Soil To DWC Swap

Gewber4u

So I hope this is in the right spot.first off i was never really able to grow indoors in soil. Don't know why. Long story short. I decided after 2 weeks of issues to just grow how I know. This is what I have going right now

1xunknown
2xwhite nightmare
1x300w mars led
40x40x72 sun hut
1x40 gal aquarium air pump
1x budget dwc res 1.5 gal
1x budget dwc res 3 gal
Using the b.c recipe for success nutrient pack.
P.h between 5.5 and 6.5

First pic from 4/29 second pic from 5/6
420-magazine-mobile571869200.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1829724936.jpg

My 2nd transplant from 5/1 to 5/6
420-magazine-mobile1112845023.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1787789031.jpg

And today's
420-magazine-mobile985232644.jpg

There laminated Styrofoam I get from work. I got a 400w hps I'm gonna be using this time around for bloom. This led is good for veg but not to great by itself for bloom. It does awesome for its size.

You gonna try and use just the foam to support them the white grow or are you going to fill in the pots with a medium? Those babies will get heavy and push that foam right down.

Got my roots almost all cleaned up now. Running some root 66 and suger daddy at 10ml to 3 gal starting to look real good on 2 of the 3. Th e other idk think it has rot so moved it to a single bucket got 2 happy ones
420-magazine-mobile179786224.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1483505660.jpg

Good clean roots with some new growth. Then my problem child.
420-magazine-mobile445412464.jpg

This one don't like anything

Over looked one major thing. Had my air pump in my sealed tent. And I have a co2 bag hanging in there. So all night ling I'm giving em co2 infused air strait to the water. Moved air pump out of tent should see a nice difference.

Nice catch. Never thought about that. I'm curious to see how that led performs. It's probably only about 150 watts if that and that 4x4 tent needs about 625.from what I've been reading you have to use the actual watt consumption out of the wall when sizing leds. If that's the case leds are way too spendy.

True draw on my led is 138 at the plug. This is my 2nd grow with it. My first round was a partial fail as I ran soil. Ended up with root rot at week 6 of bloom and lost them all. This round I started in soil then decided I wasn't going thru that again. Girls are already a lot happier. Not droopy at all this morning. Plus my ph didn't drift as far and my res don't smell funny. My best move so far was getting that air pump out of my tent.

Running tap water for now. Waiting on our r.o machine me and a buddy ordered should be there on Mon then I switch to that. Just put my little res up and got both my bigger ones back out. So now I'm running 1 12gal res with 2 plants. And 1 4 gal res with 1 plant.
420-magazine-mobile376225373.jpg

420-magazine-mobile602726889.jpg

Now that i. Done with my swap here's some info on my new old res.
12 gal 2 plant res
9 gal water
Ph at 6.1
2 x 12 inch air stones
1/3 recommended dose of b.c
Boost
Grow
Thrive alive b1 red
Magical
Suger daddy
Root 66
2nd res 5gal single plant
2x 2 inch round air stones
3.5 gal water and same nute mix as above
Both reservoirs still on single 60gph air pump for now

Keep an eye on light leaking into your rez. If those are the same types of containers ive used before they bleed a little light when its high intensity. Need to cover them if they do. That foam is probably bleeding some light in there as well. What color are your airlines? Blackbor clear? If they're clear then theres a little more bleeding... Light in your rez will cause algae blooms and mess with ph and steal nutes and O2 from your girls. I gorilla tape every bucket i use and my cloner just to be safe.

Let a buddy take one so now I just got the two in the big tote. All 4 air stone in there now. Might swap the 2 in stones for another set of 12 in.

Back
Top Bottom