Hashy's Growing Adventures

Oooohhh sorry lol I misread, I'm gonna check it out. :surf: This method isn't the same as Bubble Buckets DWC (Deep Water Culture) with an airstone and a Bucket? Maybe I need to look into it a bit further, I'm always up for trying new things.

Yeah from fight club. I'm not some crazed FC fan, but he's a badass in that movie and there's some pretty cool film art around that I like. :popcorn:

Some pics I took just now when tending to the plants. That Kandy Kush is growin fast. I have the veg plants under 24/7 led lighting.

kkush2-1-07-10.jpg

Taking a leak: :grinjoint:

leak.jpg

Cant see em too well, but there's a ton o roots under the perlite.

roots30.jpg

Hey Hashy, I'm loving your journal and getting interested in the hempy buckets. I like growing organically and had considered going DWC but one of the problems with organic DWC is root rot since you cannot use H2O2 with organic. Are there any root issues with the organics and the hempy method?

Ey Hashy I'm with you on not really liking the DWC system - it is pretty easy and all but the roots hanging into the reservoir is obnoxious I hate changing the res... still it does work really well.

Hey 420 :smokin: Yeah changing the res and res fluctuation is what turned me off from it. Like you said though, I've seen lots of people with beautiful plants in Bubble Buckets..

Hey Hashy, I'm loving your journal and getting interested in the hempy buckets. I like growing organically and had considered going DWC but one of the problems with organic DWC is root rot since you cannot use H2O2 with organic. Are there any root issues with the organics and the hempy method?

Hey Slimm I'm not sure bud, I dont have any experience with hydro and organic nutrients. I read somewhere that people were having problems, but I also read a few couple journals awhile back and the guy's were doing fine with organic fox farm nutrients.. I never have root rot with my hempy's though.

Thanks for stoppin in and for the compliment. Good luck with your Hempy if you decide to give it a shot. :cool:

Hey I just read this from an experienced Hempy Grower.

if you plan on going organic with this with the fish poo... i'd recommend making teas before watering... organic nutes aren't *immediately*availible to plants like hyrdo nutes are... it takes a system of beneficial bacteria to convert the organic material into the raw N P K and micronutes that plants need...

if you do plan to do some organics... have a resevoir, an air pump and bubble stone, and bubble your nute tank for atleast 24 hours before applying to medium... fish poo stinks, so 1 tblsp of molasses really helps cut back on the smell... as well as providing micro nutes for your plants and carbs for that micro heard of bacteria i already mentioned, they eat the shit up and multiply.... so also look into mychorrizae innoculations.... some fulvic and humic acids are also important to increase the proficiency of the nutes you'll be using...
i just wanted to add to this... another reason you MUST bubble your water and WAIT atleast 24 hours before adding your organics to TAP water (disregard this if using RO water or anything that isn't chlorinated... i.e. rainwater) this will allow for enough of the chlorine to evaporate off...

otherwise the chlorine will kill those beneficial bacteria and thus make your organic feeding much less effective...

you must also stay away from H202... as it will def. kill off all the bene's as well...

Thanks fellas, appreciate ya's! I can hardly wait to smoke some of that purp cindy, I almost typed condy haha :grinjoint: I don't remember if I said, but that kandy kush was originally gonna be a mother, but I got anxious and decided to take two clones and flower the the mother. lol what can I say.. I want that thing to be big with buds all over it. Now! Gonna be a long 10 weeks once she finally starts budding. Kinda wish I wouldn't have put her in fox farm now. Oh well, at least I can use my flora nova in soil, whenever the time comes. I have a bunch of garden lime too, so I dont see her having any problems, so long as I don't get too stoned and forget to adjust the ph of a feeding.. Did that the other day... I was really mad at myself. :skeptical:

Thanks for stoppin in guys.. :ciao::joint:

Wow grow is looking awesome....doing some great things here.....Hempy rules!
I don't put any mind into the STAR program here.....cause there is a lot of jelouse kids that can't grow....and without reading journal will give you a poor vote...Instead i go by results and a persons journal and how person presents them selfs ......(is person helpful,friendly, informative?)
So my vote for your grow is Most Excellent! :passitleft:

Wow grow is looking awesome....doing some great things here.....Hempy rules!
I don't put any mind into the STAR program here.....cause there is a lot of jelouse kids that can't grow....and without reading journal will give you a poor vote...Instead i go by results and a persons journal and how person presents them selfs ......(is person helpful,friendly, informative?)
So my vote for your grow is Most Excellent! :passitleft:
Thanks for stoppin by Tunes :smokin: Gonna have this grow goin for awhile.. Everything is going good, except I have a few too many plants for my liking at the moment and also that calmag just cant get here fast enough. Any questions, tips or suggestions are always welcome. :passitleft:

Hey bro Purple Cindy (Mango pheno) what the other Pheno? Thanks Hashy! :passitleft:

I think only three, I know of grape, pineapple and mango. My big one doesn't have any hint of pineapple to it at all, just smells like a pile of mango's.. It's great. I have three different pheno's in the flower room now, I'm not sure what the other two will be, I'm guessing grape and pineapple. They are both in coco/perlite hempy's and the buds seem to be growing really slow compared to the big one. Planted 5 seeds and ended up with three females, I still have 11 seeds left and now two mothers. Ended up keeping one of the other clones as a mom too. I've already started topping and plan to do the bonsai thing with both pcindy mom's and the kandy mom as well.

Purple Cindy can get to be 18 - 20 feet tall in the right conditions.. I didn't veg that big one, it was 12/12'd from seed. I can only dream of a huge female like that. There's a lot of info on Purple Cindy out there, seem's to be gaining popularity.

Here's a bit more info on the strain, some guys I know say they get a pound or more from one plant..:

[FONT=verdana,geneva,arial]Purple Cindy is a very potent cross between Purple Oregon Thai and Cinderella 99. Purple Thai is a first generation land-race Chocolate Thai crossed once with a first generation land-race Highland Oaxaca Gold. Cinderella 99 or "C99" is a potent cross between Jack Herer and ShivaSkunk. Purple Cindy is a merging of these fine genetics. This unique cross has a wonderful fruity aroma reminiscent of a sweet pineapple/mango garden. The high is complex beginning with a strong psychedelic buzz that jettisons you to the stratosphere followed by a euphoric state of heightened creativity and finally an equally long state of peace & contentment. Great yielder for a sativa! Can develop purple hues in late flowering. Great strain for creative endeavours! A HIGHGRADE SEEDS exclusive.
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,geneva,arial]Mostly Sativa[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,geneva,arial]Indoor/Outdoor/Greenhouse
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,geneva,arial]Height: 4 ft (depending on veg time)
Flowering Time: 10 weeks
Yield: 2.5 to 3.5 oz per plant
[/FONT] (depending on veg time)

:passitleft:

Man, all this spliff passin and I'm baked. :grinjoint:

Back
Top Bottom