Timings for nutrients with Aeroponic set up?

I made some recent changes with my cycle timings and now have 5 days worth of data to look at...

We previously talked about run-off (which I have recirculating back to my reservoir) where I found that my cycle times were delivering more nutrients than the plant was consuming so I believe this (flow) was resulting in a build-up problem over time. My experiment was to calculate the amount of nutrient that was delivered per second of mister time and tried to adjust my cycle times to get closer to delivering only what the plant will actually take over a 24 hour period (maybe just a little more to be safe).

With that perspective, I now have 5 days worth of data and my plant (in late flower) is consuming about average of 4080ml per day. My initial math calculations estimated my misters to deliver somewhere around 3870ml per day. Clearly my math is off but when you consider I am just a home enthusiast, the numbers are actually pretty close (off by 210ml over a week period).

Now that I have started to zero in on a good cycle time format. I am watching the plant make some positive changes; starting to see some dark green push out from the stems and more white pistils pushing throughout the plant. She is clearly saying thank you.

Unfortunately, I reduced my EC for a week (last week) as an experiment and recently put her back up to documented doses so the positive signs could just be the added nutrients. Time will tell but my main point here is that if you are looking for a starting point for your cycle times, try to get some data on how much is being consumed and adjust your cycle times to deliver approx. that much over a 24 hour time period. My next build will have some provisions for more accurate measurements but it looks like I am close. I redirected my return line and monitored it every hour and have only a couple ml in there so I know I am close.

Hello, sorry for yet another resurrection but I am in the middle of my first DIY aeroponic grow (true HPA) and hope to get some information.

I have been playing with cycle feeding times a bit throughout the grow but I am now in the 3rd week of flower and want to be more careful and wonder where I should be on my timing? If I inspect the roots periodically, I can't help but to feel I have transitioned away from where I want to be (observed water droplets on the roots) in terms of being too wet to get the aeroponic benefits I am targeting.

After reading this and other threads, it sounds like we want to aim to just keep the roots moist, not dripping so anyone have some fresh input on cycle times during flower?

Since this is my first grow, I have been documenting everything but there is so much uncertainty I keep second guessing myself. I have observed that it appears that the plant grows fine with an aggressive cycle time (also tested this by manually flushing with a long cycle time) and believe to really unlock the power of aeroponics I need to find the right balance for the cycle times and now I have questions about how to find ways to center in on the right zone for optimal growth.
I know you may have posted it already, can you tell me what I need for this set up and all the parts, and I believe in this medicine because it has shrunk a tumor and I know its not a cure but its a damn good additive, but i love the way you think and your research is beautiful and tasteful, no one has any good info on hpa, I think you are on a path least taken also aero has the least metals in the plant

I know you may have posted it already, can you tell me what I need for this set up and all the parts, and I believe in this medicine because it has shrunk a tumor and I know its not a cure but its a damn good additive, but i love the way you think and your research is beautiful and tasteful, no one has any good info on hpa, I think you are on a path least taken also aero has the least metals in the plant
I am in the planning phase for a Rev 2 grow but all of my information so far can be found if the link below. I should be starting Rev 2 in the coming weeks and have a few changes but I netted over 2lbs from one 3 ft plant in a small area on the first run so if I can replicate (or possibly in in improve my yield) I will be happy.

Here is a link to my first grow journal and stay posted for the second grow to start soon.

Bentley's DIY Aeroponic (HPA) Northern Lights (Auto) Grow Journal (Jan. 2021)

I wish you luck in your grow, there is a ton of great information in the forums and feel free to reach out to me and I will help where I can but I must disclose I am a complete newbie, this was my first attempt with lots to learn so I hope you find my journal helpful.

I also wanted to mention a documentary on Amazon Prime called "Heal". Give it a watch and let us know what you think? Personally, I believe it is tied to the same philosophies for healing that we rely on cannabis for. I would never discount the medical benefit of cannabis and believe everyone should explore the options it has to offer. I know it has done wonders for the people in my life and a much better alternative to western medicine's chemical solutions. My real point here is that there is a very real connection between the mind/body/soul and healing so even if we set aside the chemical benefits, I believe the impact on our way of thinking has just as much if not more influence on our recoveries.

Try to watch it, I believe anyone with an open mind will find some leads that may be worth further investigation and I would love to hear your feedback. Please be sure to post up or create a journal so we can all learn something from your adventure. I documented my entire grow and experience (both good and bad in my link above) so I hope it helps you.

Breast cancer survivor here - rooting for you @fightcancer !

Hi, I'm after some advice on the timing intervals using an Aeroponic set up with Canna Aqua nutrients.

Q: How often should I get the jets to spray solution on roots?

Also, I will be starting off with drip feed from top so again how long and how often to drip feed?

Your help is much appreciated people.

Best wishes,
Toaor
Low pressure I'm getting away with 1min on 4 min off. The high pressure is 2sec every 2 minutes. Both have great results

Back
Top Bottom