Time to harvest?

Classtime

420 Member
Is this ready? I don't want to sit too long and would rather go early than late. We are expecting heavy rains for days early next week. The seeds are hard and nicely colored. Old School Colombian Gold. Also can you point me to a beginner step by step harvest how to?

thanks.

C1C4605A-9C43-4935-9640-0CB518C1427D.jpeg

485DA8DD-A47E-48D0-9170-0B60DBF2E076.jpeg

Well done @Classtime . I see dark curling pistils on the flowers. That is indicative of maturing flowers. You'll need magnification. An inexpensive 'jewellers loup' with 60x magnification. Look closely at the flower parts. The trichomes will turn from clear, to cloudy, then progressively amber as the flowers mature. That 'is' the industry standard in determining harvest time. Some people harvest just as all trichomes have turned cloudy. Others wait for more amber. As the trichomes become more amber, the effect of the weed will be more sedating.

As for the rain. Put in some stakes and cover with clear sheet plastic, like construction vapour barrier. Keep the plants dry to avoid bud rot.

Sure hope this helps a bit. Cheers and good luck

What I have started to do is a staggered harvest - that way if something goes in the crapper - you've got something - also by taking, maybe a third or quarter of your colas every 5 days or so, you will have a range to see what you like the best.
Do you have a jewellers loupe to get a good look at the triches??

Back
Top Bottom