The Smoking Meadows

Mercury Trismagistus

He had gotten the Go Signal on the East Side of Dayton before he even started out. Janie usually only had the Regs, but this time she had some Dumpster and it was pretty fresh. He drove up to the festival grounds with a smile on his face and a song in his heart, pulling over only briefly at a rest stop on I-70 to twist up a couple numbers. He took the Thornville Exit. If you didn't look close you could almost miss the sign that said " 3 G's" at the entrance to The Lake. The Grateful Dead had played there back in the day to over eighty thousand people. Stumpy had told him all about it up at the Ledges. Helicopters landing and taking the injured away, crowds smashing the fences down, and one lone hippie wandering around and shouting "who is in control here?" It was like a scene out of Apocalypse Now. But things had evidently settled down since then, and he passed through the Main Gate without any problems. The trail led gently down the hill and past the Vendor Booths to the area in front of the Main Stage. There was one lone musician doing feedback loops based off Dead Numbers on Stage Number Two. And beyond that were the Smoking Meadows, where lazy groups of Freaks wearing Tie-Dye and sandals tried to shield themselves from the daytime sun. A man in a Bear Suit came by and handed him a bag full of unique fungal growths while muttering something about "watching out for the Blue Meanies", but he didn't see any Cops around. And indeed, the Counselor thought, why not? They were already setting up for BoomBox, Jackie Greene, and the Gerry Garcia Band on the main stage. yet, as he got up to get closer to the action, Brother Bear frantically grabbed his shoulder, leaned over, and whispered into his ear..."hey, those weren't potato chips you know!" But it was already too late. He was long gone.

"Like I told you. What I said. Steal your Face right off your Head"

Back
Top Bottom