The DIY COB Addiction

That's the PDF I have on laptop. They don't let them run constantly. I just dropped my drivers down to 120watts a piece, and I'm still reading 600 at over 24 inches away, these chips have some balls
420-magazine-mobile353647103.jpg

I'm running this whole tent at 175w across 9 COBs. 4 V29 and 6V18's
420-magazine-mobile1263266169.jpg

That's too powerful. You'll fry your chips. You'd need the SST x $30 heatsinks.
HLG 185h-c1400b. 200w total. 50w per cob. SST120mm heatsink.
Cheapest route.

Instead of running 36v chips really hard why don't you go up a class to the B series and run 4 Vero 29 B series (52v) on a HLG 320h-c1400 for 60-63w per chip and 12,000 lumens each. You can use the SST 133mm for almost 50,000 lumens on a 4 cob string.
You can get the B chip for the same price as the D chip at Future Electronics.
Futur électronics only whole sale in have to buy 50 cobs -_-

Hey jimmy, rapid led has the hlg480h-c1400b for $139. Is the shipping high from states to Canada
Not too bad. Use usps and there wont be any extra fees.. I had a very heavy box and i didn't think it was that bad..
Cheers

My question about that is if 2100ma is the tested drive current for that chip and it has a Mac of like 4000 something why would that be driving them 2 hard.. That's kind of what I was gonna do too
You'll be ok at 79w and 2100ma on the vero29 d.. Ive seen a few setups on this driver.. But as was stated, i would get the 140mm heatsinks and run a fan up at the top of the tent like this..
420-magazine-mobile90115141.jpg

I ran mine at 62w for an hour or 2 yesterday.. Not that much warmer than 50w.. You'll be ok and get some serious light..
Cheers

Im loving the 2700/90's buck...
Can definitely see the difference .
420-magazine-mobile420436247.jpg

Shitty thing with mixing spectrums is i always feel as if i should be rotating the plants.. Im happy with the units now.. I may add some eb stips when they come out with 90cri versions...
420-magazine-mobile1604946673.jpg

50w per cob..
420-magazine-mobile296380019.jpg

I might for fan heatsink combo, it's even cheaper than pin fin passive heat sink they might cost me 15$ can plus a small driver, the one i was looking for were drawing 2w power each fan so it's not power consumming

Yeah I happend to read one of your post from like 6 months ago when I guess you was still kind of new to the cobs as well and seen where you said this was your first build without frying your chips so I'm assuming you have been there and done that and have came along way in that time, I'm just glad to be able to learn from people like you and want you to know all of us that are new to diy game appreciate yall for your time and patience and vast amount of information that yall provide

Yes. No good.
Heatsinks are very important.
They are difficult to get in Europe.
Cutter is your best bet.
IceLED cooler for Vero 29.
It is an heatsink and before saying it's not good do you have some data to show or exprerience with ?

Cause it can keep a CPU cool while producing way more heat than a COB ?

In theory, If a small cheap cpu cooler can cool cobs, a big expensive one can cool them too i think.

But i would make shure some air moving round it like in a computer case. How much watt its rated for? How do you want to mount it?

Back
Top Bottom