SugarX's 1st Grow - 3 x White Widow Auto - 1 x AK47 - 600W LED - Soil

SugarX

Thanks for checking out my first grow! After lots of research and time spent studying many of the best indoor growers on here I finally decided to give it a go.

Here's a breakdown of my setup and strains in this grow:

3 x 420 White Widow Autos - Planted Sept 1st still waiting for them to pop.
1 x 420 AK47 Fem - Planted outdoors Aug 22nd,sprouted Aug 25th.

All 4 girls are planted in FF Ocean Forrest and watering will be tap water rested for 24 hours to remove chlorine and PH'd to 6.3.

Feeding will Fox Farms Big 3, diluted a bit and per their included schedule.

Grow tent size is 2x4x5 with 4" forced air exhaust & filter, 7" fan for movement, and passive vent intake.

Current temps are 70'-82' (Night/Day)
Current Humidity is 48%-64%

Lighting is VIPARSPECTRA 600WLED hung at 20" above pots, current light cycle is 18/6 to support Auto and Photo Plants.

I am waiting for the auto's to germinate but would love any input on my setup and current condition of the AK47. Thanks again for following along and I look forward to the feedback! :thumb:

IMG_272815.jpg

2x4x5 Tent Setup
IMG_274115.jpg

Closeup
IMG_273818.jpg

420 AK47 Fem Day 10

I will be posting updates every 4-5 days, Happy Growing!

Here's info on the seeds for those that are interested:

420 White Widow Auto
Plant type Feminized Autoflower
Sativa or Indica 40% - 60% Indica dominant
THC Level High at 18%
CBD (Medical) Medium
Height Compact (50/60 cm - 20"/24")
Yield Low (±120 gr/m² - ±4 oz/3ft²)
Flowering period Average (56 days)

420 AK47 Fem
Plant type Feminized
Sativa or Indica 35% - 65% Sativa dominant
THC Level Very high at 20%
CBD (Medical) Medium
Height Compact (50/80 cm - 19"/32")
Yield High (±500gr/m² - ±18 oz/3ft²)
Flowering period Average (64 days)

Also, I'll be topping all 4 plants using methods i've learn from Beast27 :high-five:

Happy Growing!

Count me in.great looking setup.ur off to a good start .and following my methods respect mate;) u should do very well indeed.il be here to help anytime wish u the best of luck;) great to see more growers topping autos.quality;)

Weekend update! I checked the tent this morning to find all 3 Autos starting to crack the surface! :surf: This means I'm shifting the light cycle to 20/4 to give them a little extra boost and hopefully catch their big sister. Its Day 11 for the AK seedling and I feel she's off to a slow start, with what Beast mentioned above about topping at 14-18 days I feel she's got some serious growing to do in the next 3-4 days if that's going to happen. It's probably just me being impatient (or the LED's are keeping her short).

IMG_275118.jpg

The start of new life!

Until next time, Happy Growing! :Namaste:

SugarX's 1st Grow - 3 x White Widow Auto/ 1x AK47 - 600W LED - Soil

After watching the RH the past few days I've noticed it's staying below 40% most of the time. Any suggestions besides leaving a bucket of water in the tent? Now that the seeds have started to pop I'm no longer spraying the soil which helped bump that RH. Any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Labor Day Update! I have some good news and some bad news... The bad news is I came home to find my tent well over 90' this afternoon.:hmmmm: Fearing the worst I immediately pulled the pots out of the tent and placed them by a window for the rest of the evening. I was really concerned that I might lose a few of the sprouts due to prolong heat stress but these things really are tough as nails. Which brings me to the good news! After only a few hours of indirect sunlight and a cool 76' outside of the attic, 2 of the 3 autos shed their shells and said hello! I couldn't believe what I was seeing and am now convinced that a portable A/C purchase is inevitable. I guess we really will do anything for our girls. The plan now is to bring the girls outside the tent first thing in the morning right after they finish their dark cycle and leave them by that window for the next few days until the A/C arrives. Once I have it setup and sure the tent is once again able to maintain cooler temps during the day, I will leave them back in there per the norm. I'm sure the heat is going to stress them and delay their veg by a few days but the fact they survived is all that matters at this point. Also, it is Day 12 for the solo AK plant who is showing small signs of heat stress I would imagine. She was water a few days ago and the soil is still moist below the surface so I'll hold off for another day unless someone thinks I should water her?

IMG_277613.jpg

Day01 WWAuto 1 of 3
IMG_277113.jpg

Day12 AK47 Possible Heat Stress?

Thanks for following along and I enjoy feedback so fire away! Happy Growing :Namaste:

Hey SugarX, good recovery with the heat issue!
What was your room temperature when the tent hit the 90's? If the room was cooler then running your exhaust fan faster should have kept the tent cooler. IMO running an a/c unit to control the heat will pull your humidity down as well. If you have a variable speed fan try adjusting that and letting more cooler room air in before running an air conditioner.
I've got the same low humidity problem, it likes staying in the low 40's inside the tent. I've been able to increase my humidity by spraying my plants making sure I get a little water on all of the soil in the pot to increase the evaporation from the lights. I also like the idea of spraying nutes on the foliage.
I also have a couple small containers of water sitting inside my tent and I put washcloths in the water and hung them over the sides of the containers to increase the amount of wet surface. I'm able to get my humidity up to the low 50's with those changes. When I run my house a/c the humidity in the tent drops a bit.
Good luck with your grow, looking good from my angle. :goodjob:

Farmer, the tent is located in the attic which on a good day sits in the high 90's (97-98). Due to my current living situation there is no other alternative location to place the tent so I'm afraid the A/C arriving tomorrow is my only option. The exhaust fan is set to High and there is a 7" fan that pushes air at the canopy level. Do you or anyone else foresee me having further issues once the A/C is in place? I will need to up the humidity via h00k's recommendation.

A quick update, the girls spent the day outside of the tent in indirect sunlight for about 10 hours today and the 3 Auto's have quickly started stretching their legs. :cheesygrinsmiley:

If you apply AC directly to your tent...you will definitely lower RH...adding it to the room will have less impact...price to pay for lower temps...you may be able to control with passive methods...in my neck of the woods it's the contrary...just keep an eye on your gauge...plants are very forgiving during veg for the most part...best of luck SX...cheerz...h00k...

Back
Top Bottom