White Widow, AK47, Strawberry Cough clones- first time grower

Roarmary

September 9th, 2008

First time grower here :hmmmm: figured it was about time to start growing my own medication

I got these clones about 10 days ago and these pics are of my initial setup.
After 3 days of having them the strawberry cough clone wilted almost in half. However for the past few days it has seemingly recovered. To my misunderstanding as soon as I got them I cut as much of the cube off from the roots of the strawberry cough and white window clones and then planted the roots almost directly into soil. I realized thanks to friends in the 420 magazine community that this was most likely why it wilted. The white widow has remained healthy and luckily I planted the entire AK47's cube into the soil :phew:

I am using Miracle Grow Garden Grow Flowers and Vegetable soil from Home Depot. The lighting is a simple Phillips 15 watt Plant and Aquarium 18 inch bulb.

I water them every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. Any suggestions on plant recipe's to mist them with? I heard you can get a tea formula from Home Depot and I've also heard that misting them with milk makes them crystallize more...? Should I get some worm castings?

I'm planning to replace my lighting system with some CFL lights and hang them flat above the plants.

Any advice is GREATLY appreciated, I'm only trying to do a basic set up.
Hope you enjoy the pics :hippy:

IMG_05131.jpg

First take of White widow

IMG_05112.jpg

First take of Strawberry cough

IMG_05102.jpg

First take of AK47

IMG_05081.jpg

Strawberry cough (left), AK47, White widow (top), clones

IMG_05071.jpg

First take of AK47 and White widow clones

miracle grow soil has time release frts in it....High amounts of Nitrogen are in these ferts. It makes adding nutes a pain...You CANT flush the time release ferts out....Its just better to have smething else, such as Fox farm Ocean Forest. Add a little perlite and dolomite lime in there as well.

Hi Roarmary, welcome to 420! I'm interested to watch your grow mainly because I have not seen a grow using "The lighting is a simple Phillips 15 watt Plant and Aquarium 18 inch bulb." I thought about getting a few of them to add to my cfls because I was curious if it would make any difference. Nice strains too. Good luck!
:peace: :ganjamon:

thanks for all the advice! i will keep you all updated

my next home depot run will consist of:
Fox farm Ocean Forest
perlite and dolomite lime
10? CFLs with lighting fixture

how many CFL's would you recommend for 3 plants for the entire grow? and how many watts?

Back
Top Bottom