Bruce Wheelman

Legal Advisor
420 Staff
Strain Name: Super Lemon Haze

When: Dec 2010

Grade: A-

Type: Sativa

Price: $95/quarter oz

Looks: Intermixed dark and medium green buds containing bright orange hairs. The grower indicated he had a problem with a “light leak” making the buds less frosty than normal.

Smell: Very strong spiced lemon odor

Taste: Spiced lemon with some expansion and a hashy taste on the exhale.

Buzz Type: Strong cerebral high - had my head buzzing trying to focus.

Buzz Length: Medium – I was stoned for around 1.5-2 hours.

Best Medicinal Use: Deep thought, mood improvement, and depression.

Overall: Wow - what a strong sativa high! I smoked about half a joint before going out for dinner one night, and quickly realized I grabbed the wrong jar. I was wanting a bit of appetite enhancement from a mild indica, but got a soaring cerebral high that hit hard! Sat with family enjoying dinner - in great spirits, but was glad I wasn’t driving almost 2 hours later. A floaty/trippy buzz that I enjoyed with playing video games with my kids and also a nice long ride in the mountains. If this was a “lesser quality” grow due to the reported light leak, I can’t wait to see the next batch.

SuperLemonHaze14.jpg

SuperLemonHaze23.jpg

SuperLemonHaze33.jpg

SuperLemonHaze42.jpg

SuperLemonHaze52.jpg

I have grown this strain from Greenhouse seed comp and it is my favorite.
It has the best taste of any strain I have smoked and the high is immediate and even though you know your stoned or medicated, you can still function and pay attention.
I highly recommend this for back and joint pain. It definately gives you relief.

how long is the flower cycle?

Its 8-9 weeks and if I were you I would veg for at least 3 weeks and get them nice and big before you turn them on to 12-12. It will get your buds bigger in the end. Yield is important but so is quality so the trichomes are the biggest thing about harvest. I need at least 30% amber before cutting them down. To early and they dont have the power the strain is known for.
This tastes so good and its soooo smoooth that I can leave the joint in my mouth and not take it out until half of its gone!!

I just put a couple of femied GHS/SLH I recently acquired. I have heard nothing but good good good about this strain. As pleased as I am w/the Silver Haze I did... I can't wait to try some of these babies!
Thanks for the killer write up Cyclsit... +rep!

Grew out a clone of Lemon Diesel and it tastes amazing. It's drying right now and is the most lemon smelling, lemon tasting strain I have ever smoked and I have been smoking for a LONG time. Very lemony and piney. I would love to try some of the SLH but the dispensary around here never have it. Also, if someone could cross the SLH with the LEMON DIESEL you would have a winner for sure. The Lemon Diesel would probably make it more lemony and give it a more Indica type kush high with the SLH would increase the yields and add some Sative influence. This would be an amazing hybrid. I got a few seeds from a bud that hermied. If I grow out another Lemon Diesel and bought some SLH seeds from Greenhouse I could make this hybrid happen. Oh man, I am going to try this hopefully those seeds germ and aren't too hermied like their mom. I think she only grew bananas and a few seeds because I had a blinking LED from a wireless router and modem in my grow room i thought got covered up but i missed 1.

How tall does the SLH grow?

Best asked in the growers forum, I honestly don't know. All the strains I review are obtained from Collective or cargivers, as I do not grow.

:peace: and :Namaste:

420Cyclist how are you bud, How much for the USB microscope? what site? Great looking Bud Also.

High Commorade -

The scope is a Veho 004 Deluxe, and it yields "ok" macro shots at 60x and 350-400x. Honestly, I just recently also made the jump to DSLR photography, and using a nice macro lens, I can post-process/crop to produce GREAT shots in the 60x range. Check out this thread about Blue Dream that shows the microscope shots at 60x and 400x, and then the uncropped bud, followed by 2 successively tighter crops to show the detail I can get just shooting HIGH-rez original pix and grabbing the best/desired area of the picture using Adobe Lightroom or PhotoShop.

As a plus, I get natural lighting instead of blasting my sample with 8 really bright LED's. This is a MUCH costlier solution, but I was wanting to get back into photography, and this provided a great excuse.

Any other questions?

Greenest regards...
:peace: and :Namaste:

Do you think i could find any of this in NC? I have a guy who can get me some good bud, But im not an expert so he can easily just say ''Yo Dude i got some Super Lemon Haze'' And i probably wouldnt know if he was telling the truth or not..But do you think i could find any of this in North Carolina? Or probably to rare? And if so around what parts of NC?

Better move to Cali, this good ain't over that way LOL

They grow to about 5 ft tall. white widow and slh looked about the same as far as height. This time around I will do my version of lst to make sure the side buds get bigger.

I just put a couple of femied GHS/SLH I recently acquired. I have heard nothing but good good good about this strain. As pleased as I am w/the Silver Haze I did... I can't wait to try some of these babies!
Thanks for the killer write up Cyclist... +rep!

me too! as a 35+ yr smoker, my ssh that i grew last year was some of the strongest stuff i've ever smoked much less grew. now i'm on to slh. only 1week from germination and i'm 5/5 and most are showing their 2nd true leaf. thanks for the report ncal- now i got sum'in good to look forward to

I have been growing SLH for 2 years now from some fem beans I bought for my first grow. The journal is on here under "Smokeyjoe's first grow", it is amazing smoke and still gets me lifted after 2 years of smoking it every single day. You will not regret growing this strain, but you will want to get a vaporizer to appreciate the true flavor of the bud.

Back
Top Bottom