Stealth - Soil - HID - Smart Pot - SCROG - GDP - First Grow

Re: Stealth, Soil, HID, Smart Pot, SCROG, GDP - First Grow

Looking real good GF, notice any purple yet?! May want to look into Purple Maxx from Humbold County (same maker of Snow Storm Ultra) to help maximize the coloring (if you care). Coloring isn't a real big deal other than looks but if I was growing a purp strain I'd probably pick some up just for the fun of it.

Glad to hear the PM is under control, that is some scary stuff. Looking like it should be a strong finish, these next few weeks should be really exciting. Looking great for a first grow man. :goodjob:

:peace:

Looking real good GF, notice any purple yet?! May want to look into Purple Maxx from Humbold County (same maker of Snow Storm Ultra) to help maximize the coloring (if you care). Coloring isn't a real big deal other than looks but if I was growing a purp strain I'd probably pick some up just for the fun of it.

Glad to hear the PM is under control, that is some scary stuff. Looking like it should be a strong finish, these next few weeks should be really exciting. Looking great for a first grow man. :goodjob:

:peace:

Thanks bro! I appreciate you stopping by...you would know what a great grow looks like.. :)

Day 70 - Flowering Day 23

Boy it's getting frosty in the box..I know I started off the last update with the same verbiage but geez...the temperature goes down 20 degrees when I open the box!! (j/k)

I thought I'd give Jessica a little love pics wise. I bent her around the rim some more and trimmed off some crappy looking leaves then gave her some food.

She's going through the water right now. I'm watering her every other day now...really bulking up. She needs too...

Pics!!

Day_70_-_1.jpg
Day_70_-_2.jpg
Day_70_-_3.jpg
Day_70_-_4.jpg
Day_70_-_5.jpg
Day_70_-_6.jpg
Day_70_-_8.jpg

That's the update. Your comments are always welcome!!

:Namaste:

I just had a wacky thing happen....

I bought a oscillating fan to combat the pm problem. It's got two speeds, slow and slower....:)

The buttons are on the front of the fan. They are backlit in blue light.

I just opened my box, while enjoying a small hit off the vape, and noticed that the blue light was illuminating the interior of the box!!

It doesn't appear to have hurt me but I put a piece of tape over it immediately.

Who knows, I could have harvested by now if not for that damn light!!

:)

Hey GF24, IMHO a little blue light should not affect the ladies, if outside how would you block the moon. :tokin:

Hey GF24, IMHO a little blue light should not affect the ladies, if outside how would you block the moon. :tokin:

Right...I wasn't concerned about it at all just thought it was strange I didn't pick it up before...

Off to water!!

lookin good, yea i would just hold off on choppin her up, she looks like she still has alot of time left, or like they said trim her up and just shove her in there.. i dont know,, :tokin:

how much does this safer stuff cost?? and does it take care of everything?? or do i gotta get somethin seperate for the pest??, i dont have any of these problems but i just wanna buy it to be safe u know...

lookin good, yea i would just hold off on choppin her up, she looks like she still has alot of time left, or like they said trim her up and just shove her in there.. i dont know,, :tokin:

She will definitely be flowering for longer than the gdp will be flowering so if I keep her I'll have to chop the others before I chop her.

Looking so good my man, I'm proud of ya!

Soon...it wil be time to...
:roorrip::party::party::roorrip:

It will be fun harvesting this grow. I'm looking way forward to it!!

how much does this safer stuff cost?? and does it take care of everything?? or do i gotta get somethin seperate for the pest??, i dont have any of these problems but i just wanna buy it to be safe u know...

I think it was like $10 and it only really takes care of pm and some other minor stuff. For mites and thrips you'll need something else...I use sns 217 I think for mites. Haven't had mites but if I did, that's what I'd use.

Day 71 - Flowering Day 24

I took the girls out for watering today, just ph'd water no nutes today. Jessica got fed yesterday so she didn't need anything but a little bending.

The buds are looking so frosty and my rh is somewhat under control. I've been able to keep it below 70% which I consider a victory considering our weather here recently.

I've got a little deficiency but I don't know what to do about it. I'm ph'ing everything and giving the nutes by the book yet I still have something going on.

It's not a big deal and doesn't appear to be getting worse but would like to know how to not have an issue like this.

Pics!!

Day_71_-_1.jpg
Day_71_-_3.jpg
Day_71_-_4.jpg
Day_71_-_6.jpg
Day_71_-_7.jpg
Day_71_-_8.jpg

Lots of frosty bud sites...totally won't be long now for the gdp. Can't wait to sample that I'll tell you...:tokin:

Hey GF24, IMHO every thing looks normal for the age of the girls, yellowing of the fan leaves is just showing the changes that were made in your nutes when you went into flowering mode. Keep up the great job. :tokin:

Hey GF24, IMHO every thing looks normal for the age of the girls, yellowing of the fan leaves is just showing the changes that were made in your nutes when you went into flowering mode. Keep up the great job. :tokin:

That could be true. I did flush them pretty well before putting in the flowering nutes...good call!! Nitro deficiency..THAT makes sense!

Thanks bro!!

yea i cant wait for my next grow to use this stuff from the start, im gonna do so many things different, its crazy how much stuff u can learn about one plant, but yours are lookin frosty as shit, i bet they are gonna be mighty tastey.. sooner then you know it they'll be done and you'll be smokin like crazy!!!! its also good to see somebody else using the same exact thing, that way u have somebody to compare with!!! :tokin:

yea i cant wait for my next grow to use this stuff from the start, im gonna do so many things different, its crazy how much stuff u can learn about one plant, but yours are lookin frosty as shit, i bet they are gonna be mighty tastey.. sooner then you know it they'll be done and you'll be smokin like crazy!!!! its also good to see somebody else using the same exact thing, that way u have somebody to compare with!!! :tokin:

What I've noticed is that they are like beginners nutes. I don't think they are as strong as say AN would be or Fox Farms would be. I didn't follow the directions and would water, feed, water the entire grow and never had a burn issue.

Yeah I hope the meds will be quality. In the end, that's all that matters to me.

Your plants look great man...big ol thick buds..sweet!

I seem to forget once or twice a grow and leave the light on for 24 hours because I forget to reset the timer to auto. It seems to be fine but always pisses me off.

Yeah...I screwed up my timer in the first part of this grow...fucking timers can be tough to figure out.

Day 72 - Flowering Day 25

Well....we're on cruise control and the highway is getting frosty!

I had an issue with ventilation in that the fan speed controller was adding too much resistance to the fans and they weren't operating at the maximum capacity.

I contacted my supplier...coolerguys dot com....and they sent me a straight line connection to the power supply which removed most of the resistance and now I have negative pressure again in my box which will cut down on odor. Hopefully, that will keep the wife off my back..gawd bless her!!

I watered Jess this morning and fed. She is on an every other day schedule. Dorothy and Baby will probably be on an every two day schedule which is keeping them happy. Don't want to water too much and risk gnats...

I need to change the thermal controller now and the power supply for that. Will probably get to that next week.

I'm having problems with my Oakton PH 2 ph tester. It may be bad batteries or bad buffer. Does buffer go bad? It's reading the 7.0 at 8.5 and won't come down when calibrating. I'm going to call them today to inquire.

In the meantime, I'm using the manual ph tester and honestly I trust it more than the digital ph...especially now that I've seen the range of colors that change with up and down.

Pics!!

Day_72_-_6.jpg
Day_72_-_7.jpg
Day_72_-_5.jpg
Day_72_-_2.jpg
Day_72_-_3.jpg
Day_72_-_4.jpg
Day_72_-_1.jpg

Comments? Questions? I'm all ears!!

Hey! Jess has got her pom poms :cheer:

Girls are packing it on :high-five:

How big is that bud in the third pic? It looks HUGE.

:bravo:

Hey! Jess has got her pom poms :cheer:

Girls are packing it on :high-five:

How big is that bud in the third pic? It looks HUGE.

:bravo:

It's about 4" and about 2 to 3" around. Looks bigger in the pic. They are stretching again I noticed today. Maybe they didn't stop before. I think the trimming definitely slowed them down but they're taking off now. I need to stick something up next to them for comparison..

I forgot to mention that I sprayed last night at lights off. They were drenched with that fungicide that I purchased. Drove the humidity up in the box overnight to just under 80%.

My birthday is next week and I'm going to be getting some Amazon gift certs. I'll be buying a petite dehumidifier...a no bullshit model...for the last month of flower.

The GDP..baby and dorothy...will be done about May 1 but the Purple Trash...Jess...will be a little longer I think. I don't think I'm going to pull her...those nugs are looking too frosty and I don't have the heart to do it before she's done.

Hey GF24, Your calibration buffer should have an expiration date and as long as you keep it clean it will keep it's calibration. I love the look of the frosting covering the sugar leaves, so tempting.

Back
Top Bottom