The Mustard Tiger's First Dirty Indoor LED Grow - Fall 2016 - Extra Greasy!

Flowering Day 50

Hello everyone! Welcome to December!:welcome::xmas:

It's been a long time since my last post. I've been quite busy with things and wanted to post but couldn't until today.

Everything is going very well. I got a little bit anxious and ran out of smoke so I cut some off!

I did it not only because I wanted to catch one, but I needed to see what I was dealing with. I would rather take a sample early in the harvest timeframe than too late. Or make an educated guess and cut it all down at once and have that be a mistake. I do not regret cutting off the lowest branches. It felt good to finally have something to show for all this time, money and personal risk I've invested.

I did try the fast curing with submersion & running water. Fast curing... Can this be real? I figure why not try it, I can learn something either way and I believe complete immersion is the best way to learn anything. No pun was intended...

So after clipping the sugar leaves off I put the buds in a mason jar and screwed the lid sown on the stems that were folded over the jar. Then I ran the water from the tap into the mason jar at a low rate. I didn't want droplets, but I didn't want the water to be running too fast either. Left that go for 8-10 hours and drained them off.
20161127_114935_HDR.jpg
20161127_115418_HDR.jpg

At that point I shook off any excess water and hung them like normal. Once they got crispy on the edges I tossed em into a jar for a couple hours. After a while they get squishy again and I hang em up until this process is over and they are for the most part dry throughout. Towards the end, to speed up the process I separated the bud from the stems. The stems hold a lot of moisture and keeping them connected just keeps pumping it back into the bud.

Here is the final product. For being dried and cured in less than 48 hours, I gotta say... It's pretty good, pretty, pretty, pretty good. Little Curb Your Enthusiasm reference there... Honestly, without bias, I got fucking baked. Like full on body buzz, eyes blazed. Didn't want to move. Good times.
20161201_143139_HDR.jpg

However, it's certainly not the final product. I plan to do the regular drying/ curing for the rest of the harvest. This was just to satiate my interest and my lungs. Plus, I wanted to test the difference between the coloration of the trichome. When I cut them off the trichomes were 70% clear, 25% milky and 5% amber (rough estimate).
Here are some pics taken from the Carson 60x- 120x LED microscope, camera, and my steady hand. They definitely need more time under the lights.
18272.jpg
17288.jpg
16775.jpg
151015.jpg
141033.jpg
16775.jpg

Any thoughts on this are welcome. This is from my Indica, which looks like this at the time of cutting.
9_2_.jpg
8747.jpg
131050.jpg
111231.jpg

As I am writing this I am planning to go to check the trichomes again and if there is a big change there might be a plant coming down! Tonight!
Here is the veg tent. I have multiple layers of growth going here. Everything is blooming and growing and I started some LST (maybe a little too soon). Gotta find out somehow...
16778.jpg

41506.jpg
22445.jpg

The seeds from my friend are going well. Even the one that hadn't sprouted has developed a taproot and I opened the medium and turned the taproot pointed down. I would not recommend starting seed in these Rapid Rooters. I do recommend them for sprouting after the taproot has developed. I think the wet paper towel is the best way to germinate. I have tried the water in a sealed jar with a slight amount of hydrogen peroxide and I had 75-80% germination rate.
31955.jpg

The sativas are getting plump, seems like it's taking forever. Patience... The tall one's main cola is starting to lean. I'll be propping it up soon enough. They are all getting a flush today and I have honey and molasses now to add to their food. I'm gonna drop the nutes down (nitrogen mostly) and keep adding the cal-mag @ regular. I think they are due for a fresh drink.

I think that's it for flowering day 50. I'm writing this on flowering day 53 and if there is a big change in the indica's trichomes, I will be updating tonight. My tentative cutting date is Monday. But if the buds tell me no, I will wait. As painful as that might be.

Take care! Thanks for reading all that.:Namaste:

Hello People!

It's been a while since I've posted. I've been dealing with some personal shit and got the blues for a week or so. Coming out of it now. Gotta stay positive.

I harvested the indica plant on day 55 (about a week ago) and it is curing now. It yielded just over an ounce after drying. Dried it for about 4-5 days. I have been sampling now and then and it is groovy stuff. I really wanna hold off another week before really considering it cured and at max potential. But right now, it is smooth and gets me a nice body, chill buzz.

I must say after cleaning the buds with water it does something to the smell and taste. Not in a bad way, but it does remove some of those flavors. I smoked some that did not get washed and it was much different. It was tangy and skunky. However, I felt guilty not washing the buds after seeing what was left in the first wash jar (left one). It might not look like much in the photo, but there is a definite yellow tint compared to the rinse jar on the right.
20161202_205706_HDR.jpg

20161202_210008_HDR.jpg

There is also a bunch of crystals on the bottom of the left one. I let it settle over time and that was all that got knocked off. Could be dirt particles too. There really wasn't much there, so that's cool. I was worried.

So, what to do in future? Wash or not?

Here are the photos of the harvest. Hurray!
20161202_175043_HDR.jpg
20161202_180436_HDR.jpg
20161202_180413_HDR.jpg
20161202_182518_HDR.jpg
20161202_191629_HDR.jpg
20161202_191638_HDR.jpg
20161202_202037_HDR.jpg
20161212_111225_HDR.jpg
20161212_111232_HDR.jpg

I am having some of this harvest right now and it's taken me an hour to write this. Lol. :volcano-smiley:

The 3 sativas are still going strong. Gave them all a 4 gallon flush the other day and that perked em up. I forgot to take pictures. I'll post some soon. There are a lot of red pistils but there are also a bunch of bright white new growth spots. Since I have no clue what strain they are exactly it's hard to tell when to chop em all down. They are on flowering day 64 approx. I'm thinking another week or so.

The veg tent is filling up nicely. All 4 seedlings are now on their 3rd-4th nodes. Soon enough I'll be tying them down for some mainline action. The clones are getting big and weird. I was going to try to mainline them as well them too, but I think I'm gonna just let them go wild. The nodes are not spaced evenly for mainlining and I just wanna see what happens.

Since I ran out of room in the veg tent I decided to move the plant I was using as a mother into the flower room. I think I would like to just grow what I have going now and then start a new journal with the seeds I got in the mail. At least those I know the strain and can reference their growth. As much fun as this has been, growing unknown seeds is not the best way to do things. Maybe in the future, I will try it again.

Well thats all for now. Thanks for taking a look! :Namaste:

Flowering Day 65

Here are some photos of the sativas. They are big and beautiful. The one in the middle has two colas that are both about 15"! Growing sativas is a test of a persons patience...
20161213_211350_HDR.jpg
20161213_211413_HDR.jpg
20161213_211515_HDR.jpg
20161213_211420_HDR.jpg
20161213_211443_HDR.jpg
20161213_211435_HDR.jpg
20161213_211429_HDR.jpg
20161213_211446_HDR.jpg

And the mother plant that I just moved over. I think it is just like the indica I just harvested.
20161213_211528_HDR.jpg

Have a good night! :Namaste:

Indeed, patience will be tested.. I have a near full sativa just put to flower,, only eighty more days to go,, ha,,

Looking very nice, your efforts will indeed be rewarded,, cheers fer now

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom