Suspects in Jail After Pot Arrests

Weedpipe

420 Member
Four men who were arrested Friday by Leon County Sheriff's Office vice detectives remain in the Leon County Jail on $105,500 bail each on drug charges, with three of them also are being held for U.S. Immigration Services.

During searches on two homes in northeast Tallahassee, LCSO vice detectives located approximately 55 pounds of high-grade marijuana. The marijuana has a street value in excess of $2.5 million, according to the Sheriff's Office.

Arrested were: Wilmaer Lopez, 31; Maikel Somora, 25; Wilfredo Lopez, 66 and Andeslay Rodriquez, 35. All were charged with trafficking in marijuana, cultivation of marijuana, operating a dangerous drug house and possession of drug paraphernalia. Wilmaer Lopez, Somora and Rodriquez are being held without bail for Immigration Services, according to Leon County Jail records.

Sheriff Larry Campbell said "these types of grow houses started in South and Central Florida and are now springing up in our backyard. These operations and the subjects involved can be very dangerous because it is such a lucrative business."

During the 2008 Legislative session, lawmakers passed the Marijuana Grow House Eradication Act, which increases penalties for those convicted of growing marijuana in homes throughout Florida.
In a news release following the signing of the act, Florida Attorney General

Bill McCollum said, "As marijuana becomes more and more dangerous, grow houses are creating serious threats to our neighborhoods and communities. Not only is the new form of the drug much more potent, the grow houses often invite violence from rival operators."

The investigation began when Tallahassee Police Investigator Mike Randolph passed on information he had gathered to the Sheriff's Office. LCSO vice detectives began investigating and got warrants to search a house on Tommy Lee Trail, as well as one on Lord Murphy Trail, the LCSO report said.
Inside, detectives discovered nurseries for the immature plants, indoor irrigation systems, and artificial sun lighting sources, as well as the marijuana.

News Hawk- Weedpipe 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: Tallahassee Democrat
Copyright: 2009 Tallahassee Democrat

[QUOTE=
In a news release following the signing of the act, Florida Attorney General
Bill McCollum said, "As marijuana becomes more and more dangerous, grow houses are creating serious threats to our neighborhoods and communities. Not only is the new form of the drug much more potent, the grow houses often invite violence from rival operators."

I really hate the potency issue. Speaking for myself, whenever I get some smoke that is stronger then I normally like I just smoke less. An the dumb-ass statement of the week goes to...envelope please, AG Bill McCollum. You want to stop violence McCollum, legalize Pot DUH!

2.5 mil for 55 lbs! That's $45454.54 each. How f'n stupid does LEO think people are. Say one gram/joint that's $100/joint. Must be some pretty amazing pot.

They're still using the old, If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullsh*t tactics. Fools the sheeple but not anyone with a few brain cells to rub together.

"Sheriff Larry Campbell said "these types of grow houses started in South and Central Florida and are now springing up in our backyard. These operations and the subjects involved can be very dangerous because it is such a lucrative business.""

Another brainwashed drone spouting gibberish. It's only lucrative because you keep a harmless plant hostage.

"Bill McCollum said, "As marijuana becomes more and more dangerous, grow houses are creating serious threats to our neighborhoods and communities. Not only is the new form of the drug much more potent, the grow houses often invite violence from rival operators.""

So legalize it already and get rid of all those problems! And it's not a drug! It's a herb with medicinal properties. Once big pharma gets it, corrupts it and can make billions off it then it will be a drug.

"Inside, detectives discovered nurseries for the immature plants, indoor irrigation systems, and artificial sun lighting sources, as well as the marijuana."

What the hell did they expect to find! It's a grow-op for the love of Pete!

Stupid LEOs. Go bust bank robbers, killers and child molesters. Let the pot go free!

:peace:

Dayumn,,,,,LabRat for President!!!!!:roorrip:

Dayumn,,,,,LabRat for President!!!!!:roorrip:

Thank you, thank you very much.

But as I was not born in the US, not even in Hawaii, and I have a birth certificate to prove it, I cannot accept the title of President.

Just call me, "The Supreme Omnipotent Ruler of the Known Universe". That works for me. lol

Or, "Leader of Others Seen Everywhere 'Roundhere". L.O.S.E.R. for short. Hahahahaha

:peace:

*bows* Hail to the leader...:roorrip:

IMO.

These types of [large] grow operations are a detriment to people that honestly promote the "cause"

a) grow for their own use
b) grow for medicinal or caregiver cases

Can you honestly justify a reason for a grow operation of this size? Please don't think I'm the party pooper, I smoke just as much as the next guy, and don't necessarily live in a pro-mj state. I just believe in responsibility and the progress that is being made with more and more states recognizing it's intrinsic value. It's grow operations like this that provide the law agencies with legs for posturing their positions.

Be strong...we shall prevail.

S.F.

Back
Top Bottom