The Kindness of a Stranger Grow

thank you for the reps sparky!

How fast do spider mites migrate? Well I saw a web with little white bugs on the GDP re-veg. Mites came to mind first so I bought some Mighty Wash and dunked the whole veg crew. today I was convinced they were white spiders from the cellar when I noticed the tell tale spots on the scream or blue dream that went to flower this week. I pulled both and dunked. I couldn't find and signs on the rest of the plants in either tent just those three. every one not deep into flower was dunked once and will get two more one tomorrow and one two days later. I sprayed the remaining plants in the flower tent with Neem solution washed down the trays and tent with it too. I am hoping the two in the tent for 1-2 days kept the bug to themselves and or my treatment will stop them before they get to the budding plants. Any thought on courses of action are as always appreciated. :peace:

For Spider Mites:
3 Full-Flavor cigarettes soak them over night in water (Keep the water and use it below, throw the cigs away.).
3 cloves of garlic
2 small cayenne peppers or any other small, hot pepper available to you.

Finely chop all ingredients.
Combine all in a medium saucepan with 5 cups cold water.
Bring to a boil, reduce heal and simmer for 5 minutes.
Remove from heat, and let completely cool to room temperature.
Strain first through a wire strainer, then through a coffee filter.
Add 2-3 drops of liquid dish soap to the mixture.(FOR WASHING BY HAND, NOT MACHINE)
Pour into spray bottle and soak tops, undersides, soil, and anything around the plants.
Set in FULL SUN to dry.
Repeat as needed, up to 3 to 4 times a week.

Yikes! That is a frighteningly smelly remedy, I would think!
I hate bugs.. NEVER SURRENDER..

AH! a spider! :surrender:

spider good.
mite bad.

I bought Mighty Wash and Dipped them every other day three times. After the first I never saw any more but I read the second gets new hatched eggs and the third is incase there were any late hatching eggs. So far so good! I also sprayed the whole area with a free sample of neem oil the store gave me.
Garlic and hot peppers yum! will keep that in the cupboard for the future thanks J

Yikes! That is a frighteningly smelly remedy, I would think!
I hate bugs.. NEVER SURRENDER..

AH! a spider! :surrender:

Actually... with just the three cloves to 5 cups of water, it doesn't stink as bad as one would think. Plus the garlic gets "cooked" so the smell sweetens a bit. It reminds me of driving through Gilmore California, only less potent.

Never too much garlic!!! One of my favorite things about cooking is the smell of garlic on my hands for hours. But I am 75% Italian so I use tons of it and may have a high tolerance built into my DNA.

Due to a scary lack of meds the tiny little GDP 3 was chopped yesterday (photo below). No clear trics were seen all cloudy and GDP 2 is two weeks away with a 10" main cola with branching #1 never developed. #1 was cut and smoked last week but forgot photos. It was the best thing to come out of my tent to date.:green_heart:'d it! Super high and great pain relief. Chopped cosmic brain 1 today, 45G or so wet and half the buds are full of seeds. The top looks nice and seed free though so between her, GDP 3, H1 drying & H2 1-2 weeks out(both seedy hermys lower half too) that will get me through to a good dry on GDP 2.
GDP 3 one bud plant 8G wet:
IMAG11161.jpg

The photo doesn't do the bud justice! it is super frosty but if not at an angle with flash off the cell phone lites it up like a Christmas tree in a snow storm. It's a shame I cant post the 3D pics my phone takes, they're pretty trippy. Not being able to share them makes having a 3D phone kind of useless but I fell for the hype when it came out:peacetwo:

its ok she is one purdy nug!
my phone has a button that you press and it redials the number from before! oh and it dont even have a chord! so I feel ya on the hype thing:)

The cola of GDP2 was ready but the lower stuff wasn't so I chopped it off put clone jelly on the wound and bandaged it up. Was it needed- I don't know, was it beneficial- I don't know but it seemed like a good idea at the time. I lifted the 2.5 gal bucket up and the lower half left is in full light until she loses the clear trics. I ordered my first seeds ever and hope they arrive soon the veg tent is emptying out quick. I think the second and last "The Scream is showing as a boy but the first Blue Dream may be female. There is two female gifts and one unknown gift, one other Blue Dream and three bagseed fillers. I ordered 5 feminized AK-48 and will get 10 unknown freebies from Nirvana so I will hold off three more days before germing any of the Cosmic brain or hash tasting bag seed that hemied on me. I now think it is the genetics not a light leak since the second of both hermed too at the same point in flower. I spent a week pulling pods off CB2 and she has just upper buds with no further sign of maleness on daily searches and she is looking wonderful. :peace:

I like the AK48 just resist the urge to pull it. it will give a nice buzz and you may think its done.
mine finished in 7 weeks but I should have let her go another week maybe 2.
very sticky and a good body buzz. good luck with the way you do it:)

Flags at half mast here today as "The Scream 2" is a boy as I feared and he was put to death.:byebye::rip:
A swag was moved to take his place to keep 12 plants in the tent. I am down to 1 Blue dream and 1 unknown gift in the veg tent along with three more swag-lings. I was hoping the seeds would arrive yesterday but that was best case guess from their "tribute emails" so I knew it wasn't realistic and they estimate 15 days and it's been only 10 or 11. The Cosmic brain 2 has the tightest white afro buds but not much aroma yet and gift 1 is right with her only smaller budding (still sweet). I still see no male parts on CB2 and only one or two seeds on her at all. I think my eliminating the lower buds and the hermi buds worked like lollipoping and let the end buds outgrow the gift 1 which I did not thin out. Could anyone tell me, Do the pollen sacs keep coming back throughout flower? They came back once but not since.
Also last week I added Diamond Nectar to the GH line up only flora blend and flora nectar left and I will be using all the additives they got. but I have seen a noticeable difference in how the plants react. I have gotten better growth, frostier buds, massive root development and no matter how much extra I may spill in I have not have any nute burn. I know the last ones just luck but I'll take it.:peace:

Tent report, this morning swag 1 and gift 2 showed as girls:goof:. 2 swag and 1 blue dream left to show. will get glamour shots of the girls this weekend sometime between pumpkin picking, soccer games, gymnastics....... How can a 4 yr old do so much! GDP well she just looks yummy hairs are turning and she is clouding up nicely. I flushed her with two gal with FloraKleen added per instructions and hope to chop her with in a few days. The top half of her I cut off last week will be done just in time to smoke on the 8th, gotta have good smoke on the first birthday smoking bud legally after going on 35 years of doing so. Off to soccer have a great day guys.:peacetwo:

Oh and I have to pray to the gods of power. They're forecasting wide spread power outages from the storm coming monday-ish. Please keep your fingers crossed. I totally forgot about power loss. If my brother in law doesn't lose his he just bought a portable generator but last year he was out for a week from Irene and I was down for 3-4 days. The price of living near the coast I guess, 5 min drive to the beach in the summer and hurricane damage in the fall. Some companies wouldn't insure us without shutters to cover the windows during storms.

Trying to get better pics with this phone:
IMAG11473.jpg

This bud broke off while I was inspecting. After carving the pumpkin and making parm/oregano seeds for my daughter my back is a bit unstable and lost my balance. It's all good and she loves her first "jack-o-lantern"
IMAG11313.jpg

IMAG11303.jpg

Yeah, it isn't the camera this time, it doesn't look much better in person except to a 4 yr old and that all that counts tonight. Happy Halloween:hippy:

Back
Top Bottom