The UVB spectrum

Len Goodman

UV SPECTRUM

Chemists, botanist’s, and Engineers need to be able to identify means and methods through observation of experiments to provide the maximum amount of useful information on the biological structure of the Cannabis plant. In this writing, I will discuss what possible defensive mechanisms a cannabis plant will develop when exposed to UVA/UVB lighting in short dose.
The need for UVA/UVB in the evolution (which would involve breeding) and production of the cannabis leaf, to produce increased profitability of plant material, through accelerating the plants defensive mechanism through use of a UVA/UVB. I believe it is essential in the production of terpenes and terpenoids. I also believe it will produce different phenotypes, on the same strain of plants through breeding. (evolution)
What is UVA/UVB lighting?
Sandwiched between visible light in the electromagnetic spectrum is Ultraviolet (UV) radiation, most familiar to us as the component of sunlight that produces a sun burn or sun tan. While not as energetic as gamma rays or x rays, ultraviolet light still carries enough energy to damage biological molecules. Excessive exposure to ultraviolet increases the risk of skin cancer and cataracts and causes premature wrinkling of the skin. (1) Basically, I believe the plant will produce more of its suntan lotion, terpenes and terpenoids, on all the leaves of the plant increasing the value of the entire plant. (sauces, butter and other extracts)
Why is UV so important?
Light reactions. Light reactions are the first of two major stages in photosynthesis (preceding the Calvin cycle). These reactions, which occur on the thylakoid membrane of the chloroplast on membranes of certain prokaryotes, convert solar energy to the chemically energy of ATP and NADPH (2). Now I can get into this pretty deeply but I’m just going to focus on the chlorophyll B pigment and carotene, which broaden the spectrum of colors that can be used for photosynthesis, the accessory pigments in the absorption spectrum (2). These accessory pigments drive photosynthesis and seem to be responsible for photoprotection. (I believe the plant will develop more terpenes and terpenoids to protect against the UVB ray when properly dosed).
There are many people who have been using and questioning whether or not UV should be in our light spectrums (3). I also believe you can breed seeds that will reprogram their DNA to fight against this UV over a long period of breeding.

• Tro, N.J & Tro, N.J. (2018). Chemistry: Structure and Properties (pp.79-79). Hoboken, NJ: Pearson.
  • Urry Lisa A., Cain Michael L., Minorsky Peter V., Steven Wasserman A., Reece Jane B (2016).Cambell Biology 11th Edition (pp.G-19,192-195) New, NY: Pearson

This plant was exposed to UVB 3% for most of its life and was topped with butter.
9EE85B71-8A22-47CC-9DF8-2F5B9F21AEB8.jpeg

This plant was exposed for almost 3 hours total over the course of a week and was 29 days old.

D192EC47-AC4A-40DD-B417-CBDF9A42C158.jpeg
07763A2C-8D45-412A-AC27-8C3082AF21C4.jpeg

3 percent UVB that’s all I cared about. Grow journal day 8 has all the info you that I have found. But the experiment was about making the plant do what I tell it to with out injury and only stress. That led to the UVB train of thought.

Ok thanks :hmmmm: I'll go hunt it down now :rofl: :rofl:

Why?

Very curious
No dormancy it just kept growing like nothing happened. Then clogging its nodes made it naturally, on the older one, choose up. It lollipops naturally. Injury causes a bad state for the plant due to injury. It focuses it energy on repairing that top while realeasing a hormone to tell the plant to use the node closest to the top. The big one quaded maybe more with no cutting. Everything popped out the top because that was the only way I left. I reprogrammed the plant to focus on the top. It ended up in the quad position with maybe more nodes in there. The drop the butter on top of that it stops the ( single point) and the thing is quaded in 29 days. So the result ends up being everything on top through low stress. According to everything I see people posting is they top to get the increased yield at the expense of potency. Well not any more.

What made it lead to the UVB was the questioning of my light so I thought I’ll use something your not using and even got critized on a another forum the bulbs as if it was a kids experiment. Well they are having trouble figuring out how to tickle these thing into more terrines. I see it’s the strain, it’s the nutrients but never the light. From the 0-50 latitude mark sun rays are high in UVB, just so happens this is where the plants history began. I think the chlorophyll b and caratenes ( not spelled right) are the key to achieve the full potential of the plant. Think of a plant as a computer you can reprogram immediately and possibly through evolution.

Back
Top Bottom