Soil usage

Wifi x Jellium

Home made cross from @beez0404 - I supplied the Jellium cut.

Took the Jellium size + nuggs and matched it to the bulk and grease of the Wifi.

Fast flower and big af. This is outdoors and she's done now. Chop day tomorrow.

Thanks just posting whats possible. Can get bigger in a bigger pot for sure. The guy that taught me his soil recipe grows 60# plants cause he's only allowed to grow 4 at a time. So he grows monsters.

So indoors and soil, your container size is crucial. Too big a pot too big a plant.

I use 7.5 gal container and thats about the minimum for an organic soil grow.

If I went up the 10gal then I have too tall of a plant. Then there's genetics of course.

good morning - got any pics?

White fuzz or white mold is very common on soil grows - typically it’s a great sign that you have active microbe life in the soil. Generally it’s not a problem and is something to be desired. I took a batch of soil and added to a container this week, I put a few amendments in and had the fuzz pop up about 3 days later, Nothing to remedy - it’s all good! Hopefully the white patch will get larger over the next few days

good morning, so i noticed a very small patch of white mold on my soil. should i be worried? can you help with what steps i should take?
Don't panic is the first step that comes to mind.;)

What @013 mentions is the first step and what you should be thinking of when looking at the mold.

A good living soil is loaded with molds and fungus and microbes and bacteria and much more. All of them, including the molds will start to break down the organic material and help to make the nutrients available to the plants.

good morning, so i noticed a very small patch of white mold on my soil. should i be worried? can you help with what steps i should take?
I actually encourage this to happen by putting an inch thick layer of pine bark mulch on the top of my soil to block the light and easy access for burrowing pests. A good layer of mold and special microbes grow right at the surface level and just below.
In a synthetic grow, keeping this sort of growth from happening is a good argument for using tap water, complete with its chlorine treatment, designed of course, to keep just this sort of thing from occurring.

good morning - got any pics?

White fuzz or white mold is very common on soil grows - typically it’s a great sign that you have active microbe life in the soil. Generally it’s not a problem and is something to be desired. I took a batch of soil and added to a container this week, I put a few amendments in and had the fuzz pop up about 3 days later, Nothing to remedy - it’s all good! Hopefully the white patch will get larger over the next few days
Don't panic is the first step that comes to mind.;)

What @013 mentions is the first step and what you should be thinking of when looking at the mold.

A good living soil is loaded with molds and fungus and microbes and bacteria and much more. All of them, including the molds will start to break down the organic material and help to make the nutrients available to the plants.
I actually encourage this to happen by putting an inch thick layer of pine bark mulch on the top of my soil to block the light and easy access for burrowing pests. A good layer of mold and special microbes grow right at the surface level and just below.
In a synthetic grow, keeping this sort of growth from happening is a good argument for using tap water, complete with its chlorine treatment, designed of course, to keep just this sort of thing from occurring.

Thank you to all 3. i was like fuckkkkkkkkkkkkk what did i do wrong. I'm good now.
I didn't take any pics and now I don't see it anymore since it was watering day.

Emilya i use distilled water to feed them along with the FF products I have

@Emilya the state im in the water is horribl...ph alone is high 9's

You can fix the high pH with ascorbic acid (vitamin C) and/or an RO filter with a DI stage.

Can get one for about $50 on the zon. Google "RO Buddie"

You will have basically rain water out the RO filter with pH around 6.5pH perfect.

just pH it down to where it needs to be after adding the nutes, and when you give plain water. If folks and animals and yards are drinking it, it won't kill your plants either.

PH above say 8.5pH will eventually bring the soil pH up over 7pH over time depending on how large the container of soil is. It will kill the plants eventually. 420% on that. Took me about 3 weeks in 7.5gal containers to start showing signs of the inevitable. I started adding vitamin C to my filtered water to bring down the pH and vola problems solved.

PH above say 8.5pH will eventually bring the soil pH up over 7pH over time depending on how large the container of soil is. It will kill the plants eventually. 420% on that. Took me about 3 weeks in 7.5gal containers to start showing signs of the inevitable. I started adding vitamin C to my filtered water to bring down the pH and vola problems solved.
Not worth mentioning it to them but they don't consider the alkalinity so start with high PPM then wonder the plant is showing deficiency, actually potassium but they keep pushing up nitrogen because she cant uptake much of anything.

Back
Top Bottom