Stealth - Soil - HID - Smart Pot - SCROG - GDP - First Grow

Re: Stealth, Soil, HID, Smart Pot, SCROG, GDP - First Grow

IMHO cut out some of the inner leaves to open the plant up. You should see the leaves move when the fan is directed towards it. Also water at first light so there is time for the water can evaporate, remove standing water. :peacetwo:

I think the Silica needs time to work and I think the constant exchange of air is something that impedes that process. That bucket could work. If you do decide to go that route, I hope you will let us know the results brother. :goodluck:

I think the Silica needs time to work and I think the constant exchange of air is something that impedes that process. That bucket could work. If you do decide to go that route, I hope you will let us know the results brother. :goodluck:

I bought all the stuff today. I'm going to build the bucket.

I didn't get a chance to build anything tonight, had to put the boy down. I got like $23 in parts that could work. I was thinking I could use kitty litter too..

I've got some metal mesh wire, gonna cut some of that to fit in the bucket and secure it with zip ties. Then I'll take some landscape cloth and make some bags from that that are the same size as the diameter of the bucket and fill it with either kitty litter or silica. Put that so it sits on top of the wire mesh.

Below the wire mesh, I'll drill holes, like the ona bucket, so that the air is pulled from the outside, through the silica and into the box.

The box intake will have a metal register that is fitted over the fan and sealed.

In theory, it should work. Air being drawn in over the moisture absorbing material should absorb some water vapor. I'll also need to detach the intake fan from the temperature control unit so that it runs 24/7 as well as the exhaust fan.

The only problem I could have is if the fan isn't strong enough to pull air through the silica bag. It's a 105cfm computer fan and they aren't too keen on drag..

We'll see. I'll post everything here.

:Namaste:

Wow, another MacGyver in the area. I pick up a small round fan $12.00 (10" wide) from walmart that fit into a 2 gallon paint pail. IMHO I do not think a computer fan will be strong enough.

Not to dampen (pardon the pun) your enthusiasm but fighting RH in the rain is a losing battle. Open those babies up with some trimming, stick another fan inside the box, and fooo-get'a'boutt'it.

You will only see the powder mold or other mold if the airflow is low, I have yet to have problems when the fans are going full blast, and I am treating my lady right during her daylight hours.

Wow, another MacGyver in the area. I pick up a small round fan $12.00 (10" wide) from walmart that fit into a 2 gallon paint pail. IMHO I do not think a computer fan will be strong enough.

Not to dampen (pardon the pun) your enthusiasm but fighting RH in the rain is a losing battle. Open those babies up with some trimming, stick another fan inside the box, and fooo-get'a'boutt'it.

You will only see the powder mold or other mold if the airflow is low, I have yet to have problems when the fans are going full blast, and I am treating my lady right during her daylight hours.

Well guys, I'm going to try this first and see if it works. It's gone together surprisingly easy.

When I disconnected the fan from the thermal controller, it regained some of it's speed and it was sucking air in like it never has. It has a pretty high cfm rating for a computer fan.

I've got the back end all together and the bucket is together. If the intake is sucking in air through the silica or kitty litter, it should reduce at least some of the moisture in the air.

The intake is now disconnected and is running 24/7 and it literally blowing like a motherf***er inside the box. I've got a speed controller on that but well see...

Will post pics and update here as soon as I can.

Positive vibes needed ya'll. Come on! :)

Day 62 - Flowering day 15

Houston, we have frost!

I noticed today that the frost has come to roost in my box. It's a nice thing to wake up to.

I made a box mod today that I will explain later to hopefully deal with the humidity issue that I'm having.

I hope it works. We'll see.

Not much to report today other than....Pics! All is looking so good in my box..very nice looking ladies!

Day_62_-_1.jpg
Day_62_-_4.jpg
day_62_-_2.jpg
Day_62_-_5.jpg
Day_62_-_7.jpg
Day_62_-_3.jpg

Freakin buds everywhere. I found out where my odor issue is coming from today..just need to build one carbon filter and I should be good to go.

So is 5 oz still the projection? We should start a pool ;-) These could be finished before May 1st by the looks of things...any thoughts?

If this doesn't work, either with the silica or kitty litter, I'm going to buy a $20 tower fan from Lowe's..

And I might do some trimming...shit I'd like to avoid that..course I wanted to avoid flushing too but look how that worked out! Awesome!

First...:thumb::goodluck::Namaste::nicethread::high-five::bravo::allgood::theband:

Secondly:

I am going with (3 & 3/8) OZ dried and cured. I figure at least 2/8 will not make it that far into the future... calling that the "attrition factor"

Third:
If the plants are tiered maturity, you could very easily have this thing go until May 1 then crop all shoots that are extended and have another harvest June 1 for the remainder... This is a possibility...

Either everything matures at the same rate or the lower nodes will mature slower. Depending on the strain..

I know of a few strains (by know I mean love) where the plant matures the shoots it extends, but the lower plant nodes do not mature... 1 plant 8+ months on 12/12, harvested <1oz every time on months 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8... =tiered maturity...

First...:thumb::goodluck::Namaste::nicethread::high-five::bravo::allgood::theband:

Secondly:

I am going with (3 & 3/8) OZ dried and cured. I figure at least 2/8 will not make it that far into the future... calling that the "attrition factor"

Third:
If the plants are tiered maturity, you could very easily have this thing go until May 1 then crop all shoots that are extended and have another harvest June 1 for the remainder... This is a possibility...

Either everything matures at the same rate or the lower nodes will mature slower. Depending on the strain..

I know of a few strains (by know I mean love) where the plant matures the shoots it extends, but the lower plant nodes do not mature... 1 plant 8+ months on 12/12, harvested <1oz every time on months 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8... =tiered maturity...

That's interesting...

I won't be able to go that long due to heat issues but it sure is food for thought...you've got some very interesting ideas Crackin....

I probably won't lose any to attrition...maybe a sample bud to make sure I'm where I need to be for harvest but beyond that..I'll probably wait. I've got enough meds to handle my needs.

Have you been growing for like 100 years or something?? Thanks for the positivity.. :)

It's such an exciting time when they start to frost up. Every day it's more and more trichs until they are just covered in it. I love it. I'm going to say 4.2 zips

Lookin' good! I just read a journal of someone who uses a waterfarm, with one plant (SCROG), a 400w CMH, and he supposedly pulled 11 oz's! Oh yeah, and he only used Flora Nova Bloom from GH!!! Hit me up for the link if ya wanna check it out. Sorry to sound like a damn commercial or something but I didn't believe it till I saw it. Peace.

I have been interested in this thing since 1996. My "Mel frank" book is signed.-
I have read that book 5 times before my first attempt. -Most everything ever stated on this site comes from the 1988 edition of that book. The technique and science of this thing has gotten crazy since then. I equate it to the MMA fighting factor.

You know how in1996 Gracie Brazilian jujitsu won mma? All the fighters adapted over the next 10 years and now you have to have the guard and wrestling as basic mma skill otherwise any pro beats you. Integrated fighting technique is mandatory.

Well all the technique of todays medical mmj is the basics invented by guys like Ed and Mel and the general basic knowledge on this site, is what I consider to be the same Adaptation of the mma principal stated above. Everyone now strives to get the basics. Today's basics are yesterdays professional secrets, yesterdays Brazilian jujitsu.

Anecdotally we are all "mmj fighters" here toning and refining our skills, training, maybe lst'ing.-

Cheers.

-

I have been interested in this thing since 1996. My "Mel frank" book is signed.-
I have read that book 5 times before my first attempt. -Most everything ever stated on this site comes from the 1988 edition of that book. The technique and science of this thing has gotten crazy since then. I equate it to the MMA fighting factor.

You know how in1996 Gracie Brazilian jujitsu won mma? All the fighters adapted over the next 10 years and now you have to have the guard and wrestling as basic mma skill otherwise any pro beats you. Integrated fighting technique is mandatory.

Well all the technique of todays medical mmj is the basics invented by guys like Ed and Mel and the general basic knowledge on this site, is what I consider to be the same Adaptation of the mma principal stated above. Everyone now strives to get the basics. Today's basics are yesterdays professional secrets, yesterdays Brazilian jujitsu.

Anecdotally we are all "mmj fighters" here toning and refining our skills, training, maybe lst'ing.-

Cheers.

-

A worthy correlation indeed. I grew in the 70's but based on my research here and in other books, it almost doesn't count.

I've been growing for just over 60 days now, studying for 120 days or more and that has given more experience than 3 summers of growing as a kid.

I just threw seeds into 5 gallon buckets of soil, watered them, chopped the males, smoked some ok weed in October and sold some to friends for school clothes money.

What a long time ago it was...

Lookin' good! I just read a journal of someone who uses a waterfarm, with one plant (SCROG), a 400w CMH, and he supposedly pulled 11 oz's! Oh yeah, and he only used Flora Nova Bloom from GH!!! Hit me up for the link if ya wanna check it out. Sorry to sound like a damn commercial or something but I didn't believe it till I saw it. Peace.

Sweet!! I knew it could be done!!

Day 63 - Flower Day 16

Well, I fear I have a decision to make and I don't know quite what to do.

I'm thinking I might have to pull Jessica out of the box. The room inside the box has gotten quite crowded and the space she is taking is pushing the two other plants against the side of the box.

I noticed this morning that Dorothy had much more powdery mildew than Baby Le Bush. She is crammed against the wall and I'm thinking that isn't good.

I'd rather not pull her but her yield will not be sufficient to risk the entire grow to mold. Nothing has helped the humidity issue and I need to create some airflow. Your thoughts?

(Placerville, would you like a very healthy hempy female? Yarddog??)

As many have recommended, I trimmed like a motha this morning. Mostly all leaves that had any sign of the mildew in addition to low fan leaves. I created a lot of space underneath for airflow purposes.

My concern in doing that was the plants focus from bud development into repair or possibly shock. I feel like I'm running out of options and I want to nip this in the bud, no pun intended, before my flowers get thick.

Pics!!

Day_63_-_1.jpg
Day_63_-_2.jpg
Day_63_-_3.jpg
Day_63_-_4.jpg
Day_63_-_5.jpg
Day_63_-_6.jpg
Day_63_-_7.jpg
Day_63_-_8.jpg

Day_63_-_9.jpg

So that's my update. Please let me know what your thoughts are regarding pulling the hempy bucket out...honestly I think my decision is already made just looking for confirmation and maybe a home for her.

She's a Purple Trash.

Sorry you have to even make that decision my man, but if pulling Jess out will help save the crop on the big girls, the decision will be less difficult. Hell, just get a big cardboard box and throw Jessica under some CFLs and finish her out that way (if that's an option for you).

Best of luck to you and you will still get a big harvest even without your little girl.

Man I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. Are you at all able to put her by the window somewhere (out of sight from outside of course) or maybe even outside? I think in your situation, you should trim those girls more! I would also put a couple more fans in the box if you can fit them in. And keep spraying them down every few days. that's all I can think of right now.

Sorry you have to even make that decision my man, but if pulling Jess out will help save the crop on the big girls, the decision will be less difficult. Hell, just get a big cardboard box and throw Jessica under some CFLs and finish her out that way (if that's an option for you).

Best of luck to you and you will still get a big harvest even without your little girl.

Man I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. Are you at all able to put her by the window somewhere (out of sight from outside of course) or maybe even outside? I think in your situation, you should trim those girls more! I would also put a couple more fans in the box if you can fit them in. And keep spraying them down every few days. that's all I can think of right now.

Well...the mildew issue isn't out of control. Maybe I'll wait and see what happens. I just hate the thought of getting rid of her.

HempRocket, have you trimmed a lot in your grows? What has the result been in regards to growth and bud development? Everything I read says not to trim...but..shit I don't know.

I don't have the room for another box...or the energy & time. I know I sound pathetic today but I'm really feeling pretty good!! LOL

How is the air venting from your box? Are you using an inline through a carbon filter? Are the fans on 24/7? They probably should be.

Don't worry about the trimming, if anything you did those girls a favor getting the pm out.

I suggest that if you are going to take her out, just put her under 1, 13 watt cfl on 24/0 in a place where the sun can also hit her and stop the nutes, water her every other day and with the cfl on 24/0, you will stop the bud cycle right now and she will veg until may-june when you have room to go again.

You could also take clones from her and prep round 2

If you take a plant out of there, spray the shit out of it with the pm products. I can't remember the SNS product number.

Back
Top Bottom