watering, how much to use?

zierf

how much water should you be giving plants per watering? my soil is 50% soil 50% pelite. I have my plants i 5 gal. Buckets and there is about 4 to 4 1/2 gal. of soil/pelite In each bucket

my plants are just starting the 5th week in flower. And have always splitt up 1 gal. Of water between the 3 of them and have always had run off from all 3. But the last watering i had no run off. Are they drinking more? i have to water every 2 days i can get away with every 3 days but on the 4th you can see that they need water.

The plants get thirsty during this phase of your grow, some people add perlite to there flood table or bottom of the pots. Perlite will reduce the number of times to water.

Good luck on your grow, add some pics and we can all help.
We have some great growers here:slide:

In my opinion, if you don't have any runoff, you need to water more. As your plants (and their buds) get bigger, they do use a LOT more water (and nutrients) than when they're small. Up their watering to 1.5 or 2 gallons. Do you have drip trays under your buckets? If so, adding more water at each watering is easy. I've never OVERwatered, but I've sure UNDERwatered on many occasions. Best of luck on your grow:smokin:

I follow what I learned from my pop, he would water his potted plants until the run off water was as clear as the water he was pouring to rid salts, and plant waste. My dad had the finest non MJ plants I've ever seen.

I do the same thing with my MJ's, both when watering with plain (de clor'd tap water) h20, and when feeding w/nutes for both veg, and flower cycles. In 3 years of growing I haven't had any water related problems with any of my grows.

Re: A Little Footwork will Take You a Long Way here

Zierf, I've read a few of ur questions. The majority of which the answers can be found here>How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know If I can find them so can u. Try researching things a little more before asking ur questions. This is ur grow bud, lets see a little more foot work. To answer this question try here>How do I determine my watering schedule for container plants?

Don't mean to stick my foot in the door but BBA's comment is so true with alot of new growers

More research Needs to be done be done before asking questions that are basic knowledge or easy to seek out. I personally do about 2hr reading on cannabis growing and related things daily may be more.

Back
Top Bottom