GiGi,

I am glad you decided to start posting to this site.

Could I get any any thoughts on how strong you would make a simple role on of rosin and grape seed oil.

My best guess is the rosin is about 75% THC. I have 0.6g pressed now and can make more. My wife and I have been treating joint problems with a CBD infused oil that we transferred to a role on bottle. The results have been good so far. It is a handy way to apply and has very little waste.

A little goes a long way. So, I would think it should be fairly strong.

Would you add anything else?

Best

The grape seed oil is an adequate carrier oil, but you might want to experiment with others, such as, fractionated coconut oil, almond oil, etc.

Thank you, GG (and New B).

1. My husband made the hash oil using a solvent, isopropyl alcohol, I think. That's why I asked.

3. Re the law and travelling with MMJ, I kind of knew that but I guess I just wanted to know what people dependent on MMJ do when they travel? Do they travel? (because that would be one way of dealing with it -- just stay home)

I'd recommend using ethanol solvents over the ISO. It's a purity factor. The ISO won't kill you or make you, personally, sick, but there's a concern that you have no idea what's really in it. They don't manufacture it for human consumption so it's not so necessary to be careful about impurities.

You bring up a good point about travel during this capricious stage of social evolution. There are many who choose to avoid travel for this very reason. If your life depends on using CCO that's a choice you should never have to make. Remember my vacation in Pheonix last year? There were points towards the end that were brutal to get through without my regular doses of cannabis. Thank goodness I wasn't treating cancer, but then I'd have chosen to stay home.

Allergy...

It seems my wife may have an allergic reaction to some strains. Right now we are using White Fire OG as a daily medicine for her arthritis pain. It works, but it also produces an allergic reaction. She reports throat swelling, the same reactions when she is exposed to ragweed.
She has similar allergic reactions to many of the Kush strains... cough, cough, cough.

But, our last strain, Blaze, caused none of that. (Its too bad its sold out from the dispensary.) And, in fact, it was a smooth mellow smoke (in our vaporiser) and gave quick pain relief, and produced a nice mellow high.

I know, that we have no control over cannabis that comes from a dispensary, so who knows what residual nutes might be in the plant, or, heaven forbid, residual pest control, etc. So, for quality control, we have to rely on the dispensary.

Have any of you folks experienced this type of reaction? Is it peculiar to one stain, or type of strain?

My first thought was you may have an oil with a contaminant. My second thought was that Kush strains are high in alpha-pinene. My daughter can't even be near pine trees without breaking out in hives. She's not an isolated case in this allergic reaction to pinene. That may be worth exploring, because if it is the pinene it's something you want to be aware of in the future. Does the oil have a pine smell to it?

Hello Sue,

Finding my way around. &$&! it seems the more answers I get the more questions I have. It's all very interesting and I can see how it could be a hobbie of sort at some point. I have friends with MS who could benefit so much but they struggle with Christianity and what has been beaten into their heads since the sixties, but I'm working on them. They saw the difference in me. I am curious if you had any experience with oil and using it to tritrate down off fentanyl patches and brain drugs like Lyrica? Since it's so high in THC. If permissible with you, is there a way I could PM you before I have my requisite posts?

Thanks

You'll need to get up to 50 posts before you have the opportunity to use the PM system. Before you know it you'll be there. Get to know the neighborhood and ask a lot of questions.

We have a member just recently who shared with us his use of CCO to withdrawal from the last of his opioids. It wasn't pretty, but he's a determined warrior, sick and tired of having his life controlled by those pills. HizzyB documented that journey, still ongoing as a matter of fact, over in the Oiler's lounge, so we know from personal experience that cannabis is the gateway away from dangerous drugs. It's a protracted and often painful process that requires the determination Gigi alluded to in her response.

Your Christian brainwashed friends are going to feel very frustrated some day when the truth becomes obvious to them. When that happens, remind them that they're human, and by that very nature, prone to making the occasional mistake. It's so ironic to see Christians refuse to see the benefit in this plant the Creator they worship gave us. We're not here to convince them. We're here to heal and encourage the return to a natural healing state with the use of this marvelous plant.

When they're ready they'll find their own way. You lead by example, not by argument.

Every body is different and what works for one may not work for another. In my experience and most cases, high THC oil worked best. Especially in this scenario. Two of my patients who were getting off narcotics HAD to take less of the narcotics because it made them feel the effects of the oil more heavily. It was so intense with one of my patients that he had to cut his narcotic intake in half for the first time in 20+ years. It has not been easy, but after one year, he was able to quit that 20+ year opioid addiction. The person really has to want to quit for it to work, and they have to take baby steps, cold turkey is not advisable. There are many health risks to quitting anything cold turkey. Oh, and whenever taking the oil, blood pressure should be monitored, especially when taking meds to reduce blood pressure. The oil can reduce blood pressure and increase heart rate. Who knows what withdraw can do.

Another member and I recently tracked our blood pressure and heart rate following dosing for a week. What we discovered was a consistent drop in BP and an inexplicable uptick to heart rate almost every time. If you have blood pressure concerns, particularly low blood pressure, this can be life-saving information.

An update on the Bio Bombs...as you may recall, my wife is now treating her Rheumatoid Arthritis with a Bio Bomb that is an equally balanced THC/CBD concentrated Cannabis Oil.

She has only been taking them for 2 days, but she says she is certain she feels better. She does not have that frequent need to soak in a hot tub for pain relief, she sleeps better, and her appetite is returning.

It seems impossible to me that this CCO could so quickly help..... but, I have hope...

I'm relieved to read of her relief. :yahoo: My daughter saw reduced inflammatory pain from the very first day with the capsules.

I know..... Hard to believe all that suffering could have been avoided. Let the frustration that arises from that thought evaporate in the peals of joyful laughter accompanying the knowledge that her days ahead will bring more relief. If we all keep good accounts of what we're doing the evidence become indisputable.

No, not necessarily. I am not sure exactly what it is in marijuana that effects the blood pressure and heart rate. Not so sure it is THC or CBD. There are over 80 known canibinoids and it is not only THC that is a psychoactive component.

The more pure the THC, the more comfortable the buzz is for me, less chances of a panic attack.

Strain can play a part as well. I wouldn't focus on the THC, high CBD is overrated anyway in my opinion.

Just curious, had she ever smoked or used marijuana before? New experiences can cause panic. Even if she has smoked, how about eating? That is different.

For someone unfamiliar with the buzz a strong edible can be incredibly off putting. My most powerful brownie incident made me wonder if I was going to survive it, and I was trained going into the experience. I can only imagine an overdose with someone new to cannabis edibles. This is one of the reasons I started using the lecithin. They hit within minutes, so I can monitor dose strength more closely at the beginning. With my brownies, if I don't feel what I want within a half hour I know how much more to take. Waiting 90 minutes wouldn't be a happy thing for me.

My basic problem with high CBD strains is you have no idea how much CBD you're actually getting from the plant unless you have it tested, and a lot of testing is coming back with numbers much lower than we thought. Clearly, a segment of the industry still in the evolutionary stages, and one we all need to be careful about making assumptions about.

GiGi,

I am glad you decided to start posting to this site.

Can I get an "AMEN!"

Thank you, keltic, I'll check out your suggestions.

:circle-of-love:

I use a coconut oil infused Canna oil. I have not had it tested but I make it at low temperature primarily for CBDs. My 7 pound cat is not getting high.

My cat is 15 y/o and has hyper thyroid and other issues ( seizures ) . He has responded well for the last 8 plus months. ( he actually had a relapse when he stopped taking his oil and had seizures) he is now getting 2 drop on his food, and no seizures.

I have also found cannaCompanion made by vets for pets with dosage recommendations. ( a Hemp product)

you can google cannaCompanionusa for more info. I have a package of pills from them as a back up but prefer to make my own. Gotta watch the dosage considering the weight of the furbaby, my kitty is so skinny.

Some more info here on the :420: https://www.420magazine.com/community/forums/marijuana-for-pets.800/

Well, I just got "legal" to possess cannabis here in Canada. Now I can buy from a Licensed Provider. From what I'm seeing there is not a huge variety of strains. I'll have to choose one and use them exclusively. If anyone has any experience with Canadian LP's I'd be glad to get a PM.

I was originally with Tilray but they stopped making what I wanted the most - THC:CBD blend with both % 10 or over. They also doubled the price for other things so bye bye.

I'm going to try Tweed/Bedrocan this time. They are co-owned and Im told I can order from either one.

Good morning, Sue.

I believe my husband bought the ISO because of not being able to get ethanol or Everclear here. It really was the only option for us.

I kind of figured that people who really can't cope without their MMJ probably just wouldn't travel. Wouldn't it be nice if at some point in our lifetime, people could travel with their MMJ without repercussions?

I'd recommend using ethanol solvents over the ISO. It's a purity factor. The ISO won't kill you or make you, personally, sick, but there's a concern that you have no idea what's really in it. They don't manufacture it for human consumption so it's not so necessary to be careful about impurities.

You bring up a good point about travel during this capricious stage of social evolution. There are many who choose to avoid travel for this very reason. If your life depends on using CCO that's a choice you should never have to make. Remember my vacation in Pheonix last year? There were points towards the end that were brutal to get through without my regular doses of cannabis. Thank goodness I wasn't treating cancer, but then I'd have chosen to stay home.

For someone unfamiliar with the buzz a strong edible can be incredibly off putting. My most powerful brownie incident made me wonder if I was going to survive it, and I was trained going into the experience. I can only imagine an overdose with someone new to cannabis edibles. This is one of the reasons I started using the lecithin. They hit within minutes, so I can monitor dose strength more closely at the beginning. With my brownies, if I don't feel what I want within a half hour I know how much more to take. Waiting 90 minutes wouldn't be a happy thing for me.

My basic problem with high CBD strains is you have no idea how much CBD you're actually getting from the plant unless you have it tested, and a lot of testing is coming back with numbers much lower than we thought. Clearly, a segment of the industry still in the evolutionary stages, and one we all need to be careful about making assumptions about.

Can I get an "AMEN!"

I didn't know that adding the lecithin into your edibles means that you feel the effects sooner and therefore can increase or decrease the dose depending on how you're feeling. That's good and important information.

I've always been a little afraid of adding the lecithin because I had the idea that it made the medicine stronger and I was worried that I would make it too strong but if it does the first then it doesn't matter if the second occurs, too because I could start small and figure out what is strong enough for me. Thanks, Sue, as usual you ROCK!

:circle-of-love:

I'm with Tweed and you can order from either one.

What I'm interested in is how you can just go to a different LP? I assumed that because I got my licence through a doctor that Tweed hooked me up with, I had to stay with Tweed until the year was over.

I was originally with Tilray but they stopped making what I wanted the most - THC:CBD blend with both % 10 or over. They also doubled the price for other things so bye bye.

I'm going to try Tweed/Bedrocan this time. They are co-owned and Im told I can order from either one.

The grape seed oil is an adequate carrier oil, but you might want to experiment with others, such as, fractionated coconut oil, almond oil, etc.

Does anybody use hemp oil as a component in their oils?

I do find it kind of sad that some people do need Cannabis as a medicine but they just can't grow it themselves. The problem with that is the store where you buy it from as a medical patient change there range in choice of basically your medicine. So if something works for you and suddenly it changes and that particular product is not in stock anymore or it is 3 times more expensive. So that's what I hate about it. The thing I would love to do is grow for people who need ot and then sell it to them for a really low price. But well, that's just not even possible by law or even practically.

Sent from my SM-G920F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I do find it kind of sad that some people do need Cannabis as a medicine but they just can't grow it themselves. The problem with that is the store where you buy it from as a medical patient change there range in choice of basically your medicine. So if something works for you and suddenly it changes and that particular product is not in stock anymore or it is 3 times more expensive. So that's what I hate about it. The thing I would love to do is grow for people who need ot and then sell it to them for a really low price. But well, that's just not even possible by law or even practically.

I agree with you.

I'm using LPs and dispensaries sometimes to get through my 'figure out my dose' phase. I can buy small quantities of different mixes, concentrations, strains, etc to experiment with. Then when I get it right or even close, I'll be growing.

Ive run into the change product and/or change prices frustration already with Tilray who is off my list of LPs I can work with.

I have been researching all the aspects of GrowYourOwn this week. Its totally legal if you apply to Health Canada for a GIY License. There is also an option where you can designate a third party to grow it for you.

I agree with you.

I'm using LPs and dispensaries sometimes to get through my 'figure out my dose' phase. I can buy small quantities of different mixes, concentrations, strains, etc to experiment with. Then when I get it right or even close, I'll be growing.

Ive run into the change product and/or change prices frustration already with Tilray who is off my list of LPs I can work with.

I have been researching all the aspects of GrowYourOwn this week. Its totally legal if you apply to Health Canada for a GIY License. There is also an option where you can designate a third party to grow it for you.
That's pretty cool. I do know about the the GIY and growing cannabis yourself but some people don't have the time or space or another reason that they can't grow their own Cannabis. Letting a third party grow for you is pretty interesting.

I'm with Tweed and you can order from either one.

What I'm interested in is how you can just go to a different LP? I assumed that because I got my licence through a doctor that Tweed hooked me up with, I had to stay with Tweed until the year was over.

Some new to me info on LPs discovered this week:

You can be registered with more than 1 LP at the same time - each needs its own medical document.

You can order plants and seeds from some LPs

There is a process for legal grow your own meds

You can use an LP for interim meds products until the harvest is finished.

Using their doctor creates an understanding to use that LP but there is no legal obligation to do so. You can stop and switch at any time.

The challenge is getting a new medical document every time you want to establish a relationship with an LP.

Ill post some links later, hopefully today.

You can be registered with more than 1 LP at the same time - each needs its own medical document.

Using their doctor creates an understanding to use that LP but there is no legal obligation to do so. You can stop and switch at any time.

The challenge is getting a new medical document every time you want to establish a relationship with an LP.

That's good news.

As far as the medical document goes... isn't the referral signed by my doctor enough? Or would I have to go through the whole process of filling out the applications, etc?

Well, some more news.... now that I'm "legal" to posess cannabis, the next step is to get legal to grow.

My good wife has consented to a grow op in our apartment, as long as its legal and as stealthy as possible.

So, I'm re-arranging furniture trying to find a good location in our little one bedroom apt.

As soon as I have it figured out, I'll start a grow journal.

Hi Sweet Sue,

I am trying to use my RSO oil for insomnia. It is CBD Crew outdoor (70/30 indica/CBD) 5% THC, 5% CBD. I made some tincture with it, 4:1 with olive oil. I also still have the straight RSO oil and some buds that are now 2 years old that will have extra CBN. Last night I tried three drops of the tincture. Felt very relaxed but it didn't put me to sleep. Just wondering if I should try the old bud and if so how? Smoking it will make me too animated I think, should I decarb it and then swallow it? Any advice would be great. The RSO oil is very powerful.
/

That's pretty cool. I do know about the the GIY and growing cannabis yourself but some people don't have the time or space or another reason that they can't grow their own Cannabis. Letting a third party grow for you is pretty interesting.

My husband and I have interpreted the "third party grower" as him growing for me.

Thanks for the info, Oldbear. I didn't know all this. That said, I know what you mean about getting a new medical document every time and potentially a new prescribing doctor, too, right? The doctor who gave me the prescription gave it to me through Tweed. I doubt very much that she would hook me up with another LP. What I really need is a local doctor (not in Thunder Bay like this one is - I had a Skype appointment with her). I wish it wasn't so hard. I just want the natural medicine that I know works. It shouldn't be this hard.

hey that's great. My big challenge for anything indoors is smell. Last spring I had four plants in the cabin. They were about 10 inches tall when the family showed up for Easter weekend. I was nose blind. They weren't so lots of excitement.

They haven't forgotten either, as I was reminded just yesterday.

Do you have a balcony that is south more or less?

I think I'm going with autos. ten weeks mol to a harvest. I think starting one every two weeks will be all I need. Perpetual.

Well, some more news.... now that I'm "legal" to posess cannabis, the next step is to get legal to grow.

My good wife has consented to a grow op in our apartment, as long as its legal and as stealthy as possible.

So, I'm re-arranging furniture trying to find a good location in our little one bedroom apt.

As soon as I have it figured out, I'll start a grow journal.

In my signature there is a link to clinics. What city are you near? Also online and local dispensaries will sign you up based on the LP card.

Thanks for the info, Oldbear. I didn't know all this. That said, I know what you mean about getting a new medical document every time and potentially a new prescribing doctor, too, right? The doctor who gave me the prescription gave it to me through Tweed. I doubt very much that she would hook me up with another LP. What I really need is a local doctor (not in Thunder Bay like this one is - I had a Skype appointment with her). I wish it wasn't so hard. I just want the natural medicine that I know works. It shouldn't be this hard.

Hi Sweet Sue,

I am trying to use my RSO oil for insomnia. It is CBD Crew outdoor (70/30 indica/CBD) 5% THC, 5% CBD. I made some tincture with it, 4:1 with olive oil. I also still have the straight RSO oil and some buds that are now 2 years old that will have extra CBN. Last night I tried three drops of the tincture. Felt very relaxed but it didn't put me to sleep. Just wondering if I should try the old bud and if so how? Smoking it will make me too animated I think, should I decarb it and then swallow it? Any advice would be great. The RSO oil is very powerful.
/

Your buds might not have too much CBN providing they were stored air tight. You will know if they do because they will cause a weed hangover. Regardless, if they were stored sealed, those buds should be fully decarbed. I explain it here: naturally-decarbed-buds-flowers-alternative-decarbed-concentrates
Just use them to make a concentrate utilizing the QWET or QWISO method and you should be good to go! Better yet, eat the raw bud!

Back
Top Bottom