Sup Peeps!

WizaWasWasted

Hey! :Namaste:

Just introducing myself, long time lurker, few grows back in the day (10+ years go). Done a few soil grows then a failed DWC grow that absolutely blew me away how much faster it can be. Until I tried to switch to organic (why??) midway through veg and developed some weird algae shit that killed the plant pretty quick. Always been keen to give hydro another shot since. Finally in a position in my life to get back into it.

Journal to follow soon, cabinets built, seeds are cracking as we speak. Eleven Roses from Delicious seeds. Limited on height, cabinet is designed to blend in my garage. Its 4' High x 8' Wide x 2' Deep so will be tricky to manage but will be trying SOG using mother plants and clones, Straight into flower, plants will be quite small that way so hoping to fit 12 in there. 2x 600w HPS with cooltube. 12x 8.5l Autopots. Could end up switching to Scrog but i like the idea of short veg times with SOG and clones, keep the cycle going and harvest every 8-10 weeks.

Armed with bucket loads of information from this site I feel pretty confident but will be seeking any help I can get :)

Hope to see you in my journal soon :passitleft:

Cheers
Wiza

Welcome to our little village :welcome:

We have growers of all types. I actually feel your pain about hydro. I had a "dro" grow back 20 years ago, and things went anything but smoothly. It got "garbage disposaled" but that is a story within itself.

We all make mistakes, even the super experienced people.

Hang out and read some journals. Ask some questions and the next thing you know, you will a regular part of the group. It happens pretty fast.

Starting a journal is a great idea. You can document to reflect back to see what to change next time, and also help others.

Don't be shy.

Hey guys quick question i posted this in another area but freaking out like genuine newbie

Quick Noob rockwool question. I just germinated 5 seeds using the paper towel method. Put them in paper towels over night, went to work the next day and then came home to huge tap roots coming out already!! Not used to good genetics! Caught me off guard a bit so rushed to get them into PH adjusted RW cubes. Put them into the pre made hole in the RW.. Wasnt sure how to cover the hole so ripped a small bit of RW off and pushed into the top of the hole.. seemed weird putting the seed into a hollow hole with a lid

Is that correct? Are they going to push past that?? Typical newbie feeaking out already. Any advice much appreciated. Once roots established i plan to move to hyrdo autopot system.

Hey guys quick question i posted this in another area but freaking out like genuine newbie

Quick Noob rockwool question. I just germinated 5 seeds using the paper towel method. Put them in paper towels over night, went to work the next day and then came home to huge tap roots coming out already!! Not used to good genetics! Caught me off guard a bit so rushed to get them into PH adjusted RW cubes. Put them into the pre made hole in the RW.. Wasnt sure how to cover the hole so ripped a small bit of RW off and pushed into the top of the hole.. seemed weird putting the seed into a hollow hole with a lid

Is that correct? Are they going to push past that?? Typical newbie feeaking out already. Any advice much appreciated. Once roots established i plan to move to hyrdo autopot system.
If you didn't "stuff" the new rockwool in hard, it should be fine. Usually people just sort of pinch the rockwool over the top or brush it over. Just enough to keep direct light from hitting the seed.

Thanks Bonsai

I didnt stuff it hard, but i would have preferred it if i had pinched it now that you mentioned it.

Would it be ok to remove the 'lid' now and pinch it?

Or am i best to just leave it ?

My concern is rather than just slipping up through the RW it will push the lid off and expose the hole and tap root to light..

It should be fine to remove the "plug" and pinch it if you do not disturb the seed. Care to not accidentally pull it out.

(My opinion only).

Thanks mate. I think i may have been over reacting.. got home from work today and took a peek under the lids. They are dam near ready to pop out.. absolutely stunned at the growth rate of these seeds..

Will try start my journal this weekend.
Just know they will slow down once above the surface. This is the root establishment time, and after they get their roots the growing game is on again.

Back
Top Bottom