Switch from Soil to Hydro

spysmasherr

Grew in soil using 3 gal buckets-one plant per bucket.
Switching to deep water.
Can I stick 2 plants in a 5 gal bucket? I have room on the lid for it with 3.75" pots. Could get little crowded but what the hey hey hey.
Thanks.

spy

They may fit in the lid but I think you'd have a nightmare in the bucket. I have 2 White Widows currently in deep water and each one has filled the 5 gallon bucket with roots. Theres no way 2 would survive properly, at least not in my system.

I plan to do this as well when I give DWC my first crack. Instead of a bucket, I plan on using a 30G cooler for 2 plants and a 5G pail for my recirc reservoir. Water temps will be my biggest battle and an insulated cooler (and recirc lines) will only help (at least I hope so). Good luck!

Good info. Thanks .. Being first Hydro grow I'll keep it one plant / 5 gallon bucket.
Curious what temp should the water be at?

spy

My water temps run pretty consistently at 69 F this time of year. That seems to work well for me. I've read a few times that a general rule of thumb is high 60's to low 70's.

Good luck with your grow. You should consider starting a journal for your grow. Probably the best way to get help from some of the most knowledgeable here on the site.

No journal here. My revolution won't be televised. I'm a result guy, not a process guy. Now if you saw my journal from 1980..wooooh.

spy

PS Anyone buy some good Gorilla Glue seeds female preferable? Looking for lead....

"¹(-¿-)"º

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▓▒░░▒▓█▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Back
Top Bottom