Transplanting, Cloning and the Flip?

Ok, it's day 36 into veg, the tallest plants are ~17-18 inches and they are staring to bush pretty well.

I'm facing a dilemma of sorts though. It's getting to the point where I need to transplant into 5 gallon buckets and move to 12/12. I figured it would take longer to veg but the growth rate on this plants are high. I was hoping they would show some signs of sex before I had to transplant them all and waste time and money to transplant a male. If I just wait too long, they might be 24+ inches before I transplant and when move to 12/12, I could end up with 6 foot plants, which I don't think I want with a single 600w HPS. I'm thinking 4.'-4.5. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Also, I would like to take some clones but the plants are not showing any signs of sex yet. Should I take a clone from each plant now and use the ones that are female for my next grow or should I wait until I flip, then take clones and reveg? Assistance and opinions would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

Harry

I would say 20 at the most.. They are not pure sativa so they will likely not triple in size... Throw them into flowering in what they are in now and transplant once they have settled in a bit...Me personally, I would transplant now, and flower them soon after and deal with the males when the time comes.. Be nice to them when transplanting. The clone situation, i am not sure about. I take them right before flowering and chuck any males :peace:

Sounds like good advice BE. Yeah, those seeds came from MJ that was heavy on the Indica side so maybe I'll only see a doubling of the size.

I think I'm going to stay in the veg phase a little longer, to see if I can get some signs of sex before I transplant and clone.

If push comes to shove, I'll take a clone from each plant before I flip, so as to not have to re-veg.

I guess this little dilemma is just the "Nature of the Beast" when growing from seed.

Thanks for your insights!!

Harry

Back
Top Bottom