Super pro system/super newb behind wheel...nutri help

Slickymcgee

Hey guys, long time reader, first time asker...so, here goes...im into roughly the 3rd week of my 1st crop (flowering) now and have had my fair share of trials and tribulations...
Specs
2 resevoir
16-5 gallon buckets (8 per res)
3-600w? Hps lights
4'x8' tent
ph pen/tds meter
1 waterchiller (500$) :(
2 airstones in each res/1 per bucket
air and water thermometer
6" cold air intake+fan
8" exhaust+fan+expensive filter...
13 buckets have 2 drip sticks/3 have 1
average air temp
Night 78-82F
Day 86-90F
Average water temp
Res 1 (water chiller) 65F --godbud
Res 2 73F --couchlock
ph last few weeks 6.3
Ph during veg 5.7/5.8

Ok, now my question...
the last few days i have been watching mag/moly deficiencies and nitrogen toxicity taking affect.
As well, symptoms of light/heat stress and over/underwatering.
Last night i could take no more (a friend did my nutes last week) thinking he may have botched the math.
Upon reflection, it is probably ph imbalance causing all the grief.
I dumped both res, adding 1/2 recommended micro/grow/bloom/voodoo/plantacillin/bug ignitor ,thus, preventing any toxicity.
My question is can i add 1/4 nutes/etc After the fact?
My buddy has had 3 successful harvests and said adding micro/grow/bloom now will cause nutri-lockout...but i believe different...anyway, i googled for about an hour and found no answer to this question..thx for ur time ^^:thumb:

re: Super pro system/super newb behind wheel...nutri help

I'm unclear to what you're asking. Are you asking if the grow-micro-bloom nutrients will cause lockout? I know from the grow that I'm doing that it won't unless its in bad proportions. This is hydro so I'm not the best to answer this question as I had to ditch my work in DWC and go back to soil in the middle of the grow. So obviously I'm not a pro but I'm not sure there would be any difference from one medium to the next. Nute uptake is nute uptake. You should get some more feedback on this but I'm really doubting that using those regular nutes would create lockout. Why would it?

Oh and welcome to :420:

After i empited the res, i filled up with RO water, i then decided to give them 1/2 nutrients as per instructions on bottle. Not starving the nitrogen out of them and still making sure they have the moly/mag that it looks like they need.i didnt want to leave them running on fresh water for a day. I gave them a littl to feed on whilst hooefully knocking their N intake down abit. I am now adding 1/4 nutes after they had a day to recoup...my buddy said adding micro afte bloom will cause the lockout

Well, if you add a lot of micro, maybe. I don't know from experience but I use molasses on my girls and it has calcium, magnesium, and potassium. It doesn't cause lockout. But remember I'm in soil so, its not fair for me to say anything with certainty. But I do know that more is less, less is more and the right amount is usually less than you think it is. The companies that produce these nutrients don't know what your set up is, what strain you have, what the humidity, temperatures and ph levels are. They don't know what other nutrients you may be using. So the half strength theory is just that, a theory. Half might be too much...or it could be not quite enough. Time and experience will tell. I'm sure you're going to do fine for now. I hope you the best in your grow. If I were you I would follow a member in here that is good with hydro and knows a lot about it. There are journals you can follow and those are great because you WILL find questions to ask and you can see what's working for a person and what's not. I have a journal and you're free to follow it but its nothing lime what you're doing. But there are others that you could benefit greatly from.

firstly i wouldnt be using bud ignitor 3 weeks into flower.

do u have pics of ur set up. if u are struggling using 3 part nutrient. swap to canna aqua flores soft water as ur base and add a small amount of cal/mag. the aqua line works wonders in dwc. trust me ive tried many diff nutes and i now grow solely dwc-rdwc.

keep ur ph in 5.5-5.8 range. if u are in flower id be at 100% recommended dose then watch for signs of nute burn, top up with water if its too strong. check out my journals on dwc and feel free to ask any questions u cant find answers too.

Back
Top Bottom