Stealth - Soil - HID - Smart Pot - SCROG - GDP - First Grow

Re: Stealth, Soil, HID, Smart Pot, SCROG, GDP - First Grow

Ya think?? Is that what does it??

:Namaste:

I was half joking but I wouldn't suggest doing that for real. When I first got my clones I noticed some purple stripes in the stems and when I was looking up what caused it, came across a bunch of posts all over the internet about leaves turning colors (purple) when plants were exposed to cold temps. There are many factors for the coloring but I am sure the gurus here can explain better than I can.

I do remember reading about a guy who shortened his light cycle to 10/14 a few weeks before harvest to mimic the shorter days of fall. It triggered the phytochromes (spell check please) to slow down the Chlorophyll production and caused the leaves to change...Now this could be waaaay off, but it sounded good enough to remember, hey.. I'm NEW.

I was half joking but I wouldn't suggest doing that for real. When I first got my clones I noticed some purple stripes in the stems and when I was looking up what caused it, came across a bunch of posts all over the internet about leaves turning colors (purple) when plants were exposed to cold temps. There are many factors for the coloring but I am sure the gurus here can explain better than I can.

I do remember reading about a guy who shortened his light cycle to 10/14 a few weeks before harvest to mimic the shorter days of fall. It triggered the phytochromes (spell check please) to slow down the Chlorophyll production and caused the leaves to change...Now this could be waaaay off, but it sounded good enough to remember, hey.. I'm NEW.

I seem to remember something similar to that too as far as the temps are concerned.

The light thing seems like it might stress the plant if it isn't done gradually. I'd hate to hermie this late into flower.

Lowering temps at night to the 50's can trigger the purple effect. I suspect that primarily most of the purp on the market isn't actual purp, just weed that has had the colder temps. Most of the Humboldt products turn purple when they are grown outside because of the cool morning weather...

Purpleing is also indicative of P (def) in the plant...

(ASSUMPTION NOT FACT)= I think the purpleing in cold weather might have something to do with P uptake also.... not confirmed just a thought... cold inhibits growth... could be uptake of Phosphorus also????? going to check...

I know for a fact that the later you leave the plant the more colors you get. I have this old girl I have been abusing and multi-harvesting and she is turning purple now... its the weather and the way I treat her... lol.

i've heard the same lowering the temps at night turns it purple, they also have sprays that also make it change to purple.. but i wouldn't mess with what u have, they already look damn good, no sense in messin with anything now...:tokin:

i've heard the same lowering the temps at night turns it purple, they also have sprays that also make it change to purple.. but i wouldn't mess with what u have, they already look damn good, no sense in messin with anything now...:tokin:

Good point bro, thanks!

if you put me in 40 degree weather overnight I'll turn purple!:)

HA! Me too!! :)

I got these up on my journal but wanted to share this pic with you GF...

DSCF1077_2_.JPG

That falls under the "Bugs you can eat, they are so big, category."

I got these up on my journal but wanted to share this pic with you GF...

DSCF1077_2_.JPG

That falls under the "Bugs you can eat, they are so big, category."

Uhhhh...I think that falls into the "Bugs that can eat you" category! :thedoubletake:

HA! Thanks for posting that...

That is a friggin prehistoric dragonfly!! I agree with Dime...bugs that can eat you and your plant!!

Day 76 - Flowering Day 29

Quick update...I don't know if I'm seeing things or not but the girls look bigger and thicker this morning.

The buds sites seem to be filling out nicely...you tell me..am I seeing things?? :rollingeyes:

After the flush and light nutes yesterday, things look awesome Behind the Green Door!!

The rh was between 40 and 71 yesterday even though I flushed. I'll strengthen up the nutes over the next week.

I'd LOVE to see these buds get really thick...Jessica seems to have gotten much thicker in the last 2 days...

Pics!

Day_76_-_4.jpg
Day_76_-_3.jpg
Day_76_-_2.jpg

Jessica's got buds like this all over. I still think she's going to go longer than the gdp but...who cares.

Day_76_-_1.jpg

The weather is supposed to turn warm over the next few days..I've got plenty of ventilation and this will be an interesting test for the box. I hope I can keep the temps in control during this warm few days..

I know you don't see it the same way we do since you look at them each day, but uh yeah...they are getting BIG!

:party:

hell yea they look like they are gettin way bigger, look good man keep up the goodness...:bravo:

I know you don't see it the same way we do since you look at them each day, but uh yeah...they are getting BIG!

They aren't big, big yet but they are getting fatter than they were just days ago..I have a feeling, if all things stay the same, that this will be some pretty good herb...

It will be the first really successful grow I've ever had. I've grown "weed" outdoors when I was younger but it never looked like this!

wow sir!!! things are getting really fun for you now huh! how are the ladies smellin?

They are definitely more pungent than they have been but nothing that I can't control with carbon filters and an ona bucket....

They are looking way tasty!!

Here's to the finish line!! :)

They aren't big, big yet but they are getting fatter than they were just days ago..I have a feeling, if all things stay the same, that this will be some pretty good herb...

It will be the first really successful grow I've ever had. I've grown "weed" outdoors when I was younger but it never looked like this!

Sweet! Pretty exciting when you finish harvesting and drying and you have a whole shelf of glass jars filled up with bud that you harvested yourself. Kinda gives a guy permagrin... :)

:yummy:

Back
Top Bottom