Bakuwauu

Hello, on sunday 1.11 the plants were looking totally normal, but yesterday (2.11) when I checked them out they started having yellow dots on the leaves ( see pics), and today when I re-checked them some of the plants leaves edges had starting to get really light and looking all wilt. What's the matter with them?
About my setup: I have 2 600w HPS lamps, 9 Outlaws under one and 8 Durban Poisons under the other. I have 2 odrinary fans blowing over them, and the temps go around 75-82 and RH 35-50 ( I cant seem to get them to stay in one particular area, since the lamps really heat up the place).
I'm using Biobizz allmix soil, with only some moisture sucking balls (seen in pics, don't know their name)
I've just recently transplanted them into 10l pots with new fresh allmix in them, which makes it even more weird for these deficiencies to occur since I've been told Allmix is really strong soil and shouldn't add more nutes in first 2 weeks...
I've foliar sprayed them with water daily (light doses) to give them the "rain feel".
In addition i've given some General Hydroponics Worm Castings (rec doses are 50ml/l but I put 20), and some Sea Weed extract (rec dose 5ml/l and i've given 2)
The pH in the water I use is 6-7
Here you see the pics
DSC005308.JPG
DSC005275.JPG
DSC005265.JPG
DSC005255.JPG
DSC005236.JPG
DSC005175.JPG

Thanks in advance guys!

Or could it be over ferting? Should I flush them with clean water? (our tapwater is natural pH 8, is it too high pH to flush with since going on pH downing all that water would be a major pain....wasn't it 3x the size of the container ie. 10l bucket needs 30l water for flushing?

Now some of the leaves are droopy and some are pointing upwards, some downwards...Some leaves have started to darken, and one of them really pale green, ill send pics later.
Now that i've read about this i've started wondering it might be the pH that's causing this, a ph lockout perhaps? I have a couple times watered with pH 8 water, but last time (yesterday) I watered with 6-6.5.
Has anyone had similar experiences? Please help they're worsening each day!

Hello, Bakuwauu :ciao:

I'd say it's a good possibility they're getting too much fertilizer. A good rule of thumb to follow is no feeding/fertilizing until plants have 5 nodes and 5 inches of growth. Yours may even go a lot longer since you say your soil is hot (nutrient-rich). The only active part of my medium is worm castings, and I didn't feed my plants for several weeks.

A pH of 8 is a bit high and could be causing a lockout, but they are almost certainly overfed. If you can flush with pH'd water, I'd do that and then let them dry out for several days. Then just stick with water for awhile.

Also, you don't need to spray your plants everyday. That can actually cause lights to burn your leaves. MJ likes to have dry periods between watering. It's good to give them a nice thorough drench and then let them get good and dry before you water again. You can check to see if it's time to water again by sticking your finger about an inch down into soil. If it's mostly dry an inch down it's safe to water again. The top layer will look completely dry. When mine were the size yours are, they were getting watered once every 4-5 days.

Hope this helps! :Namaste:

Hi! Yeah I was going to flush them today but it's alittle restricted to move around the house so i dropped one of the pots and it broke and the plant fell on the floor, I repotted it with new fresh soil and watered, so hoping for the best.
And while trying to flush i also noticed my drainage holes (self made) are way too small, the water didn't want to run through them and it all just got into a mud sea, it only drained around 1l of the 6-8 i poured, i didn't realise it until it was too late, this is my first grow so I'm all new to these things :D So I'll just drill bigger holes in the bottoms and flush them all, and see how they like it :)
thanks for the advice!

One thing I thought of is that I've read of people flushing with un-pH'd tap water and then doing the last couple liters with pH'd water. This might be an idea if you find that it's too difficult to pH all the water.

I can't remember which journal it was from or where I read it, but I know it was on this site and people ok'd that idea when it was asked about. Maybe someone else will come along and confirm or shoot that idea down.

Cheers! :ciao:

Well that would make things much easier, i'll snoop around and see if I can find any info related to that :)
I'll post pics later on how they're looking right now, and after a couple days, when they've had alittle time to heal.
They've still got pretty rapid growth going on, many of them are already at their third leafpair. I thought I'd LST half and topp the other half, but is it ok to do
That now that they're already stressed out of the possible nute burn?
Was originally planning on a 4week veg time but I might give a week or more cus of this hazzle, they're on day 15 from sprouting now :thumb:

Yeah I'm going to wait and see how further growth looks before stressing them anymore, you're right :)
Here are some pictures after the Flush I did today, I flushed with un pH'ed water the first 15L and the last 5L I used pH 6-6.5 (using liquid pH tester so I can't tell for 100% sure) and checked the runoff water from the bottom and it was a stable 6-6.5 with each plant, and the water was 90% clear when exiting from the bottom.
Here's 1 Durban Poison still showing pretty rapid growth, day 15. Other's are doing fine too, but this one's especially nice

DSC0053710.JPG

Same with this Outlaw
DSC005369.JPG

Here's 4 of the Outlaws and all 8 Durban Poisons after Flush
DSC005337.JPG
DSC005346.JPG

This is the plant that fell on the floor, looking pretty weak...I thought later on when I topp, couldn't I just plant one of the topps and have it vegged alittle extra, if this one doesn't turn out too good?
DSC0053511.JPG

Thanks for the quick replies mate! :thanks:

Topping is just taking out the newest node of growth. It's the teeny tiny bit you see growing in the middle. Those are much too small to grow independently. You could take a cutting of your plant, also know as a clone, but that's different than topping.

This link has a lot of information about topping, cloning, as well as a ton of other stuff.

How to Grow Marijuana - Everything You Need to Know!

:passitleft:

Oh alright, well I'll look into that :) well i'll let them rest 3-4 days without watering as you suggested and see how the new growth looks! probably taking new pics on sunday so you and other who're interested may see how they're doing!

:peacetwo:

Oh alright, that I didn't know about, what difference does it make? I have my lights on 24/7 so that means I should only foliage feed during flowering :p
Is the bleaching very harmful? my lamps are already 25 inches away from the highest plant tops

Hmm yeah maybe you're right, i should probably today switch to 18/6.
By the way I've been wondering ( I didn't find any proper discussions of this online), when people say MJ likes it best in 50-60% RH, my RH is ranging between 30-60....I have a humidifyer which is a total & utter waster of water, it says on the package it can control a 25 square meter room's humidity, but it's got a real hard time doing anything at all to my 5.5ft x10ft growroom's humidity. It's got a 3.3L container that empties in 12-13hours, so I have to there every morning and every evening to fill the humidifyer.I've also got some small towels which I wet each morning and evening (they manage to raise rh and keep it around 40% as long as they're moist).

So my question is, is it bad having rh in 30-40%? should I really try keeping it up in 50-60?

The good news is your RH is right where it should be for flowering. ;) It is a little low for vegging, but I had the same problems with RH during my vegging period and I didn't noticed any significant impact on the growth of my plants. Do what you can to keep it up but I wouldn't fret about it too much, there are more significant environmental issues to be concerned with IMHO.

Oh great! :D Yeah I thought the humidity couldn't be a too big problem since growth is looking good. I thought I could LST them today and see how they like it, since I'm going to be away 4 days and a friend will do the watering but I want to do the LST so it'll be my screwup if something happens, and since i'm only vegging for 4weeks total and they're on day 18 now so I want them to be LST'ed early before flowering. I also read Topping and LST'ing is a good combo, but as Dresney stated, topping might add pretty much stress to them...should I? Otherwise it would be done next friday ;O

Here are all the Durban Poisons, their new growth is looking healthy so that's why i thought it Could be okay to LST and maybe Top them?
DSC005389.JPG

New Problems!

Hello again! everything has went superb with my grow after the flush, up until now...Today is day 30 of veg and I'm going to put them into flowering 10pm this evening, but first i'd like some assistance with wth is going on this time.
The symptoms are exacly the same as last time ( pics below), but this time i'm alittle unsure whether it's the pH that's causing it since I've been using pH 6.5 water.
One thing I realized i've been doing wrong is adding the nutes into the water after I've pHed it, but they aren't supposed to drop too much with Biobizz, or so I read on this forum in one post (so it's not super confirmed information)...I started giving them nutes 2 waterings ago, and the doses were 1ml of Biogrow in 1l of water, and they all drink 1l of water so basically 1ml per plant. Yesterday (thurs 19.12) I gave them the same amount, only adding 1ml of Topmax (following the Biobizz feed schedule) per plant.
They started showing slight deficiencies after 2 weeks in Allmix without added nutes, so I started giving them the first round on Sunday 15.12, 1ml grow as mentioned.
So by the look of things I shouldn't have been able to over fert them since they've only been fed twice...I'm away from the plants Mon-Fri thanks to school so my friend takes care of them during those days (refills the humidifier etc, so it was actually he who watered them on thurs), and he sent me a text on 18.12 that the plants are looking like they've got some deficiencies and droopy, so I told him to give the water and added nutes since Biobizz recommends adding nutes once a week, and 5 days inbetween i figured it would be ok.
I'll just put the info on the grow again here so it's all in the same post
Strains - Outlaw & Durban Poison
# of Plants - 16 (8 of both)
Grow Type - Soil
Grow Stage - Vegetative
Bucket Size - 10L
Lights -2 600w HPS (1 for each strain), added 3 CFL's, 2 20w 1 15w, keeping them 3 inches away from 3 plants.
Nutrients - Biobizz Grow - Toppmax so far.
Medium - Biobizz Allmix
PH - 6.5
RH - 35-65%
Room Temperature - 24-27C....75-80F
Room size - 1.7x3.1x2.1m....5.5x10.1x6.8ft
Pests - Cannot tell for sure, saw some spider webb on one pot and have been using a product called Raid plant & garden every week.
Lamp distance to plants - 70cm....27"

Here comes the pics, note some of the leaves have actual holes in them, what else can cause holes and cracking leaves other than pests?
Here the lowest fan leaves are turning really yellow, according to my research this could be totally normal, so I wasn't worried about it too much but as the top leaves started showing indications of similar problems I had to contact the pro's!
DSC005945.JPG

DSC0059111.JPG
DSC005897.JPG

Here's one of my main stems I accidentally snapped, but it seems to be recovering quite nicely, one of the top leaves is completely dried out but the rest is not.
DSC005906.JPG
This has been there for longer, but I can't find ANYTHING on the internet that would tell me what that is...
DSC005996.JPG
DSC005965.JPG
DSC006049.JPG
DSC006037.JPG
DSC005887.JPG
Here's some of them, and as you see the growth itself is good, and I've been LST'ing and Topping them and they've responded very nicely.
DSC0058311.JPG
DSC005828.JPG
Here you see the stem has actually changed it's colour.. Looking at this branch and it's leaves, they all look very crisp, why is that?
DSC005816.JPG
Here you see the leaves are all hanging like it would be overwatered or something even though it cannot be since i water every 4 days and really wait for the pot to turn light and dry...The 1L water I give is just enough for them since it gives alittle drainage from the bottom.
DSC006067.JPG

Also, my main roots are coming out the bottom of my pot, I read online it's nothing to worry about, since it "travels" to where the water goes -> bottom of the pot, but some of my main roots have come like 3-4" out of the pot which is pretty much IMO...Repotting would be a major pain since I cant afford more Allmix and would have to use some poor home soil my mom uses.
Sorry about the long post but I figured a million pictures gives you the best idea of what i'm dealing with!
I hope I dont have to flush them again or something since they've started to put out some real scent and moving them into the house is pretty much out of the question, would have to flush inside the room and since I dont have any pumps it would take hours to get the water to the room, and then the flushed water out again...

Thanks in advance...

-Bakuwauuu

Heya, Bakuwauu :ciao:

I would definitely adjust pH after adding nutes. They can absolutely cause fluctuations.

Some of them do look to be overwatered. If you stick your finger down in the dirt 1-2 inches does it feel damp after 4 days? Less is usually more with watering.

I think pH can cause twisty leaves, as well... definitely check the pH after adding nutes. You also want to check the runoff after you water/feed your plants to see what that's coming out. If you're adding 6.5 pH'd water, but your runoff is coming out too high or low that's an indicator that something is amiss.

I'm concerned about the Raid. Can you post a picture of the can? On Raid's website the closest thing I see to what you named is Raid House and Garden. It says on the label that it's only for use on ornamental plants, never on anything grown for eating... I'd say it would be even more dangerous if smoked, as our lungs don't have the same protection our stomachs offer us. The website has several warnings against having pets, aquariums near it for several hours after applying, as well as not breathing it in yourself. Is this the same stuff you're using?

Maybe wait until someone else chimes in, but I'd be afraid to smoke anything that had Raid sprayed on it.

As for possible pests, check on the underside of leaves. That seems to be where they like to hang out. If you have a jeweler's loupe or magnifying lens of some sort that helps.

Back
Top Bottom