The Best of Both Worlds with Solar Tubes

WhiteWidow9

I came across something interesting today while looking at lighting options. Solar Tubes are similar to skylights, but instead of a flat or rounded clear panel, it's a tube with mirrors inside that deliver a pretty damn good amount of light from the outdoors into your home. They actually make some specifically to "turn any room into a greenhouse". I'm no expert, and I'm still researching it, but this could enable just about anyone to combine the security, temperature control, and discretion of indoor growing, with the lower cost, large yields, and lower maintenance of outdoor growing. Sounds pretty damn awesome to me.

Hello, Im new to this forum and actually signed up because I can across this while researching using solar tubes for growing. I also found the solar grow light tube that "turns any room into a greenhouse". I recently purchased one. It seems like an excellent way to cut down on electric usage. Installed it myself yesterday and I am axious to see what results I'm going to get. I saw there is a product review area in this forum and I'm planning on tracking my results and posting. I'm thinking it could pay for itself quickly, atleast that is what I'm hoping for. Im not sure what the rules of the forum are as far as posting a link to the one I purchased but I would be happy to let anyone know that is interested. Stay tuned :peace: Sam

StanleySam

How much area does it light up?

Holy Cow!

I got the 10" tube so the optimal growing area is 5'x5'. I found good information on their websize on how to size it for your grow area. Solar Grow Tube Kit | Sun Tube

Thanks for the info ... this is awesome!

clipped from that site

" 24" covers 600 sq. ft. (Of bright light) For Optimum growing of plants coverage is a 20'x20' area. (Lumens up to 16500.) "

Re: Holy Cow!

Thanks for the info ... this is awesome!

clipped from that site

" 24" covers 600 sq. ft. (Of bright light) For Optimum growing of plants coverage is a 20'x20' area. (Lumens up to 16500.) "

I'm thinking the biggest one would be ok for supplemental light. They say up to 16500 lumens which is equivalent to a 150w HPS. When they say up to 16500 lumens, I'm thinking they take that measurement right under the dome connected to the tube. So if your plants are 7ft below,,,,,not knowing the math but I'm going to assume they are receiving squat.

I looked into these when I wanted to add light to my shower,,,,I take a shower every morning not just for hygiene purposes but I cant wake up without one, I would be in a zombie state all day if I didnt.........So I thought about upping my wake up regimen with some sunlight shinning into my shower.........Then of course this led to me thinking about using them in the grow room.....Which would be great for house plants but not so great for something you want to pound with light while in flower. Dont think it would be much different then putting a plant in a window,,,,,lots of stretch and small scraggly buds.

Re: Holy Cow!

I'm thinking the biggest one would be ok for supplemental light. They say up to 16500 lumens which is equivalent to a 150w HPS. When they say up to 16500 lumens, I'm thinking they take that measurement right under the dome connected to the tube. So if your plants are 7ft below,,,,,not knowing the math but I'm going to assume they are receiving squat.

I also thought of only supplemental ... just getting some nice natural sun bouncing around the room sounds great

Hey , guys .What do you think about indoor growing with HGT new LED .
This is the results we get from their LED light ,what do you think about that?
https://i1149.photobucket.com/album...ting LED grow light/Riviewaboutourproduct.jpg

Not sure why you pop in with LEDs in this post. I grow with LEDs and am pretty happy so far. I am still new at it and have not compiled enough data to reference ... yet. I do not know about the lights above and can't talk about my current panels due to the company I foolishly purchased them from but soon I will have some new panels to talk about ... meanwhile I give you S Girl as an example of how they are working so far

DSC_6452_lvl.jpg

Not sure why you pop in with LEDs in this post. I grow with LEDs and am pretty happy so far. I am still new at it and have not compiled enough data to reference ... yet. I do not know about the lights above and can't talk about my current panels due to the company I foolishly purchased them from but soon I will have some new panels to talk about ... meanwhile I give you S Girl as an example of how they are working so far

DSC_6452_lvl.jpg

He/she is just spamming the boards to get hits on a web page, I wont name. Check the users posts, all written today saying the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom