This is bud rot! See pictures

p man

for you newbies like me that often wonder about every little sign and thing.... this is what bud rot looks like for sure!

Trying my hand at a couple plants (first timer) I've had my share of just about a little bit of everything go wrong, lockout, fungus, brown leafs, soil ph all over the place and now some bud rot ...but my girl is still holdin on..good thing I've been researching as I go to find out what all these things going on are...well I did some LST to the plant and my main cola got really thick...I was in the habit of spraying some water on my plants and really soaked the buds to give them a drink as they looked a little dry..... and I guess the main cola was not getting enough air ...had to cut the top off a little bit to get rid of it ..in the pics you will see where I cut the top, the inside of the top, and a quick fix to spread out the really tight buds to get some air..when I opened them up you get a nice stong smell mmmmmmm! ...you will notice the wires spreading the buds...this was done on my main cola stem as it was packed tightly with many buds after the lst training

100_26831.JPG

100_2692-001.JPG

100_2694.JPG

100_2690.JPG

100_2691.JPG

100_26881.JPG

100_2689.JPG

100_26971.JPG

100_2698.JPG

100_26991.JPG

so what i got out of it is that u don't top drench ur plants when n flower... how was the air circulation where all this misting was occurring? I got a 8'x4'x7' veg. tent running w/2 8" room fans for air circulation/plant movement b4 being vented out... about to flip it into my bloom tent & i'm hoping the constant air movement/venting will alleviate humidity issues when blooming-- being as I like to spritz my plants too-- whenever the ol' self-induced OCD kix in :tokin:

almost made me throw up too!...good thing it was only a little off he top....I thought the bud was just drying out on the vine but after close inspection and what I've been reading about disease, nutrients, growing lights da da da da da this time I noticed I had some bud rot going on...I haven't been using a fan because it looked like it was helping dryout my plant in combination with my 400 watt hps light...again I only noticed this on my main cola the LST training really made the buds thick not 'airy' so again all the extra buds that popped out are packed tightly together not getting enough air to dry out from the moisture hence BUD ROT!...and now you really know what it looks like......

lesson 2 learned ...if you LST your plant watch it....if your not already..... the main cola will get really thick with lots of individual buds that are packed tightly together so either cut some off ...boo!.... use a fan for air movement around the main stem..or make some spreader wires and spread the buds...actually I had to spread the 'y' ends of the wires open more to accomodate the size of the bud.....

**** I guess this could happen if your top foiler feeding too so be carefull!*****

Hey +reps for showing and educating new growers.Not sure if the foiler feeding has much to do with it,its more a humidity issue.
If you can eliminate the rot before it spreads to much and control your humidity levels then you should be ok.Bud rot is a nightmare to get rid of and has destroyed many experienced grows not just amateur grows.
I wish you the best of luck with it man,my fingers are crossed for ya.
Hope it works out.:goodluck:

thanks....it was only on my main top so I cut it back ..hopefully it's under control I only have about a week to go hopefully it'll hang on...

In all my years I have never had bud rot occur.

well for my first real grow meaning actually buying some equiptment such as.... nutrients, lights, (4'- t5's, 1- 400 hps, some cfls bulb type), testors ph/tds, a cheap soil/moisture tester, RO system, 3 gal. air pots, 5 gallon buckets and customizing them, some rock wool, some bags of soil, the hangers to hang the light, a air pump, a cheap 60-100 power microscope from radio shack- I wouldn't buy that one again!, windshield reflectors for my grow room, some exspensive auto fem seeds, many trips to the hardware and hydro store, some rolling papers, and last but not least a hygrometer I actually did better then a 'break even'...I'm ahead!...I'd be more ahead if I didn't waste apx 10 of those exspensive seeds in the beginning mostly by planting too deep and putting the root in the soil the wrong way!...I had no prob germinating the seeds I just put them in a glass of water in a dark place for a day and bingo ...root pop!...so far I have two plants in the soil getting ready...2 plants in the deep water grow, and 3 shorties I planted outdoors that never took off for now I should be getting close to 3-4 oz (dry weight) off my first two plants
$400 an oz...yep I'm ahead

I think it happen from drenching my buds when I sprayed them with water trying to pamper the girls....you know how a first time new dad gets...the girls are getting all grown up now...had to put one in her place...a mason jar!...part of her is in for my water cure trial now that's what's cookin!

100_27041.JPG

100_2678.JPG

As big budda pointed out its more a humidity thing and airflow thing then a foliar feed thing.

Some climates can foliar feed or spray the plants and they are dry within 20 minutes. Others one drop of water will stay there for like 10 hours.

If ya foliar in a humid place you basically guaranteed mold/budrot. If you foliar feed in a place that has like 10-30% humidity it really shouldnt matter.

Of course the dry climates have their own problems, like more spidermites.

Back
Top Bottom