The Lost Tribe Of Hashish Eaters

BhangMan

420 Member
Hi,

I'm wondering if there are any hashish eaters out there? I know there must be.

I ate my first sliver of fine Turkish hashish back in 1981. Since then I've eaten a lot more because, for me, there's no other stone like it. There have been large gaps of time now and again when good hashish from Morocco, Afghanistan, Lebanon, and Turkey were nearly impossible to get your hands on in your travels. But now that we've got partial municipal legalization and the ability to grow a limited number of medicinal plants, I can do it from home.

I'm working hard on reviving the dying practice of eating hashish as the original Hashishins of so long ago started. Someone who not only makes it, but eats it and gets it into various types of medicinal teas.

If you're an experienced hashish eater, or even a hash maker starting to evolve your use of and modes of medicine delivery, jump right in with anything topical.

If you've never experienced eating hashish, have you consumed other forms of edibles? What were your experiences, good or bad?

Always be easy,

BhangMan

Hi,

I ate my first sliver of fine Turkish hashish back in 1981. Since then I've eaten a lot more because, for me, there's no other stone like it. There have been large gaps of time now and again when good hashish from Morocco, Afghanistan, Lebanon, and Turkey were nearly impossible to get your hands on in your travels. But now that we've got partial municipal legalization and the ability to grow a limited number of medicinal plants, I can do it from home.

I'm working hard on reviving the dying practice of eating hashish as the original Hashishins of so long ago started. Someone who not only makes it, but eats it and gets it into various types of medicinal teas.

If you're an experienced hashish eater, or even a hash maker starting to evolve your use of and modes of medicine delivery, jump right in with anything topical.

If you've never experienced eating hashish, have you consumed other forms of edibles? What were your experiences, good or bad?

Always be easy,

BhangMan
Not too sure if I've eaten hash or not. The first time I had an edible was watching a football game between Louisville and U of Kentucky. That was sometime in the late 70's. Only problem was we (me and a couple of buddy's) forget about the game and spent most of the time talking about the cloud formation overhead.
Over the past years I usually turn down most edibles because most people make them with cookie mix which they usually put too much sugar in the mix.
I'm looking for a recipe on how to make bread, rolls, cornbread into a edible. Nothing like fresh baked bread just out of the oven.
Incidently BhangMan, I like your post.

Got a batch of brownies with some friends for the Arcata 420 fest in redwood park many years ago. The guys who made them were mixing up huge batches of butter in a literal cauldron. Supposedly it worked out to 1oz of weed per brownie.

We each ate a whole brownie in the morning and started walking into town for the festival. We only got halfway there when they kicked in. By the time we got there we were so stoned we were all crawling on the sidewalk, following the seam line in the concrete trying to go straight :lot-o-toke:.

They had a 20 person vape hookah set up in a tent in the park, that's about all I can remember that I'm sure was real. Our friend Noah made it home 2 days later, the back of his afro all flattened out. He fell asleep on a toilet with his head against the wall and was out for about 30 hours :rofl:.

Not too sure if I've eaten hash or not. The first time I had an edible was watching a football game between Louisville and U of Kentucky. That was sometime in the late 70's. Only problem was we (me and a couple of buddy's) forget about the game and spent most of the time talking about the cloud formation overhead.
Over the past years I usually turn down most edibles because most people make them with cookie mix which they usually put too much sugar in the mix.
I'm looking for a recipe on how to make bread, rolls, cornbread into a edible. Nothing like fresh baked bread just out of the oven.
Incidently BhangMan, I like your post.
Were those brownies that you had for the football game? Back then I think a lot of people around my corner of the chaos in New England whipped up a batch of pot laced brownies. Those were good, too!

I have not made breads. I know for sure there are people who have canna incorporation recipes for cranberry bread, banana bread, and ginger bread. I'm not sure about regular varieties like country white and sourdough, etc. But, I'm sure it can be done. With hash, you can whip up any baking goodie you want, really. You just have to be careful on how much you use and how much you eat.

At some point dosing won't be such an issue. I totally agree that it defeats the purpose if you're so stoned you're pretty much locked in the AltLife room for the next 8 to 10 hours -- possibly longer, even. It's best when your edibles start in about an hour and end in about three or maybe four. Once you plateau, coming down is slow and gentle. Not to mention very effective if you're dosing for pain, anxiety, or even stamina.

I agree about the sugar content in things, too. I use about half the sugar the recipe calls for in my chocolate chip cookies. Those happen to be what the people I know like the best. But I've made all sorts of treats now. Teas, soups, and stews will now be added to my mix as we turn into the deep Fall and Winter months.

Thanks for hopping in, @garybo! Nice to meet you.

Got a batch of brownies with some friends for the Arcata 420 fest in redwood park many years ago. The guys who made them were mixing up huge batches of butter in a literal cauldron. Supposedly it worked out to 1oz of weed per brownie.

We each ate a whole brownie in the morning and started walking into town for the festival. We only got halfway there when they kicked in. By the time we got there we were so stoned we were all crawling on the sidewalk, following the seam line in the concrete trying to go straight :lot-o-toke:.

They had a 20 person vape hookah set up in a tent in the park, that's about all I can remember that I'm sure was real. Our friend Noah made it home 2 days later, the back of his afro all flattened out. He fell asleep on a toilet with his head against the wall and was out for about 30 hours :rofl:.

Hey, Bradda --

An ounce of weed per brownie! My gawd, man -- that will pack you with a serious punch if the genetics on the plant used were good. That must have been quite a trip on that day.

Once I ate about a quarter gram of Moroccan hash before going to see drag races up in Loudon New Hampshire. In about two hours all I remember doing was sitting on a spot of grass in front of the gate "vibrating" as the cars smoked their tires and peeled off through the light tree. I remember the thunderous sounds, of course. But I also remember the vibrant colors and dreamlike haze of the cars racing off into the swirl of gasses rising off the hot tar.

Eating the stuff makes for very different outdoor adventures. Especially when you're adding to the experience with other things as the day goes on. Noah went deep! 30 hours is such a long time to be locked. It sounds like his afro came into good use as a pillow, though!

Were those brownies that you had for the football game?
Yes they were brownies, back in those days it was the big deal.

To change the subject a little, the little lady and me visited some friends several years ago, one of the guest brought some cookies which were supposedly laced with pot, we tried a piece which just did not taste just right. Later that evening we found out the cookie was lased with something called "angle dust". Not sure what angle dust was but it pissed me off that we were mislead about the ingredient. Neither of us took any drugs, just pot and occasionally a "black beauty". For those that don't know, black beauty is a prescription drug to make you loose weight, it also gave the recipient a lot of energy which is nice when partying into the wee-late hours.
From that time on we (she and I) made sure what we were consuming, including pot, which some-people like to add chemicals to the pot to give it some extra punch. Not our style.

Thanks for hopping in, @garybo! Nice to meet you.
It was fun "hopping in" to your post and good to have met you as well.
Keep up the dialog's.
garybo.

I am not into edibles but many an afternoon I light one up and start assembling ingredients for the meal. That buzz helps come up with some great dinners. I was under the impression that all that is needed is the basic bread recipe, knowing how many servings, how much weed per person/serving and then add the right amount of weed.

What might be tasty would be a jalapeno cornbread. Usually the jalapeno is diced up and mixed in but some people use jalapeno rings or slices. Some recipes call for adding grape jelly and our recommendation is to put small dollops of jelly in and stir it just enough to make smaller drops of jelly but not mix it so much that the jelly cannot be seen. The grape jelly accents the jalapeno without making it seem like it is burning hot. Plus it will mask the taste of the weed for those who object to how ground up weed tastes.

Yes they were brownies, back in those days it was the big deal.

To change the subject a little, the little lady and me visited some friends several years ago, one of the guest brought some cookies which were supposedly laced with pot, we tried a piece which just did not taste just right. Later that evening we found out the cookie was lased with something called "angle dust". Not sure what angle dust was but it pissed me off that we were mislead about the ingredient. Neither of us took any drugs, just pot and occasionally a "black beauty". For those that don't know, black beauty is a prescription drug to make you loose weight, it also gave the recipient a lot of energy which is nice when partying into the wee-late hours.
From that time on we (she and I) made sure what we were consuming, including pot, which some-people like to add chemicals to the pot to give it some extra punch. Not our style.

It was fun "hopping in" to your post and good to have met you as well.
Keep up the dialog's.
garybo.
Yikes, angel dust is definitely not something I'd like to have in my cookies! I'm an all natural grower and an all natural user. One of the great things about hashish is that I don't need anything to make it. Some people are using various forms of chemical extraction, but this is really unnecessary to the point of being ridiculous. If you have top shelf hashish, you've got a strong enough concentrate. There's no need to try to get more out of it. It's just fine and natural the way it is. Sure, it's got fibrous residue. Yep, it's got some other naturally occurring "contaminants" that some people would not have. But, it's just fine and potent enough on its own to knock anyone out of the park, into the halogens, and through a stranger's apartment window onto the cushions of a plush living room couch.

For me, the bottom line is to be very clean and very careful. It used to be buying hashish came with its own serious consequences. Many times it was smuggled around in the digestive tract of some "runner" who sometimes didn't care how the stuff was unpacked. Loads of people got all sorts of fecal born illnesses as a result.

No, hashsish needs to be as pure and as close to "in tact" as possible. At least that's the way I feel about it.

I am not into edibles but many an afternoon I light one up and start assembling ingredients for the meal. That buzz helps come up with some great dinners. I was under the impression that all that is needed is the basic bread recipe, knowing how many servings, how much weed per person/serving and then add the right amount of weed.

What might be tasty would be a jalapeno cornbread. Usually the jalapeno is diced up and mixed in but some people use jalapeno rings or slices. Some recipes call for adding grape jelly and our recommendation is to put small dollops of jelly in and stir it just enough to make smaller drops of jelly but not mix it so much that the jelly cannot be seen. The grape jelly accents the jalapeno without making it seem like it is burning hot. Plus it will mask the taste of the weed for those who object to how ground up weed tastes.
Cornbread is a great one. I might try that soon. One of the reasons besides potency I like to make edibles with hashish is because of the taste cooking with only weed. Cooking with hashish blends in nicely with ingredients. Especially things like cookies, brownies, and cakes of all kinds. Almost can't detect the taste of hashish at all if it's good stuff and the food was prepared right.

Yikes, angel dust is definitely not something I'd like to have in my cookies! I'm an all natural grower and an all natural user. One of the great things about hashish is that I don't need anything to make it. Some people are using various forms of chemical extraction, but this is really unnecessary to the point of being ridiculous. If you have top shelf hashish, you've got a strong enough concentrate. There's no need to try to get more out of it. It's just fine and natural the way it is. Sure, it's got fibrous residue. Yep, it's got some other naturally occurring "contaminants" that some people would not have. But, it's just fine and potent enough on its own to knock anyone out of the park, into the halogens, and through a stranger's apartment window onto the cushions of a plush living room couch.

For me, the bottom line is to be very clean and very careful. It used to be buying hashish came with its own serious consequences. Many times it was smuggled around in the digestive tract of some "runner" who sometimes didn't care how the stuff was unpacked. Loads of people got all sorts of fecal born illnesses as a result.

No, hashsish needs to be as pure and as close to "in tact" as possible. At least that's the way I feel about it.
BhangMan, What is, if any, the difference between marijuana and hash? I though they were sort of the same.

BhangMan, What is, if any, the difference between marijuana and hash? I though they were sort of the same.
Hashish is a concentrated form of cannabis resin that is extracted from leaves and buds through various methods. In my case, I'm now using a cold water extraction method made popular by Frenchy Cannoli. For many years in the past, though, I've used a sieving method taught to me by a guy who was on his way out when I was on my way in. I used to use a combination of fine screens to collect resin "pollen" then press it together. Some people are using 2000 lb. and greater presses these days. But even that doesn't need to be done.

Check out some YouTube vids on hashish. A lot of the younger folks are picking up on Frenchy's teachings. I don't think making temple balls or pressed bricks is going anywhere anytime soon. In fact, I think the Hashish revolution is just in its infancy, still in utero.

Check out some YouTube vids on hashish.
I will do exactly that. I have been wondering what to do with left-over pot from last year. I'll probably give most of it away to some vets that live here in our area, but save some for practice making hash, before tapping into this years crop.
Thanks

I will do exactly that. I have been wondering what to do with left-over pot from last year. I'll probably give most of it away to some vets that live here in our area, but save some for practice making hash, before tapping into this years crop.
Thanks
You bet. Of course, I highly recommend using your trim to make hash. Once you learn to make it and get it right, you'll wonder why you've never done it before.

Good luck on your first sieve!

Here's a very short video that is very close in showing how I used to make hashish back in the 90's into the 2000's. Before micron value nylon and stainless steel mesh was utilized, special graded linen cloths were used. This video brings back lots of memories. I wasn't using exactly this method as I didn't have a massive press like that -- but all the rest is damn near exact to my very old process.

Back 1972 -78 I had a great hash connection and was getting a pound a week. We got rid of most of it but we made killer hash brownies and chocolate chip cookies. We started out way too strong and had a few rough "trips" LOL!!! But i finally got it tweaked and off I went. We would bake several batches at a time and freeze a lot of it for later. That way the neighborhood would only stick for a little bit. It is a wonderful buzz and toasted you for hours. Now that VA is allowing us to grow, well - I see hash in my cookies!!! We mainly were getting Morrocan black and blonde Lebanese.

Oh, man! Thanks for sharing your experience. I knew there must be more people out there who have had the full on rush of eating hash and edibles made with it.

It was particularly nice to hear someone else has had “too much” at once. Almost everyone I know now has no clue what I’m talking about. In fact, other than a handful of very close friends, all other people I know who are active users of cannabis simply don’t get it. But, it can and does happen if you get the right type of hashish either on its own or blended and processed into food products.

1979 was the first year I smoked cannabis. It wasn’t too long after that I came across a guy who had these beautiful quarter pound bricks of stamped Moroccan hashish. One night I didn’t have a way to smoke it without alerting my parents, so I ate a sliver. I was up until 2:00 a.m. trying to figure out how to rig an antenna wire to an old TV to bring in the Twilight Zone reruns running at the time.

Eating hashish is definitely a heavy experience and not for the sensitive or inexperienced. That’s for damn sure. If you can use it right, it is an outstanding way to deliver super high quality aid to anxiety, depression, lack of focus, and all sorts of other human crap we tend to dislike.

Hi,

Always be easy,

BhangMan
I first ate hash in 1973 I was 18 flying to Iowa and I was nervous the flight was great and I've eaten since ever since then Stoner Is my last name Craig Alan or C, A, Stoner

Hello Mr. Stoner!

Now there's something I haven't done yet. A flight high on hash!

It's looking like eating hashish was starting to catch on between the early 70s and early 80s. But then it died off. Probably because all of a sudden the quality hashish from overseas became a lot more difficult to come across. Those were the days, though. A gram of fine hashish would go a long way.

I :love: hash. It's why I picked my username. However, I haven't eaten any hash since 2016 when I ate 1/3 gram before seeing Guns 'n Roses. I didn't feel well during the concert and actually ended up fainting. I doubt it had anything to do with the hash though. We had floor seats and it was really hot and I hadn't been drinking enough water as it was up a lot of stairs to the restrooms so I think I just got dehydrated and overheated.

I used to heat up some coconut oil in a tablespoon and added the hash to that. After it had melted sufficiently, I mixed it with chocolate sauce and peanut butter.

I haven't made hash yet. I know it's not hard. I just haven't gotten to it yet. I also want to learn how to make concentrated cannabis oil.

I :love: hash. It's why I picked my username. However, I haven't eaten any hash since 2016 when I ate 1/3 gram before seeing Guns 'n Roses. I didn't feel well during the concert and actually ended up fainting. I doubt it had anything to do with the hash though. We had floor seats and it was really hot and I hadn't been drinking enough water as it was up a lot of stairs to the restrooms so I think I just got dehydrated and overheated.

I used to heat up some coconut oil in a tablespoon and added the hash to that. After it had melted sufficiently, I mixed it with chocolate sauce and peanut butter.

I haven't made hash yet. I know it's not hard. I just haven't gotten to it yet. I also want to learn how to make concentrated cannabis oil.
Coconut oil is something I used to use all the time. For some reason, I don’t know if it’s my personal chemistry or whatever, that oil seems to work best.

You know, too, I think it might actually be possible to dose yourself so high that your could pass out under the right situations. Dehydration being one. I’ve definitely had to “sit down” more than a couple of times while waiting to peak. That’s the thing with eating hashish: if you don’t know how far what you just ate is going to take you, it is going to be happy to inform you over the course of the next few hours. The actual peak of the high is out of your control. No way to Starbuck or Red Bull your ass out of it – you’re going. Buckle up and find a decent pair of shades.

If you end up liking hash production you’ll be the better for it. At the very least it gives you one more way to administer the types of effects you’ve grown out. You can smoke it, you can eat it, you can mix it in treats or brew it in a tea. Hashish is all good, so go for it, HashGirl!

Back
Top Bottom