The passion of growing

ccccider

Is it just me or do most people get passionate about there girls??

I cant believe how much i'm getting attached to my plants(only three) and how dedicated i am to make sure they are cared for -right to the end...

I'm an adhd sufferer,and any sufferer will tell you-its so hard to focus on anything for a long period of time,for me to be doing this has helped so much..

So it just goes to show what affect this amazing plant can have on a person,and not just for the obvious..

I would even grow these plants if i dint smoke....They are just amazing..:thumb:

Do you grow any other kinds of plants?

I am a little crazy about vegetable gardening and worked with tropical plants for over 10 years. At the moment I have 6 raised beds for veggies and 9 plants in a secret garden. I became interested in gardening because of cannabis in the 1980's and now, I am a garden geek. I grow all my veggies from seed. Lots of fun and good for the mental health.

No,i don't grow anything else,but maybe in time i will..
What it does go to show is,that growing has been an undiscovered passion of mine and only just recently found out,which in a way is quite scarey,because we all think we know what we want and enjoy in our lifes,and growing plants was never at the top of my agenda..lol
I just cant believe how beautiful and amazing growing these plants is.....

thanks for reply...;)

No,i don't grow anything else,but maybe in time i will..
What it does go to show is,that growing has been an undiscovered passion of mine and only just recently found out,which in a way is quite scarey,because we all think we know what we want and enjoy in our lifes,and growing plants was never at the top of my agenda..lol
I just cant believe how beautiful and amazing growing these plants is.....

thanks for reply...;)

You should start thinking about growing other plants too. I started out just growing weed, but found growing plants of all types is incredibily addicting. I had to move recently to an apartment, but space permitting, I am still able to grow a small (non cannabis, unfortunately) garden. I am quite fond of cacti, bonsai and tropical plants (my fav being my madagascar palm tree) and love growing veggies and fruits. Just started some brocolli starts and am trying to decide some other decent winter veggies to start.

I feel a deep connection with all my plants. Nothing like nuturing an organism only to be rewarded with ganja to smoke, and fruits and veggies to eat.

Hey Odin, not sure where you are in CA. but brocolli is a great winter veggie. You may like to try some sugar snap peas, on a trellis? Salad greens are great in pots also kale. You may wonder what to do with kale? Google kale chips they are addicting. Also radish is a super easy winter crop and carrots that work in pots or even in the ground.

Check out this seed catalog they have a fall garden section.

Territorial Seed - Vegetable Seed, Flower Seed, and Herb Seed at Territorial Seed Company

And this if you are interested in Asian veggies. I suggest bunching onions(green) you can always have some in a pot or in a corner of your garden for when you might want some.

Kitazawa Seed Company: Asian Vegetable Seeds, Oriental Vegetables Seed

Hey Odin, not sure where you are in CA. but brocolli is a great winter veggie. You may like to try some sugar snap peas, on a trellis? Salad greens are great in pots also kale. You may wonder what to do with kale? Google kale chips they are addicting. Also radish is a super easy winter crop and carrots that work in pots or even in the ground.

Check out this seed catalog they have a fall garden section.

Territorial Seed - Vegetable Seed, Flower Seed, and Herb Seed at Territorial Seed Company

And this if you are interested in Asian veggies. I suggest bunching onions(green) you can always have some in a pot or in a corner of your garden for when you might want some.

Kitazawa Seed Company: Asian Vegetable Seeds, Oriental Vegetables Seed

Hey Bubblekush, thank you for the crop ideas! Reps for ya. :grinjoint:

This will be my first time doing a winter garden. I was planning on some peas and carrots too. I do like radish, but not very often, so I probably won't grow that. Also want to do salad greens, love me a fresh salad. I dunno if I am interested in Asian veggies, LOL. I will check the bunching onions out for sure. Thanks for the links and ideas, looking forward to getting my winter garden going. :smokin:

I grow butter head lettuce every year and one of those salad mix from seed. You can just spread a bag of soil on the ground, broadcast the seeds ( or make rows) and water it in. Then up they come in 7 days. One thing that is great in salads is beet greens. They are sweet you can eat them raw or saute them with some butter. I got the flat Egypt beet to try this fall from territorial seeds. If you cut the bunching onions at the soil and leave the roots intact, they just grow back. You never have to plant them again. They transplant easy also so you can move them if you want to.

One of the best things about winter gardens is you can relax and let the rain water it for you.

I already have some broccoli started. Going to the nursery to pick up some lettuce, spinach, and cellery. Maybe some carrots too. I am growing all of these in planter boxes on my deck. I have no other ground to grow in (condos). Just going to be a small garden. Coming up with ideas for creating greenhouse covers for my boxes. Not sure what else I want to grow.

Celery has deep roots so growing in a container might be anticlimactic? Lettuce grows from seed very easy. I learned a trick for carrots recently. They have a low germination rate. Plant them, water and cover with a board. lift board each day and water if it is drying out. Once you see any sign of sprouting remove the board and your all set.

Celery has deep roots so growing in a container might be anticlimactic? Lettuce grows from seed very easy. I learned a trick for carrots recently. They have a low germination rate. Plant them, water and cover with a board. lift board each day and water if it is drying out. Once you see any sign of sprouting remove the board and your all set.

Good to know! I will try that! Going to axe the celery from the lineup....

I started growing mostly for cost issues, cheaper and more consistant....... I now actually grow more for the fun than the $$ savings. It is a hobby that I enjoy more than anything but my family and friends.

:nicethread:
WillyB

I am a second Gen. grower, been a family tradition for most of my life.
I even now (this day) wake up every few hours to go shake off the water from the tents I built for them and let them know I am here for them. (it's still early for outdoors here)
At planting this season, I slept w/them for a few nights to make sure they got rooted in their boxes so no one could come and dig them up... thieves around here call it upgrading.
I have around 70 links in my browser right now, (lost all my links when the MOBO went out) I counted... 63 of those links are marijuana/weather related.
It consumes me daily... for me, growing isn't a hobby or something to do... it's a way of life!
In the garden is the one place that I can find a simple peace of mind that has eluded me my entire life.
Passionate? Maybe more like psychotically obsessed ... :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom