Stem drink

Inasad

Someone told me that if you put all of your stems in a jar and fill it with everclear (grain alcohol, 95%), and let it sit and evaporate untill its 3/4s full that you get really messed up off of just a few drops. Have any of you heard that?

. . . but you will get drunk if you have enough of those drops

I agree with Moose and DaMagoMan. It would be nothing more then very weak Green Dragon. With THC levels so low, you would probably be getting more of an effect from the alcohol then the small amount of THC on the stems.

I am an expirienced self-proclaimed master of the Dragon. The stuff I make is basically a sleeping potion. The key is using the freezer. ;)

Do tell?
steep/store in the freezer?

Seems the trichromes would melt/bond faster at high temp.

Like bubblehash, cold temperatures are very effective at seperating the intact trichomes from the plant material. Simply store the elixir in the freezer once you make it. It reaches optimal potency very quickly this way, I would guess about a week. At that point you could strain out the plant material or leave it in, you could also move it to the fridge. I personally leave the plant material in and strain before drinking. 100 proof alcohol obviously won't freeze either.

Heat would be equally applicable as well as being faster, but high proof alcohol and fire are not a good mix. Also, when using heat there is a fine line between simply extracting the THC from the plant material and degrading the THC by overheating which is easy to do. I find using extreme cold is far easier and more exact for this method.

Like bubblehash, cold temperatures are very effective at seperating the intact trichomes from the plant material. Simply store the elixir in the freezer once you make it. It reaches optimal potency very quickly this way, I would guess about a week. At that point you could strain out the plant material or leave it in, you could also move it to the fridge. I personally leave the plant material in and strain before drinking. 100 proof alcohol obviously won't freeze either.

Heat would be equally applicable as well as being faster, but high proof alcohol and fire are not a good mix. Also, when using heat there is a fine line between simply extracting the THC from the plant material and degrading the THC by overheating which is easy to do. I find using extreme cold is far easier and more exact for this method.

I apologize for not making an intro post or anything before blasting the members with questions, but I just found this site via google and figured I'd jump in the conversation.

I'm planning on making some Green Dragon (first time).
The freezer method sounds good. Everything sounds easy. My only question now is regarding the alcohol to bud/stem ratio?

At the moment I've got around a quarter ounce of stems/trim leaves. Some of it is crystal-coated and some is from shitty low-grade bud.

Also I've got around a quad of bud layin' around.
How much bud do you use with your concoction Roorman?
I don't want to waste any delicious ingredients (especially being a stoner that has a strong bias towards smoking it )
How much Green Dragon could I make with 7g of bud and another quad of stem/leaves?

Also the alcohol type. I live in Canada, so I can't buy everclear or anything of the like...Just 80 proof stuff, and I can get 151 as well (but my local store doesn't carry it) so I'm kind of SOL on that.
How would whisky go in the mix? Will 80 proof suffice? Or is it a waste to make it with this?

Thank you for the help!

you would also have to activate the thc to get any effect

boil a pot of stems and branches fpr 30 min thd drink the water is gonna get you buzed foe sho

Back
Top Bottom