Stem Help quickly please!

Watchmeridemoto

Hey, I have several plants going in my closet right now, they are growing well except for one thing...after a while most of them want to just plop over because the stems are so weak and cannot hold the tops up... what do i do? This is ruining my investment and I need help!!!

Well, all I can think of is.. do you have a fan blowing on them? Have you been giving them a lot of light lately? Heat makes plants weak. Once mine was so bad it couldnt stand on its own. I used string to keep it standing up, then I gave it lots of dark hours to regain its water. The fan helps keep the temperature constant, makes the air vent.. and circulate. I've been having trouble because I skimped on the lights.ought cheap plant lights.. lol.. mistake.) These lights give off too much heat, so I put them further away. I hold my hand under it for 5 minutes to make sure the heat isnt too extreme for them.. if this isn't the case, you could be watering them too much and they can't breathe, so they start dying. If not that.. well that's a subject I don't know about yet. You could look at overgrow.com. They are pretty good on touching most subjects of which problems you could run into.

I am def. not overwatering them. I recently started fanning them yesterday, so i'm hoping the will help. I think the heat was my problem.. I did not know heat made plants weak... I had the bulb about 5 inches away so i think they were getting too hot, plus some were starting to grow sideways. I hope it's not too late for the fan to work.

well, what I did to correct the problem was, I watered them then gave them 24 hours dark time to regroup their moisture. Mine are standing proud and tall now. And of course I raised the bulbs, and I keep checking periodically that it isnt too hot for them. And yes, the fan will help. Good luck and I hope you have done this in time.

Back
Top Bottom