SUPER CROPPING, TOPPING etc. to get the MOST out of LIGHTS

tommyb88

iv got 2 300w dual spectrum cfls with limited grow space and 3 seeds ready to plant (sensi star )

so was just wondering any tips on super croping, topping etc... to get the most out of the lights to potentially increase yeild, iv spent days reading tutorial after tutorial as iv never done this before so any advice i would appreciate thanks

Re: SUPER CROPPING, TOPPING etc.. to get the MOST out of LIGHTS

the bigger the better really and was goin plant all 3 at once and my grow space is roughly about a metre squared and pretty tall, iv got a few grows under my belt so im willing try some new techniques out but arnt sure the best ones for my situation so wot do u rekon

peace tommyb,

I couldnt say any , hell, I just came out of the closet, so to speak, and got legal . all I ever, uhh, was cupboard size with cfl's and stink. just got a permit, tent and all the fixins, 600watt lumatek,stink sock, sunleaves fan, awesome flood and drain system, and a whole bunch of premium beans.
I never saw 300 watt cfl's. could have used them when, uhhh.

pics man, pics. I'll try one here..my first pic

rsz_2x4.jpg

also would it be best to top the plant first and then supercrop or vice versa or dose it even make a difference which way round

peace tommyb,

I couldnt say any , hell, I just came out of the closet, so to speak, and got legal . all I ever, uhh, was cupboard size with cfl's and stink. just got a permit, tent and all the fixins, 600watt lumatek,stink sock, sunleaves fan, awesome flood and drain system, and a whole bunch of premium beans.
I never saw 300 watt cfl's. could have used them when, uhhh.

pics man, pics. I'll try one here..my first pic

rsz_2x4.jpg
geat setup...nice healthy plants..
you dont need supercropping...too drastic and not really applicable for your grow, Try LST....more bud sites...keeps the height in check. McBudz is the man with LST...look u his journals and check out LST

no probs and its roughly about a bit smaller than a metre squared if that

i think you should try LST.
LSTing

LST stands for Low Stress Training and is another form of supercropping, many times referred to as LST super cropping. This technique involves bending and tying the plants branches to manipulate the plant into a more preferred growth shape. This method of training works very well for indoor growers who need to illuminate their plants using overhead lights. Since light intensity greatly diminishes with increased distance (Inverse-square law) LSTing can be used to keep all growth tips (meristem) at the same distance from the light and can achieve optimal light exposure. LST can be used in conjunction with topping, since topping increases axial growth (side shoots), topping is often done a few weeks before beginning LSTing. LSTing works by changing the distribution of hormones, more specifically Auxins, in the plant. Low Stress Training was introduced in 2001 by member Delta9420 at the website TheGardensCure.com (known then as Hempcultivation.com) Delta9420's Low Stress Training (LST) Example Pics - The Garden's Cure

cheers mate any hints and tips, or do's and donts

Ive grown 100's of plants. Ive only did LST with 4 plants. Its easy,
theres a good LST diagram out there but Ill have to find it.
Im not the best person to teach it but Ill just tell you the basics.
tie your plant's main stem over 90 degrees...put the string,or wire 1/2 way on the stem
by the next day it will be pointed straight up. thats LST
as your lower branches get light the will grow up...tie them down as well
ultimately after a couple weeks and 4-5 ties..you plant has been trained and you have 4-5 large colas rather than 1 main one
again Im def not the authority on LST but ive done it and it works very well

The only thing I would add to Pit's description is that before you bend the main stem over, you want to secure the bottom of the stem with a tie first.

Put a tie down low on the stem first, and that will prevent the roots from getting ripped out of the pot when you bend the main stem over with the second tie.

The only thing I would add to Pit's description is that before you bend the main stem over, you want to secure the bottom of the stem with a tie first.

Put a tie down low on the stem first, and that will prevent the roots from getting ripped out of the pot when you bend the main stem over with the second tie.

thanx bro..I was wingin it

Back
Top Bottom