Stealth - Soil - HID - Smart Pot - SCROG - GDP - First Grow

Re: Stealth, Soil, HID, Smart Pot, SCROG, GDP - First Grow

day 78 - Flowering Day 31

I modified my box exhausts today. Everything now has a filter and ona bucket or a duct line to an ona bucket.

I walked into the garage after being out for a bit and smelled nothing but ona in the garage. The plants were out of the box draining from the watering they got today, stinking up the garage and there wasn't a hint of a scent to me.

I'll check with the wife when she gets home. :)

The girls look great. Very smelly and lots of trichomes. I took a peek under the microscope today and could've sworn I saw some cloudy ones, which would suck this early, but then looked some more and saw very clear trichomes.

The girls were watered with full nutes today. Will go ph'd water only on the next watering on Saturday or Sunday.

Pics!

Day_78_-_4.jpg
Day_78_-_5.jpg
Day_78_-_3.jpg
Day_78_-_2.jpg
Day_78_-_1.jpg

Nice looking plants...and I feel the box is finally setup the way it should be. I hope it works!!

:Namaste:

I'll check with the wife when she gets home. :)

I feel the box is finally setup the way it should be. I hope it works!!

:rofl::biglaugh: Wifes do come in handy once in a while huh? :rofl::biglaugh:

On a more serious note, I'm glad you have everything with your box figured out dude. :bravo:

just get the natural magic and try it the brushed cotton kind, my intake is 2 little fans that are connected side by side, i got it out of an xbox, it pulls the smell from the NM into the cab and it kills the smell and also blows the smell into my room so if i go out for alittle while and when i come back into the room all can smell is a real strong dryer sheet smell, and no plant smell at all...like i said it only cost $4 for alittle container...dont hurt to try it... i was gonna buy the ona stuff but i was like this is cheaper let me just try it, one of the best purchases i have made, they also have a vanilla kind dont buy that kind cause it dont work for shit, just the brushed cotton... :tokin:

I just stuck my arm in my box to turn down the intake fan and when I pulled my arm out it smelled like the dankest shit I've ever smelled before..no wonder the house stinks..

I've got to figure this smell thing out. I'm going to be running a 50 gallon ona bucket here if I don't!! Suka also had another suggestion I might try too.

Box mods!!

A suggestion, maybe this grow or maybe the next....
Only have passive air intake so everything goes through the filter.
Filter the passive intake to keep out bugs and stuff, and make it at least 4X the size of the fan exhaust.
I'm using a Phresh filter and Vortex fan. Oversize your filter and duct to reduce air noise and enhance airflow. Remember the rule of the area of a circle; double the duct diameter and that will quadruple the area. That means nice and quiet :) 4 inch fan use 6 duct minimum, better 8 inch.
Vent out through the roof with an oversize roof jack that has a backdraft damper.
There is good info available from standard HVAC type sources regarding airflow.
I offer this because I can predict you will use this summer to enlarge a little and address your issues.
peace,
OldGardener

A suggestion, maybe this grow or maybe the next....
Only have passive air intake so everything goes through the filter.
Filter the passive intake to keep out bugs and stuff, and make it at least 4X the size of the fan exhaust.
I'm using a Phresh filter and Vortex fan. Oversize your filter and duct to reduce air noise and enhance airflow. Remember the rule of the area of a circle; double the duct diameter and that will quadruple the area. That means nice and quiet :) 4 inch fan use 6 duct minimum, better 8 inch.
Vent out through the roof with an oversize roof jack that has a backdraft damper.
There is good info available from standard HVAC type sources regarding airflow.
I offer this because I can predict you will use this summer to enlarge a little and address your issues.
peace,
OldGardener

Great advice..thanks! Based on what I'm seeing right now, I've corrected my odor issue. My box got to 85 today, very warm for me, and there wasn't a smell at all...

You're right...I probably won't enlarge much..just the floor space a little but there will be box mods this summer...

Good to hear that you got it covered. That is important.

I like Ono block in the exhaust tube of my cab. It gets carbon filtered air blowing on it. That distributes to a wide outdoor area to cover the smell. Then I put one in the Garage with a fan. I avoid putting it in there with them. But once I a while I have been known to stick a giant piece I cut off on a glass plate right on the top of my light.n there.

I consider Ono smell a last resort. Like in the pinch, you break it out, cause shit got real, fast. Now that your thing is fixed find a way to cut the smell of everything. I suggest you get a thirty foot air ducting 4 inch expandable connect that to the exhaust and push the exhaust out into the back yard with a small piece of ona in the end of the tube.
Sometimes the only thing to do is run the thirty feet vertical or if inside, into the fireplace or bath vents. The best thing in the world is the whole house fan.

Anyways you got a good thing going. Have a good one.

Great news on the smell issue, GiantsFan. Glad it's working better now for you. Buds are getting frosty!! :yummy:

Just got my hands on three GDP clones in Dixie cups from my local dispensary. Did the usual treatment. Took them home, sprayed them and dipped in miticide and then AZAMAX rroot drench. Then I transplanted to a 3 gallon Smart Pot with a bottom layer of Light Warrior, a layer of Ocean Forrest, layer of Light Warrior, etc,. Pack it down and got it under a T5 with the xplant date on it : ). Right next to my purple urkle mother plant and my lemon diesel mother. If its a good pheno i might have room for a 3rd mother but its a tough standard. That spot is already probably going to my OG or Chem. I'm thinking about making this crazy strain of crosiing urkle with lemon skunk or lemon diesel and making a purple lemon diesel...

Good to hear that you got it covered. That is important.

I like Ono block in the exhaust tube of my cab. It gets carbon filtered air blowing on it. That distributes to a wide outdoor area to cover the smell. Then I put one in the Garage with a fan. I avoid putting it in there with them. But once I a while I have been known to stick a giant piece I cut off on a glass plate right on the top of my light.n there.

I consider Ono smell a last resort. Like in the pinch, you break it out, cause shit got real, fast. Now that your thing is fixed find a way to cut the smell of everything. I suggest you get a thirty foot air ducting 4 inch expandable connect that to the exhaust and push the exhaust out into the back yard with a small piece of ona in the end of the tube.
Sometimes the only thing to do is run the thirty feet vertical or if inside, into the fireplace or bath vents. The best thing in the world is the whole house fan.

Anyways you got a good thing going. Have a good one.

Good tips here. I just stuck my nose in the garage and didn't smell the buds for sure but did smell a slight ona smell.

The light exhaust doesn't have a carbon filter attached to it but is now routed to an ona bucket.

I don't have the option right now of routing anything outside or into the attic but soon.... :):)

Great news on the smell issue, GiantsFan. Glad it's working better now for you. Buds are getting frosty!! :yummy:

They are looking tasty...totally beat my expectations!

Holy shit man! Good fuckin job! those plants look absolutely outstanding! So shiny. That snowstorm from tahoe hit you as well i see :D:D

There is frost on the pumpkin for sure!! :)

Just got my hands on three GDP clones in Dixie cups from my local dispensary. Did the usual treatment. Took them home, sprayed them and dipped in miticide and then AZAMAX rroot drench. Then I transplanted to a 3 gallon Smart Pot with a bottom layer of Light Warrior, a layer of Ocean Forrest, layer of Light Warrior, etc,. Pack it down and got it under a T5 with the xplant date on it : ). Right next to my purple urkle mother plant and my lemon diesel mother. If its a good pheno i might have room for a 3rd mother but its a tough standard. That spot is already probably going to my OG or Chem. I'm thinking about making this crazy strain of crosiing urkle with lemon skunk or lemon diesel and making a purple lemon diesel...

Sweet dude...do you have trouble with different strains in the same box finishing at different times or do you just pull them all when they're close?

The good news is that my wife stuck her nose in the garage and said she smelled the ona but no buds!!

That was the goal! We'll see how that goes as we get closer to harvest...

Hey GF. What are your goas with this box? Another grow to follow? Or just see how this one goes and play it by ear? Good to see that your box is working out that well. I cant stop lookinga t them pictures!

Well, this grow was just supposed to be a hobby...fun thing to do. I don't have many hobbies per se so after prop. 19 failed, I got pissed, got a prescription and decided to grow..something I've always wanted to do.

Honestly, I haven't smoked much in the past 10 years or so.

I think I'll finish this grow, make some box mods then grow again in the fall/winter.

I don't know that I'll go for multiple grows...maybe just one next "season" but we'll see.

I'm surprised how well this has gone. The girls look really good!

Good news on the ph meter....the person I ordered the Oakton Ph 2 tester is sending me a new one free. Don't even have to send the old one back..

Good news!

Good news on the ph meter....the person I ordered the Oakton Ph 2 tester is sending me a new one free. Don't even have to send the old one back..

Good news!

Cool - my Oakton has been really good to me. I bought it when I started 2 years ago, and I use it all the time. Had a little hiccup recently with bad PH buffer that threw everything off - but the new buffer solution seems to have fixed it up fine.

Cool - my Oakton has been really good to me. I bought it when I started 2 years ago, and I use it all the time. Had a little hiccup recently with bad PH buffer that threw everything off - but the new buffer solution seems to have fixed it up fine.

I did that too...got rid of all of my buffer, replaced the batteries and the stored in 4.0 for overnight...

It's nice they are replacing it...awesome!

Hey GF your plants are looking wonderful. :)

Those last shots are only day 31 flowering?? Did you start the count after the 12/12 flip or when buds formed? Looks like you only have few more weeks left to me, if even that..

:peace:

Thanks buddy!! :)

I started the count when I flipped. Gawd I would hope they would fatten up from where they are now before harvest..

I had pre flowers way early...does that mean anything?

The tri's were very clear when I checked them this week. They are supposed to take 8 to 9 weeks to finish...

Thanks buddy!! :)

I started the count when I flipped. Gawd I would hope they would fatten up from where they are now before harvest..

I had pre flowers way early...does that mean anything?

The tri's were very clear when I checked them this week. They are supposed to take 8 to 9 weeks to finish...

They look pretty fat to me! But as you experienced on my journal, pics can be deceiving. :grinjoint:

Just keep an eye out on those trichs (like you are), I was under prepared on my first grow when my Larry's finished early...didn't give me enough time to flush and the quality of smoke suffered because of it.

Not sure about the early preflower question.

Back
Top Bottom