The Mountain: Grow Support From The Over 50 Club

hey yall. I just want some opinions on something. its my first time growing indoors and i got a 150W hps with 1-45W cfl 2-20Wcfl and 1-15W cfl. right now im using a closet that is 6.5ft long 3.5ft wide and 8.5ft tall. I want to know how many plants i can grow using what I have. if the closet is too big i do have another closet i could use but would prefer not to because its only big enough for maybe 3 plants if that and my goal is 5 plants but would really want atleast 4. for now i got 1 spanish seeds purple auto and 1 sensi seed ak auto and my goal is to add 2 super silver haze auto and 1 bc bud the purps cuz i want one plant going thats not an auto. so please let me know what you all think would love to get some opinions. if need be i can add 2 more 15w cfl but would prefer not to. this indoor growing is new to me and im finding out quick thats its def much harder than i thought so the less lights i have to work with the better. happy growing everyone!
You should have plenty of room for what you want to do.
I am not sure about the lighting tho Iam running a 400 HPS it's good for about 4 sqft

Your closet, 6.5x3.5x8.5 will have the room for your 5 plants. 5 photo period plants should fit in your space. My square foot area is very similar to yours. My room is 7x7, but I just use the back half, 7x3 to grow in. Room is painted ceiling white and I use 2 300 watt LED`s (Advance Diamond Series 300`s) as my light source. Have had, IMO, great results. Can`t really comment on you lights as I`m not familiar with using them. Peace.

High on the mountain this evening and all`s well, as well as can be anyways. Wake and bake with the Widow first thing this morning and all day long. The bitch got ahold of me and won`t let go. Gotta enjoy the ride. Here we go again, hang on, don`t let the Widow buck ya off.

In my humble opinion, 150w HPS is going to cover about 2ft wide X 2ft deep X 5ft high space, anything bigger than that is going to have diminishing returns. Not saying it won't work, just that you will not get the most potential out of your grow. Still worth doing though! I wish I had your indoor space.

I upgraded to a 400W HPS and also have 4 cfls that equal another 100W so would that be sufficent for atleast 4 plants maybe 5? Just dont want to waste any seeds since there so exspensive these days by trying to grow more than im equipped for.

I have been bottom watering for many years. Someone must have forgot to tell me that it was a bad idea. :rofl:

:hmmmm: my procedure...I pour the water in the tray at the bottom and let the water wick up into the soil. I do this with all my other plants as well. Including house plants, Veggies, etc. :peace: :Namaste:

Bottom watering. That's the way I was taught by my mother but never thought to apply it to cannabis. Looked at your journal last night ColoradoKid, as i am about to embark on my first auto grow...a great help.

But, my question here is: If you bottom water, how do you know How Much is Enough?

I have just learned not to over water (first grow) and so am floored about this new information. I was raised bottom watering all indoor plants - never occurred to me to approach cannabis this way!

:thedoubletake:

hey yall got another question. Im having a huge problem with the white fluffy cotton things that float around this time of year. They keep hitting my plants and getting stuck to the buds and i cant get them off. If there is any trick to protecting my plants or getting these off the buds pleeeaase let me know because they are driving me nuts. I got rid of any potential threat of them in my yard but they come from all over the place. Help me!!

hey yall got another question. Im having a huge problem with the white fluffy cotton things that float around this time of year. They keep hitting my plants and getting stuck to the buds...

That's the fuzz from cottonwood trees. Thus their name. I can't think of a practical way to keep it off your buds, though. It'll stop soon.
Harvest is coming! :ganjamon:

Edit, upon reflection, it occurs to me that cottonwood fuzz appears in late spring, not late summer. So I don't know what it is.

Hey listen2marley, those white fluffy cotton things you are describing could be coming from a variety of trees and plants, it is a natural, seasonal thing. You cannot stop or control it, so you really shouldn't stress about it. Have fun and enjoy the natural process, see where it goes and learn from it. Hope this helps!

that you for the insight my question is more so is there anyway to clean them off of the buds once they are there. dont want some cotton ruining my delicious buds. iv tried to pick some off but i keep pulling out pistils and thats onv not a good thing. also does anyone know of a small bright red and blue bug thats attracted to cannabis plants? they're really cool looking but im not sure if they are hurting helping or neither. I think they might be called a red striped leafhopper or candy stiped or something along those lines? thanks for the help all. nothing better than having a mountain to go to ;)

Clean yr budz afterwards. Look up Doc Bud's technique in Harvest section.

IMG_134218.JPG

Dear Mountain,

I have issues, big issues. Please look at my photos. ph issue? nute lockup? fungus? Girl scout cookies in FFOG soil been using FF big bloom and tiger bloom. Also used cam/mag with ro water. These clones were very hard to come by and I want to save these pants so I can rejuvenate after flowering for cloning. I welcome any and all help.

IMG_134326.JPG

ok, now I can see it better. how big are these pots? how big is the plant? might be PH issue or phosphorus lockout, but I still think you caught fungus cause dying leaves are very spread out on your plant. might tell you more if I see a picture of a whole plant taken from the top as well as from the bottom.

The pots are about 3 gallon I think, I get them free from a nursery. The plants are maybe 24" tall. I have removed some of the dying leaves so it doesn't lookk bad right now, except I've about half of the fan leaves. It appears that little rust colored spots form on healthy leaves, then it gets worse until the leaf turns yellow, brown and the leaf curls up, twists around a bit then dies. Thank you for your interest and help.
IMG_134721.JPG

IMG_134623.JPG

More pics to follow.

Ok, it's not a fungus. Yr plants looks very healthy and yellowing is at the bottom, so for my money it's just a light phosphorus lockout. Don't worry bout it too much.

I sure hope it isn't a fungus. Thanks for your opinion, I sure respect it. I'm watching these girls like a hawk right now. I've had to remove several fan leaves from these plants. Hopefully they're on the mend.

Back
Top Bottom