The Correct Way to Flush Step by Step, Ur Help is needed

BWC BayArea

Member of the Month: 3rd Place Winner
This has been something I hve been unclear on for some time. How do u correctly flush indoors with potted plants in soil/soiless media? I realize that the water should be RO or distilled but tap water left out overnight is also acceptable. I think we can all agree up to this point with very few arguments (from those who advocate flushing). I would like to know how exactly to administer the flush. Obviously I'm not gonna dump 5-10 gals of water over 1-5gal pots at once. So how is the water administered? When feeding I try to wait 15 mins before next application of nutes to give it time to work its way thru the medium, just how I was taught. Should I do the same when I flush? I really need an answer now but I want this to be what newbies look at to get this question answered. Not 21 different threads with 10 different answers. So moderators and pros please help!! My plant is still draining it media as we speak. When flushing to treat a deficiency how do u go about it? I've read that ur supposed to flush with water 1st then with a light nute blend (1/4 to 1/2 strength). But again I'd like to know how often to apply how much during the flush. Thanks guys. Let try to get ALL of the info we can and maybe we can make this a sticky so people can stop asking.

This is frustrating

Wow, 9 views and not one response. Either 9 other people are looking for the same answer, no one knows, or no 1 cares to help. That's effed up. Its good I did what I did, but what about all the other people that want to know as well. It'd be cool to hear from some1 other than staff (staff ur input is always welcome).

use 3-5 times the volume of the planter. Apply all at once, but slowly. I reccomend taking a runoff ph reading with the first bit of runoff, then another with the last bit. If your ph begins to equalize, meaning the runoff ph to come back to your flushing water ph, then you've done it right. With soil/soiless, I'm a strong believer in multiple flushes...every 3-4 days for the last two weeks of your grow.

Many different schools of thought there. The last 2-3 weeks of flowering the buds will pack on a substantial percentage of their weight so you don't want to do it to soon and take away the nutes when they need it most. On the other hand you don't want to wait to long to start the flushing process either. Best advice...watch your plants very closely, and as the swell subsides, start the flush.

Back
Top Bottom