The Answer's DIY Kief Box

Hubabuba, Is that just from the trichs squeezed in one of those little presses ? How much kief does it take to make one ? Maybe I'll pick up a screen at Michaels today ..I haven't smoked any hash since forever ! :peace:

Hubabuba, Is that just from the trichs squeezed in one of those little presses ? How much kief does it take to make one ? Maybe I'll pick up a screen at Michaels today ..I haven't smoked any hash since forever ! :peace:

Yes, just the trichs into the press. I had the trim leaves from 2 plants harvested a couple of months ago, about 1/2 freezer bag. Just rubbed the frozen, crumbled trim around for about 7-8 minutes and scraped up a beautiful pile of gold powder. Got a $6 press off e-bay. Each puck weighs 0.4 to 0.8 grams & have made 8 so far. The trim just keeps on giving! Just harvested 4 more plants, nothing is dry yet though.

:thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks: Theanswerto1984is1776!

2-9-10_PUCK2.JPG

:thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks:

Can the powder be added/rolled in joints? Or will it burn too quickly? Just pluck some off the puck? Do both you say? O.K.

No I meant how much of one puck can you smoke at one time.

I don't press my hash/kief yet but I know I add it on top of a bowl and it improves the flavor and the high a lot. Mellows out and elevates.

One puck lasted me about a week. It was really potent and I usually just put a pinch on a bowl pack or two of some dank.

Can the powder be added/rolled in joints? Or will it burn too quickly? Just pluck some off the puck? Do both you say? O.K.

It burns great in a joint, but don't smoke too much!! or it will be space city!! I vaporized some too!:cheesygrinsmiley:

Holy crap fellas, I work at michaels and never thought to do such a thing. A tip to yall as well, every single week just about there is at least a 40% off one item coupon in the sales papers so be on the look out. And sometimes if you're lucky you can find a 50% off the entire order which is a steal. Oh and the system that uses the screen is called the YUDU. So if you cant find it at your local store try searching the interwebs for it.

Holy crap fellas, I work at michaels and never thought to do such a thing. A tip to yall as well, every single week just about there is at least a 40% off one item coupon in the sales papers so be on the look out. And sometimes if you're lucky you can find a 50% off the entire order which is a steal. Oh and the system that uses the screen is called the YUDU. So if you cant find it at your local store try searching the interwebs for it.

Very nice addition to the thread my friend and welcome to 420!!

Nope, I crumble but don't grind. I also freeze it if I'm working the trim or leaves. Seems to help break the trichs off. It's freeze it, work with it for 5 min and then refreeze and either work on the next batch or wait 1/2 hour for it to refreeze. If you get all of it the stuff doesn't even smell anything but green when you are done.

Back
Top Bottom