Transplanting during 12/12.

sully508

how it going? i got a tough deciscion
ive been on 12/12 now for 16 days growing wonder woman. they look very healthy at this time. but drastically increasing in size. i should have trasplanted befor flowering.
i ved'g for 12+ weeks on 20/4 due to the bitter cold. i didnt want run an electric heater for 12 hours a day so i continued to veg. i still have them in 3 gal. pots. i couldnt afford soil/perlite etc. for a little while, but want to put into 6 gal pots. do you think theyd be ok if i did that. theyre already budding
and i want to maximize my yeild and dont want root bound plants.
anybody/ have any sugestions. could they go hermi? or would it make it easier on the plants w/ more room for the roots to move.
the plants are 32 inches round at the base. and 28 inches tall.:Namaste:

There is always a chance that MJ plants might hermie if stressed. Transplanting now would not doubt stress them. Having said that, it's only been 16 days of 12/12 so you're really early into flowering. It's a tough call. I, personally, would transplant as soon as possible but I'm sure there are growers out there that will say "don't do it"!

hemp thank for the advice. i was thinking what you were thinking and went out got 2 bags of perlite, and a bag of vermeculite. i have plenty of spagnum peat moss. checked the ph of the soiless mix. its 5.9 so i added some hydrated lime.that made the ph 6.9. fill larger pots halfway added tarantula pirana, floralicious plus, and some FF tiger bloom all 1/2 strengh. then placed 2 3 gal. root balls into the 6 gal pots. they look like a normal plants again. checked the ph again. its 6.6 for one and 6.8 for the one. they should be ok. ive been doing lst on them since the 3 or 4th week of veg. wonder woman is a very forgiving plant. and is becoming covered w/ buds. ill be keeping an eye
out for any footballs. but they look like can breath again.
thanks hemp for your input. im glad you planted the seed in my head to get it done asap.. they may have gone hermi if i didnt transplant then. they had no where to stretch or move those root balls had no room to move.
that would be horrible if they went hermi. 13 weeks of veg. i planted them after thanksgiving hoping to get a bigger yeild. and from the buddage on the plants it looks like 4 oz's per plant. i still have 50 days of 12/12. to go. my last grow (summer) i got 5.5 oz from 1 wonder woman plant. it was an indoor outdoor plant. shes a very high yeilding skunk hybrid. from nirvana.:thanks:

yea i wouldve done it sooner then later. im on my first grow and i transplanted well into flowering and my plants reacted fine to it. I dont think ill be doing it again though.

i could'nt afford perlite. my car alternator went it cost almost 600 that was food for thr month. that sucked. but every thing is ok now. im disabled so i get a check once a month.
yea i wouldnt do a transplant during 12/12. 13 weeks of veg too. i dont wanna screw that up, plus a master kush and ak48 that were veged for 6 weeks. i put them in larger pots as well. just waiting for spring to put some clones outside. thanks reslagunja. :goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom