio heaven micro nutrients, 3ml of fish mix, 4ml of alg-a-mic sea weed stress stuff to 2 litres of water helping getting the girls toughen up for the very near prunning session soon...

006710.JPG

PH 6.9 after watering with nutrients, before watering was sitting around PH 6.7 air pots where border line dry/moist unfortunaly that pic didn't turn out to well.
Hi Fuzzy!! Just thought id pop in and see ur girls:) I like what you are doing with the first pic, training main stem with pipe cleaner. I may have to do similar or ill top her. How tall ( ruffly) was she when you started to LST her, cos as mine is quite short and compact at the base cos light was too close, her growth is heaps better, she doesnt have much space between nodes, so im slowly stretching her. Ive attached a secure rubber coated wire to her base and have also started to pull the top cola across so as to let more light to bottom canopy. But she will prob snap if i tried to LST her properly, so im going slow. Or i may just top her at 3ft and grow an upside down xmas tree..

Hi Fuzzy!! Just thought id pop in and see ur girls:) I like what you are doing with the first pic, training main stem with pipe cleaner. I may have to do similar or ill top her. How tall ( ruffly) was she when you started to LST her, cos as mine is quite short and compact at the base cos light was too close, her growth is heaps better, she doesnt have much space between nodes, so im slowly stretching her. Ive attached a secure rubber coated wire to her base and have also started to pull the top cola across so as to let more light to bottom canopy. But she will prob snap if i tried to LST her properly, so im going slow. Or i may just top her at 3ft and grow an upside down xmas tree..

I'd be interested to find this out too Fuzzy... I had to Google LST lol. Definitely be good to find an idiot proof way of doing it. Hope the girls are still doing well!

I started my LST around 8 to 10 inchs tall that was a bit late for myself & normally would do LST around 6 to 8 inchs, you can LST on much smaller plant of only a few inchs all this depends on how long you wish to veg your plants for & total over all size of plant etc !

I use one pipe cleaner in early veg to bend main leading stem & leave the plant to get on with it, by the end of veg i will have between 3 to 6 main branches suitable for budding/colas which are further trained to allow light into canopy/improve air flow around plants. In this journal i choose to stake them opening up the centre of canopy to improve conditions, staking will help support any larger colas towards the end.

For myself it is practical to do some minor LST so that the lower branchs get some light, this extends a handful of branches to form other cola bearing branches to increase my over all yield... than a plant left to grow naturally.

LST is really simple & a good old fashion google search will provide lots of information :thumb:

Items used for LST gardening wire of suitable diameter, old wire coat hangers, string, pipe cleaners masking tape/cellotape to fix string/pipe cleaners to regular pots or even clipboard clips clipped onto edge of pots.

Garden wire is pretty good cut into suitable lengths and make a hook at on end to place around branch and insert other end into growing medium.

Train/lst as many branchs as you wish (i could do more branches but limited to over all space), branches will turn up towards the light in a few days & may require further tying down as the plant grows !

If worryed about breaking branches/stems, you can test suppleness by testing with your finger & applying pressure to gauge how far you can bend bits about.

Pistils at dawn :love:

Girls in flowering tent have displayed pistils today after lights on & took 3 days since light change :thumb:

I don't count the first few days in my total flowering time tho, so the 1st week shall begin this coming sunday of the flowering cycle.

I started my LST around 8 to 10 inchs tall that was a bit late for myself & normally would do LST around 6 to 8 inchs, you can LST on much smaller plant of only a few inchs all this depends on how long you wish to veg your plants for & total over all size of plant etc !

I use one pipe cleaner in early veg to bend main leading stem & leave the plant to get on with it, by the end of veg i will have between 3 to 6 main branches suitable for budding/colas which are further trained to allow light into canopy/improve air flow around plants. In this journal i choose to stake them opening up the centre of canopy to improve conditions, staking will help support any larger colas towards the end.

For myself it is practical to do some minor LST so that the lower branchs get some light, this extends a handful of branches to form other cola bearing branches to increase my over all yield... than a plant left to grow naturally.

LST is really simple & a good old fashion google search will provide lots of information :thumb:

Items used for LST gardening wire of suitable diameter, old wire coat hangers, string, pipe cleaners masking tape/cellotape to fix string/pipe cleaners to regular pots or even clipboard clips clipped onto edge of pots.

Garden wire is pretty good cut into suitable lengths and make a hook at on end to place around branch and insert other end into growing medium.

Train/lst as many branchs as you wish (i could do more branches but limited to over all space), branches will turn up towards the light in a few days & may require further tying down as the plant grows !

If worryed about breaking branches/stems, you can test suppleness by testing with your finger & applying pressure to gauge how far you can bend bits about.

AWSUM INFO FUZZ:bravo: Its not that im worried about snapping her as im bending her daily as is, shes like 17 cm tall atm, i was going to LST, my space is more rectangular than an open square shaped space, which i could access easier, and i can train her around her 80cm long trough but i think she's gunna be hard for me to manage her like that, if i was keeping her smaller no probs, but i want a 5-6 ft
girl again.. Trying for maximum yield, minimal work... If she was topped at 3ft, would her secondary shoots be able to grow the extra 2-3 ft given adequate space?? I usually see plants topped at like 20 cm and finish height of 3 ft?? I WANT A BEAST! LOL:morenutes:
Thank you for all ur help with this FUZZ, ur a gun!! Chat soon pal.. SMOKEMUP:)

AWSUM INFO FUZZ:bravo: Its not that im worried about snapping her as im bending her daily as is, shes like 17 cm tall atm, i was going to LST, my space is more rectangular than an open square shaped space, which i could access easier, and i can train her around her 80cm long trough but i think she's gunna be hard for me to manage her like that, if i was keeping her smaller no probs, but i want a 5-6 ft
girl again.. Trying for maximum yield, minimal work... If she was topped at 3ft, would her secondary shoots be able to grow the extra 2-3 ft given adequate space?? I usually see plants topped at like 20 cm and finish height of 3 ft?? I WANT A BEAST! LOL:morenutes:
Thank you for all ur help with this FUZZ, ur a gun!! Chat soon pal.. SMOKEMUP:)

My outdoor plants are about 6ft tall topped at about 2ft. About 50% have two tops, while the rest mostly have 3 tops but some have 4 tops. So, yes the multiple tops will grow as high as you want.

So far so good & the flowering count down has begun :thumb:

No signs of defeciencys occuring yet as its still early in the flowering phase, i may suspect a nitrogen & phosphorus defeciency to occur over the next few weeks ? hopefully the new improved soil mix should keep these defeciencys at bay which i suffered with on the last grow of this strain in early flowering !

Currently feeding twice a week with top max 1ml, bio bloom 1ml, alg-a-mic 2ml, bio grow 1ml & bio heaven 1ml per litre of water... i use a 2 litre watering can to water 4 plants with & a slightly amended nutrient feeding scheme give or take a ml or 2 for this period of growth bearing mind new soil mix is preloaded with slow release organic/natural nutrients.

001969.JPG

The next wave of clones with a few sad looking ones which i suspect to be the weaker plants out of the batch, fuzzys theory is take more than needed & select the strongest for the next grow, disposing of the weak runts to the great compost heap.

Theys no place in fuzzys tent for weak plants...

002991.JPG

I don't really grow clones/cuttings in the best conditions as i don't mist or foliar feed them... just let em get on with it & surival of the fittest/strongest will yield fuzzys joy in the many months to come...

Due to summer temperatures effecting ambient in door temps, i do water as & when required with plain on tap water which is about every other day at present to keep plants from drying out.

Back
Top Bottom