Spider mites!

RingPop

please help! This is the first grow this has happened to me. id love sum help asap. i need a home made remedy if possible and how to use it. now time to blaze a fat one and think all this over......the battle is on!:lot-o-toke:

Re: Spider mites!!!!

Hi mate, those bastards are really hard to kill, I had a huge problem a couple of crops ago and tried several 'avid' like products which didnt help and cost a fortune.
I never managed to completely oust my room of the problem but i did find a couple of nifty tricks which will stop them from causing too much damage... I spray my plants with a mild liquid seaweed solution anyway, if you target the underside of the leaves then the spidermites will pretty much stop reproducing and what i like about it is the fact that its natural salts which they respond to and not some harsh chemical, works very well, a spray every couple of days when lights are first on, or off.
Another thing i resorted to and seemed to have relatively good effect (compared to avid) was a home made dip made from a very very weak bleach solution (im talking a tablespoon per gallon) and fairy, they say fairy is good for your soil anyway which is the main reason i chose it and the bleach kills all sorts of tiny critters.
I think the dipping solution would have been an outright success had i dipped them, waited a couple of days for the new eggs to hatch and dipped them again however i had lots of plants at the time and it was a pain in the arse.
There are all sorts of natural, home made dips you can make, apparently soaking a small amount of tobacco into a couple of gallons of water works well, also garlic is supposed to work... theres no reason you cant use them all, my plants barely noticed the dipping and i saw a huge decline in SMs.
All the best
GA

Back
Top Bottom