Planning building a kief catcher

HigherTheHigh

Hello

So as the title states im going to make myself a few kief catchers, i was planning on buying a trim bin with a built in 150 micron kief screen but in my eyes its a dog bed with a hole cut out.

So i have a lot of trim thats full of trichomes, i have around 1kg of dry trim then another 500-1kg of trim, popcorn ect, im only catching the kief of this for the sole purpose of making moon rocks, i have some bud drying now and plan to cure for 6 weeks so by the time iv built my screens and made my oil ill be ready to dust my buds with kief.

So what would be the best micron to go for? or should i go for 2 put a more finer finish on the nug?

Also is there a way of keeping kief fresh? iv heard putting it in the fridge can work but just a rumour.

Thank you, im just planning on letting it go real crispy, blend it up a little then run it through the mesh, whats the ratio you usually get from kief? 1kg of trichome filled tim could produce around 10-50g of kief?

What is the best way to filter them both?

So i could get the trichomes from the plant product? i could maybe do half/half when i dip the buds in oil.

Yeah its Super Skunk, theres a lot that got heat stretch in the buds plenty of trichomes.

Ice water and bubble bags is probably the best way to make hash. Imo. If you just wanna grind up a bunch of trim and put it through a screen there's no point using more than one, you've already destroyed the structures of everything so the screens won't really work properly anymore.

Back
Top Bottom