Blue Mystic - Fuzzy Organic Style Plus Chicken Poop & The Rest Of The Farm Yard

Fuzzy Duck correct me if I am wrong but after the first two weeks of 12/12 aren't you suppose to go down 30 minutes every week? This is from twelve/12 post on the Gas Lantern Routine and Diminishing Light. This is my first try so I want to make sure I'm doing it right.

The diminishing fall schedule begins with an evenly halved light schedule, using 12 hours for the first two weeks to trigger the plant into bloom, and then further reducing the lighting for increasing darkness time by one half hour every week.

Thats a good point, i know that GLR & DLR have been kicking about on the growing scene for quite a few decades when some chap from the 90's Reinhard Delp started using this method for MJ growing.

Their appears to be some slight variation of the DLR -diminshing light routine between individual growers here on 420 tho, but not seen any real considerable change of end results by altering the timing schedule !

I use this method... (copyed extract from a link)

In the flowering stage, never use 12-12, start your flowering period at 11 hours on 13 hours off. When your are growing outdoors each day you get less and less sun light, you should copy the way the sun acts naturally in your indoor grow. So first 2 weeks of flower you go 11 on 13 off, the next 2 weeks you go down to 10.5 on 13.5 off, next 2 weeks 10 on 14 off, next two weeks 9.5 on 14.5 off and the last weeks of flower you should be at 9 hours on and 15 hours off. You'll get bigger and better buds by copying the way the sun light works on cannabis outdoors.

The only real reason i use GLR & DLR is to save on electricity :thumb:

The only thing that 18-6, and then 12-12 lighting schedule's do is make the energy companies rich as well as the people who sell lights and equipment, the more you use the more you spend.

P.s i've pm ya the link to GLR/DLR.

Thanks Fuzzy, I'm at 9.5/14.5 schedule right now and last night I pulled my indicas out and checked the trichromes. there were a couple of amber ones on each bud that I checked and the rest were cloudy or close t cloudy. It's here my first harvest. Wahoo

good looking grow buddy, dont know how i missed it thus far! subbed

Welcome to the journal bigirishdoode & i hope you enjoy the rest of the grow :thumb:

I'm still reasonable new to growing with some experimenting with soil mix's at present & plant training to effect over all yield & qualitie of the end goal... big tasty bud :green_heart:

Only time will tell with more grows under my belt to tell the tale off.

I use this method... (copyed extract from a link)

In the flowering stage, never use 12-12, start your flowering period at 11 hours on 13 hours off. When your are growing outdoors each day you get less and less sun light, you should copy the way the sun acts naturally in your indoor grow. So first 2 weeks of flower you go 11 on 13 off, the next 2 weeks you go down to 10.5 on 13.5 off, next 2 weeks 10 on 14 off, next two weeks 9.5 on 14.5 off and the last weeks of flower you should be at 9 hours on and 15 hours off. You’ll get bigger and better buds by copying the way the sun light works on cannabis outdoors.
The only real reason i use GLR & DLR is to save on electricity :thumb:

The only thing that 18-6, and then 12-12 lighting schedule's do is make the energy companies rich as well as the people who sell lights and equipment, the more you use the more you spend.

P.s i've pm ya the link to GLR/DLR.

This is really interesting Fuzzy. I'm trying to learn as much as I can so when I am ready to rock and roll it will work!

Would you be able to PM me the link please? I'm trying to learn as much about lighting as possible, and to keep electric down!! I've looked quite a lot at GLR but not DLR...or if I know about one will that be enough?

:thanks:

This is really interesting Fuzzy. I'm trying to learn as much as I can so when I am ready to rock and roll it will work!

Would you be able to PM me the link please? I'm trying to learn as much about lighting as possible, and to keep electric down!! I've looked quite a lot at GLR but not DLR...or if I know about one will that be enough?

Link has been PM fluff :thumb:

At present i don't use the GLR method.

The 12-1 lighting schedule is as follows 12 hours lights on, 5.5 lights off, 1-hour lights on, 5.5 lights off, and repeat schedule. The 1 hour on in between off period fools the plants that stay in vegetative growth state!

Reason being i only use a 125w 6400k CFL for vegging on a 16/8 lighting regime & if GLR was used i would save aprox 2.5 kw a week or an average of 30p or so on savings for electicity that week, its not a great deal & presently not to fussed about it.

On the other hand if using 250w/400w/600w/1000w metal halides etc GLR makes quite a difference in electricity cost over a period of time !

How ever i do use the DLR method as i currently use a 400w dual spectrum hps by growlux & if using 12/12 that would equate to 4.8 kw (plus) a day, by using DLR with hps makes savings on electricity a lot sooner due to higher wattage use of these bulbs.

On average with 16/8, 125w cfl for vegging, DLR for flowering & a perpetual grow cycle plus additional wattage used by ballest/fans my eletric bill has risen by an extra £25 per month.

Thats what i call a cost effective grow :high-five:

looking great to me, im gonna have access to all the chicken,goose and guinne hen poop i could ever use, whats your method to make it not to hot? composted tea? , i will have all winter to brew/compost it for next years garden, i use glr in veg right now with my 312watt t5 fixture 6 52 watt bulbs, but mainly cuz the growth is better than 18/6 in my exp, i flower with 11/13 sometimes i will go to 10/14 for the last 2 or so weeks, but i was reading jorge cervantes says dlr causes fluffy buds and loss of weight,hmmmm
Welcome to the journal bigirishdoode & i hope you enjoy the rest of the grow :thumb:

I'm still reasonable new to growing with some experimenting with soil mix's at present & plant training to effect over all yield & qualitie of the end goal... big tasty bud :green_heart:

Only time will tell with more grows under my belt to tell the tale off.

Link has been PM fluff :thumb:

At present i don't use the GLR method.

The 12-1 lighting schedule is as follows 12 hours lights on, 5.5 lights off, 1-hour lights on, 5.5 lights off, and repeat schedule. The 1 hour on in between off period fools the plants that stay in vegetative growth state!

Reason being i only use a 125w 6400k CFL for vegging on a 16/8 lighting regime & if GLR was used i would save aprox 2.5 kw a week or an average of 30p or so on savings for electicity that week, its not a great deal & presently not to fussed about it.

On the other hand if using 250w/400w/600w/1000w metal halides etc GLR makes quite a difference in electricity cost over a period of time !

How ever i do use the DLR method as i currently use a 400w dual spectrum hps by growlux & if using 12/12 that would equate to 4.8 kw (plus) a day, by using DLR with hps makes savings on electricity a lot sooner due to higher wattage use of these bulbs.

On average with 16/8, 125w cfl for vegging, DLR for flowering & a perpetual grow cycle plus additional wattage used by ballest/fans my eletric bill has risen by an extra £25 per month.

Thats what i call a cost effective grow :high-five:

Thank you muchly Fuzzy!

Definitely a cost effective grow!

Will look more closely at the DLR as I've got the 250 watt MH & HPS for my cupboard.

looking great to me, im gonna have access to all the chicken,goose and guinne hen poop i could ever use, whats your method to make it not to hot?

Like with any fresh manure straight from the animals back side so to speak... it will be regarded as hot & whilst it breaks down & rots the heat generated in the process we kill any harmful pathogens 'n' other stuff which makes the well rotted manure safe to use once rotted in about a years time as a good measure !

Alternatively you can use the manure from the very bottom of the pile as this will be well rotted, never use the fresh stuff !

Always a good idea to wear gloves when handling manure tho :thumb:

Even tho such dung from a farmyard which deals with various poultry will have an undentified NPK value you can assume its on a low NPK side.

Currently used chicken manure pellets in compost mix considored medium release nutrient feed over several weeks for plants.

composted tea?

Ye i've used in compost teas for added flavour :love:

More tea Vicar ?

Refined brew of 1tsp molasse, 1l of farmyard manure, 50g chicken manure pellets, 25g bat guano to 5l of water brewed between 24 to 72 hours... gets me about 2 good waterings of the stuff over my 4 girls.

Mainly using as an intermediate feed through out the week.

001977.JPG

I've used DIY store chicken manure from a reputable brand name tho at present.

007674.JPG

006703.JPG

I will have all winter to brew/compost it for next years garden

Thats a fine idea i'm sure the manure will be ready for use by then, use the stuff from the bottom of pile tho.

But i was reading jorge cervantes says dlr causes fluffy buds and loss of weight,hmmmm

Thats an interesting comment from ol jorge...

Which i can not honestly reply to due to lack of grows involving DLR routine so far, only time will tell with more experience with this routine !

My last Blue Mystic grow yielded an average of 42g per plant aprox i don't believe it was considored airy/fluffy tho, even tho a dinner plate full of popcorn bud was frozern down for use with the ol bubble bags later on in the future.

Last grow of Blue Mystic with DLR routine for your inspection kind sir :peace:

A dryed cola.
004865.JPG

I hope this puts your mind to ease about fluffy buds :green_heart:
004855.JPG

001960.JPG

003923.JPG

002983.JPG

These pic's come from a straight foward biobizz all mix compost & biobizz nutrient grow !

All the best - fuzzy

The current grow in this journal is subject to experimentation of soil mix & was repotted 3 time before flowering !

1. From rooted cuttings which took 2 weeks to root into 1 litre pot of sterile potting compost suitable for seedling/cuttings for 2 weeks for root developement.

2. Repotted to 2 litre standarded pot for vegging consisting of 50% farmyard manure, 50% biobizz all mix for 4 weeks.

3. Repotted 2 weeks before being put into flowering tent into 6.5 litre air pot with equal mix of farmyard manure & biobizz all mix with addittional ingredients off 20g of bat guano, 25 g of chicken manure pellets these are considored medium release nutrients over several weeks.

This all took 10 weeks in alloted time frame off a perpetual grow system whilst vegging & others where in flower, rince 'n' repeat = effeciency

In theory i needed a couple weeks for these nutrients to break down & become aviable for the plant to use whilst in early flowering stage hence the repot before flowering, these should last intill about mid flowering before becoming depeleted... quite an essential stage of plant developement i thought.

Even tho i suffered with a slightly different nutrient defeciency in early flowering from the last grow of this strain, i could put that down to a rapid pistil developement in early flowering... which i'm not total sure what caused this as i'm still working on my conclusion & other enviromental factors which may alter the grow.

Not sure if i'm going to use this method of repotting 3 time into a slightly altered soil mix tho as the current plants in veg is another slightly altered mix plus new prunning techinque i wish to try out.

All very experimental.

Thank you muchly Fuzzy!

Definitely a cost effective grow!

Will look more closely at the DLR as I've got the 250 watt MH & HPS for my cupboard.

Aye should shave off £10 to £15 of the elctric bill... just need to crunch some numbers :thumb:

004865.JPG

I hope this puts your mind to ease about fluffy buds :green_heart:
004855.JPG

These pic's come from a straight foward biobizz all mix compost & biobizz nutrient grow !

All the best - fuzzy

Everytime I come to this page I have to read this post Fuzzy so hope you dont mind me commenting :blushsmile:

First of all, I think we need to think of another word than "Fluffy" to negatively describe the buds which aren't dense enough. Fluffy is awesome :cheesygrinsmiley:

One of the things I love about your journals are the pictures...they do speak a thousand words. Those really beautiful buds and the short comment about them just coming from a standard biobizz grow shows what can be done...gives me hope, especially as I've gone down the BioBizz route too.

Thank you for the unintentional boost!

End of the 5th week, 10/14 DLR

More bud mass showing with early signs of amber/burnt orange pistil developement... i'm not total aware/remember pistil colouring happening so early ! as far as i'm aware this is an early sign of maturity, could mean it finshs earlyer than expected... but not not total sure yet & may effect total yield ?

I might be able to put this down to temperature effecting over all grow ? with an increase summer temps effecting ambient house hold temps with in the day which happens to be the night time period for my girls... ultimately effecting drop between lights on/ during night time temps and lights off during day time temps being some what closer to together between 5c difference on average !

Not that i have air conditioning to help ! but working towards twin fan & temp controller to balance out any seasonal peaks 'n' bumps to obtain a more average enviroment of temperature.

This will be need to be more closely observed over the course of time tho & more accurate records to be kept...

But here's the girls at end of week 5 :thumb:

003959.JPG

0021023.JPG

001996.JPG

Fuzzy those are looking mighty fine for 5 weeks. I just harvested mine at 6 weeks 9.5/14.5 and I was getting a few amber trichromes and we want a more up lifting high so I put them into 36 hour of dark and put them in the drying box this afternoon. So it may help in harvesting a little earlier. The amber was showing on both the indicas and sativas.

Beautiful, beautiful girls Fuzzy :love:

I continue to be in awe of grows like yours!

Only my 4th attempt ! the first 2 grows didn't go as well tho but got lucky with 3rd grow with blue mystic 'n' currently stuck with strain due to reasonable results :circle-of-love:

Fuzzy those are looking mighty fine for 5 weeks. I just harvested mine at 6 weeks 9.5/14.5 and I was getting a few amber trichromes and we want a more up lifting high so I put them into 36 hour of dark and put them in the drying box this afternoon. So it may help in harvesting a little earlier. The amber was showing on both the indicas and sativas.

As i'm just past the half way mark for the flowering period of 9 weeks with this strain, i'm reluctant to harvest to early...

In past exerience of growing this strain in mainly gains size of bud in mid flowering but not weight, the branch bending weight gain begins around the 7th & 8th week gaining total mass, even tho i intend to see out the 9 weeks of flowering :thumb:

I still have a personal record to beat from my last grow of this strain for yield of plant off 47g dry weight from best girlie ( doesn't include popcorn bud tho)

As for the amber/burnt orange pistil developement thats an added bonus as it appears to have occured some couple of weeks early... i do like em with a touch of amber trichomes & near 90% cloudy tho :tokin:

Hopefully in the future i shall use the gained knowledge of this grow regarding the temps in a more controlled enviroment enlisting the aid of a dual fan 'n' temp controller unit to experiment with optimal temps for grows/strains looking for signs of early maturity & total bud developement... for a more dialed in/advance grow, providing i can replicate current conditions of this grow temperature wise with possible new equipment, some of it may be down to improved soil mix tho.

Fuzzy the trichomes were at least 95% cloudy and may be 5% amber. Even the popcorn buds kicked my butt and it lasted for at least 3 hours and that's only taking 2 hits. Now I just need to get it dry and cured and then figure out the right recipe for the coco tabs that my wife likes for her pain. I did 12 a few weeks ago from some bud that I bought and they were a LITTLE strong so I will have to weaken them for the daily meds. Here's the drying box with the plants. Now I just have to start to read more and more about drying and curing.

005852.jpg
004_renamed_27042.jpg

I ran a a/c unit because the dam garage gets way to hot and if I don't run the unit it's gets almost a 100 in the tent and that a little hot. My next crop is already 8" tall but the next one I'm going to really research soils before I start it. I used a local bagged topsoil and then added bat shit, alfalfa, rock phos, kelp, bone meal and about 1/4th perlite by volume. The top soil is all organic with worm casting and compost so it may be a good start. I know I have a lot to learn and read journals like yours makes it a little easier to do research. thanks.

hey fuzzy good stuff going on here , i cant really use the dlr since i do perpetual and have plants of all different ages in flower, but its all good info to stick in the old memory bank! i recently changed from glr to 18/6 for some reason my veggers were just not growing i had a couple flowering clones revegging on 24/0 and i noticed they were growing much faster than the ones on glr so i thought hmm wonder if i should switch the main tent? i did and in just a few days im seeing a marked improvement, strange to me since i have been all about the glr for quite some time now, just not sure what to think now, i will use whatever is working best, and always suggest others do the same, just thought you might find that interesting.:peace:

Back
Top Bottom