Suggestions on grow room set up

junmr2

hey finally got the pictures up .. here is my grow room set up .. any suggestion?

4394.jpg

3507.jpg

2593.jpg

1886.jpg

I would probly put something over that carpet, to protect it from any spillage of water or nutes. What are you using for ventilation? Other than that looks like you are off to a good start..

thanks rose .. i know i actually was gonna try to get the fans and the temp and humidity meter by the end of this week and also waiting on my 150 watts hps light.. and i actually did clean in there but i think i should also use sum thing to keep bugs away .. about the ventilation i was gonna use a couple of fans and if it still to hot, was gonna make a hole in the wall and put in a intake duct fan on the hps into the wall to dispose of heat.. would that mess up my walls? .. just curious... :thanks: everyone really appreciated it ..

ahh ok yea make sense .. how many plants could be done under a hps 150 watts and a couple for veg 50k - 65k cfl ?

i have 4 105 watts 2 for veg and 2 for flowering .. that plus a hps 150 watts should be enough to hold at least 2-3 plants .. is that correct?

i have 4 105 watts 2 for veg and 2 for flowering .. that plus a hps 150 watts should be enough to hold at least 2-3 plants .. is that correct?

mORE THAN ENOUGH.

Note on HIDs contributed by PurpDaddy:
When given the choice of only one light, most marijuana growers will choose an HPS, High Pressure Sodium grow light over MH, Metal Halide, because HPS lights are more efficient (larger harvest).
You can't use a standard high pressure sodium bulb in a metal halide fixture, but you can use a metal halide bulb in a high pressure sodium fixture of the same wattage.
There are special hps bulbs that can be used in a mh fixture and vice-versa. But these conversion bulbs cost about double the price of a standard bulb.
With HID Lights:
A 250 watt fixture will supply enough light to cover a 2.5 foot by 2.5 foot grow area. (6 plants or less)
A 400 watt fixture will supply enough light to cover a 4 foot by 4 foot grow area. (12 plants or less)
A 600 watt fixture will supply enough light to cover a 5 foot by 5 foot grow area. (18 plants or less)
A 1000 watt fixture will supply enough light to cover a 6.5 foot by 6.5 foot grow area. (30 plants or less)

How much light is needed for growing?
Depends on the size of plant you are trying to grow. I'll try to answer this "in general" instead of being specific to one size plant. Light seen and perceived with the human eye is measured in Lumens. There is an ideal amount of lumens for growing and a minimum amount of required lumens. The very minimum amount of light required for smaller sized plants grown is around 3000 lumens per square foot. Let me put emphasis on "minimum amount" of light. However, that's not 100% exactly accurate, since although you may have a 10,000 lumen light, the amount of light that reaches the plant varies with the distance between the light and plants, and the reflectivity of the grow area. The ideal amount is somewhere around 7000-10,000 lumens per square foot for average sized plants. As long as the plants do not show burn, as much light can be used as you want to use. (Note, the sun produces about 10,000 lumens per square foot, on a sunny mid summer day).
Contracy to "talk" you CAN have too much light.)

YOUR 4 105'S = 420 WATTS, OR CLOSE TO 29,400 LUMENS AT 70 LUMENS PER WATT..

ahh okay i see what you mean .. well i have more than enough to grow the plants faster not so they can be tall as Christmas tree but just to grow fast at a good height and harvest fast .. trying to pull off at least 2-3 oz in 3-4 month .. think i can pull it off?

you right sir thanks alot im gonna update like in a week waiting for my hps 150 watt and also waiting on some seeds :) .. and plus still gotta get fans, nutrients and the meters to tell the temp and humidity after i got all this i will update and take more picture and start my FIRST grow journal here .. :thanks:

mORE THAN ENOUGH.

Note on HIDs contributed by PurpDaddy:
When given the choice of only one light, most marijuana growers will choose an HPS, High Pressure Sodium grow light over MH, Metal Halide, because HPS lights are more efficient (larger harvest).
You can't use a standard high pressure sodium bulb in a metal halide fixture, but you can use a metal halide bulb in a high pressure sodium fixture of the same wattage.
There are special hps bulbs that can be used in a mh fixture and vice-versa. But these conversion bulbs cost about double the price of a standard bulb.
With HID Lights:
A 250 watt fixture will supply enough light to cover a 2.5 foot by 2.5 foot grow area. (6 plants or less)
A 400 watt fixture will supply enough light to cover a 4 foot by 4 foot grow area. (12 plants or less)
A 600 watt fixture will supply enough light to cover a 5 foot by 5 foot grow area. (18 plants or less)
A 1000 watt fixture will supply enough light to cover a 6.5 foot by 6.5 foot grow area. (30 plants or less)

VERY good post. Very informative. I wasn't aware you could take a MH bulb and put it in a HPS ballast. I know with a digital ballast, you can use either MH or HPS or vice versa, but wasn't aware you could do that with a cap start ballast made for HPS. Coolness.:bravo:
DSCF8429.JPG

ahh okay i see what you mean .. well i have more than enough to grow the plants faster not so they can be tall as Christmas tree but just to grow fast at a good height and harvest fast .. trying to pull off at least 2-3 oz in 3-4 month .. think i can pull it off?

Well, growing Indica, you got 8 to 9 weeks of the Flowering Cycle, Defintiely.
Add to that, how many weeks will you VEG? If you VEG 5 weeks, that will give you the maximum yield, and that would be 13 weeks total. IF you do that, you should average 2 ounces per plant, and that allows for 1 out of 4 to one out of 6 being runts. I always get one giant that yields 5 to 7 ounces but my average is still only 2 ounces per plant becuase I get runts.

Yield also depends on if you use feminized seed, auto flowering seed or regular seed.

For higher yields, VEG INDICA 5 weeks and TOP them the 2nd, 3rd and 4th week too along with some FIMMING.

Well, growing Indica, you got 8 to 9 weeks of the Flowering Cycle, Defintiely.
Add to that, how many weeks will you VEG? If you VEG 5 weeks, that will give you the maximum yield, and that would be 13 weeks total. IF you do that, you should average 2 ounces per plant, and that allows for 1 out of 4 to one out of 6 being runts. I always get one giant that yields 5 to 7 ounces but my average is still only 2 ounces per plant becuase I get runts.

Yield also depends on if you use feminized seed, auto flowering seed or regular seed.

For higher yields, VEG INDICA 5 weeks and TOP them the 2nd, 3rd and 4th week too along with some FIMMING.

i was planing on getting feminized seed since i dont wanna deal with cutting the male, sorry i havent updated this journal just getting a good deal on a sun system hps 150w for 50 bucks so just waiting on her call .. after i get everything im gonna update :thumb:

I would say you need 50 watts per sq ft of grow space as a rule of thumb.
Grow Space being the space the plant takes up, not the entire grow area.

Mine is 4.5 sq ft. and 400 watts. Ya think that's overkill? I KNOW I could knock a few degrees off by switching back to a 250.

DSCF8410.JPG

junmr2,

I'm patiently waiting.

thanks man appreciate it .. Well everything went well with the deal on the 150w hps :thumb: .. here is 2 pictures of my grow room also included with my hps n also clean the walls again still trying to find sumthing to put on the rug .. gonna try to get the rest of my supplies by the middle of the upcoming week .. thermometer, GH nutes, and 2 fans .. also was thinking of a getting a ph meter at petland ... i dont really need a tds meter right? .. this is my first grow but also study alot on growing hydro and see that u dont really need a tds .. am i right?
031210231304_01_1_.jpeg

031210231404_01.jpeg

btw only growing 2 or 3 plants .. most likely 3 which is why i got that reflector on the Deep Water Culture like that

Back
Top Bottom