Highly Impressive LED Bloom

Oh... gotcha. So if you're having good results, are they viewable on this forum? I prefer to see good publicity rather than hear it. This is no offense to you, but I hear a lot of people who think they are having "decent" or "good" results with LED grow lights they've purchased, but most of them are newbies to the extreme who don't know any better. Anyone I know who started with HID and has a couple years experience, who then switched to LED (aside from our light) has reported yields that weren't comparable to HID, and buds that are small and light.

So while I'd like to take your word for it that you're having good results, the only person who can make that assessment would be myself. If I see large, thick colas, lots of them, and something that's comparable to what the MFR rates their lights at, then great!

Either way, the true proof is coming up soon when Setting Sun does the PPF-800 from Haight vs our 126W Penetrator.

The link to my grow is in my sig, so you can check out where I'm at so far. Haven't harvested yet and still have two weeks to go, so I can't speak in terms of yield yet..

I may be new at this, but I think I know enough to say I'm having good results when my plants are sagging under the weight of buds that only cost about $15 in electricity from start to finish :)

my plants are sagging under the weight of buds:)
I'm down for looking at any heavily budded plant. You got a pic or are you talking about the one you already posted???

HGL you got a link to that Setting Sun grow? I wanna see all LED grows hahaha!!

The link to my grow is in my sig, so you can check out where I'm at so far. Haven't harvested yet and still have two weeks to go, so I can't speak in terms of yield yet..

I may be new at this, but I think I know enough to say I'm having good results when my plants are sagging under the weight of buds that only cost about $15 in electricity from start to finish :)

Congratulations on your first grow, I encourage you to keep learning on these forums, to implement new and better methods of growing to increase your overall yield in the future.

this is the kind of bud I grow under LED:

DSC02310E.jpg

DSC02316E.jpg

DSC02274E.jpg

Haha yeah maybe HGL is a little protective of whats posted on Her thread.

I'd have to say though hgl gets battered day in and out here, she shows people 1/2 pounds of plants grow with the penatrator and the say she grew them with HPS and swapped the light!

Then when other people post there smaller outcomes with comparable lights they get all kinds of praise!

It's really funny!!

Let me elaborate on what i mean by "good" results. Obviously as a beginner my yield will be lower than someone experienced and armed with tricks. So when I say "good," what I'm addressing are concerns people have had with LEDs previously. I'm talking about

the quality of the buds (they look stunning) and
the quantity of buds deep within the canopy (there are many),

since many people are concerned with how well they penetrate as well as their ability to flower effectively. This I can comment on without insecurity after having done just one grow with them.

So when I say "good," what I'm addressing are concerns people have had with LEDs previously. I'm talking about

the quality of the buds (they look stunning) and
the quantity of buds deep within the canopy (there are many),

since many people are concerned with how well they penetrate as well as their ability to flower effectively. This I can comment on without insecurity after having done just one grow with them.

The concerns people have with LED are:

1) It doesn't yield anywhere near the light it is rated as comparable to
2) Small Buds
3) Airy Buds
4) Being able to carry out flowering
5) Penetration

HydroGrowLED-
hey your lights look good but i have some questions about them
I read that the 126W Penetrator has a "light output of nearly 5000 lumens" and my 400 MH HID puts out 38000 lumens and my 400 HPS 55000 lumens. I have always been under the impression that lumens are the key to quality and yield.
Do these LED lights work in a different way than the HID's? how many lumens are you throwing at your plants to grow them so big?
Im asking about the 126W Penetrator because it is in my price range.

HydroGrowLED-
hey your lights look good but i have some questions about them
I read that the 126W Penetrator has a "light output of nearly 5000 lumens" and my 400 MH HID puts out 38000 lumens and my 400 HPS 55000 lumens. I have always been under the impression that lumens are the key to quality and yield.
Do these LED lights work in a different way than the HID's? how many lumens are you throwing at your plants to grow them so big?
Im asking about the 126W Penetrator because it is in my price range.

A HID emits a broad spectrum of light, therefore the lumen rating is very misleading as it only pertains to what we see. Our lights use the exact spectrum of light that plants require for photosynthesis, so every lumen we deliver is usable. HID's deliver about 10%-15% usable light, so even though your 400W MH puts out 38000 lumens, your plants only get roughly 3,800-5,000 lumens. So the amount of light we deliver with our 126W that is usable, is comparable to the usable light being emitted from the 400W HID.

The reason our plants grow larger and denser than those under other LED systems, is the fact that we provide the full spectral output that our plants use, at a much higher intensity (for example the Haight light used by the individual above uses 140 degree LED's, while we use 60). Photosynthesis is a mathematical equation...most companies only supply you with half of the equation...

The 126W does an excellent job throughout all stages of growth. You do not need any additional lighting to run the full cycle.

I'm going to apologize right now for every person who has give you, cammie, any amount of crap whatsoever. You can definetly pick up on your hint of attitude, but honestly, with plants like yours, you are easily being modest. You provide the science, which maybe beyond some...and the results, yet people still doubt and still ignore the numbers. But once everyone starts to post grows with your light, it'll be all over. LEDs are the future, and being able to produce WEIGHT is key for commercial growing. Small airy buds will get you high, but it won't work for large scale production, and honestly, 3-4 months from seed to harvest to cure, small airy buds won't last till next harvest. So yea, new led grows are better, but jsut becuase it works doesn't mean it's effective.

Cammie, do you have a watt/gram figure? I've followed alot of your post but I don't believe I've seen that number. Is that what your 126watt grow is for? Also, I read another guys post about scrog growing with LEDs, where the penetration isn't as important because of the training, how much more area coverage would u get with a 90degree viewing angle? Maybe with your newer lights with the 50% more lumens wider viewing angle for more coverage? 2x3 for 400=brutal. Regardless, props for kicking ass.

Back
Top Bottom