All plants including bonsai moms are doing fine now. Purple Punch mother was suffering hard but I took two clones from her and she is looking very healthy. Pink Kush mom still needs some root pruning to stay in control. I will transplant her into a smaller pot if possible because she is not so bonsai right now but she is doing allright :ganjamon:

I added a little bit of pH down into the reservoir today. I want to keep the pH balanced because I am expecting some roots in 2-3 days. I will keep balancing the pH and transplant these babies ASAP to flip the whole tent and move these moms back into the nursery.

I'll open the cob tomorrow and smoke it if it is ready but I think it looks like it'll need a couple more days in vacuum. I'll wait until I smoke this cob before writing my smoke report on Pink Kush. It already taste amazing. My best particular plant in terms of quality for like four years. I had better ones in past but this is definately top shelf stuff.

I got some news from the nursery. I am currently using the nursery tent for drying so all of the folks in there are growing inside the main tent now. I cut over 10 clones from the Pink Kush mother and I only cut one clone from the bonsai Purple Punch mother. I hope her first child will survive :)

I also transplanted the PP mom to a bigger pot with soil. I'll root prune the PK mom soon and move her into a smaller container. I started using my DIY aeroponic cloner and mixed in 1ml/l of GH Flora Coco Grow. Dialed the pH at 5.8 and water temperature at 18 degrees Celsius. Humidity inside the dome is around %60 so conditions are pretty awesome. I also closed a dome on the cloner to keep the humidity high for the first two days. I am expecting to see some nice roots in day seven.

What I am trying to do here is to trim my bonsai mothers and get some fast clones ready with my aero cloner to fit more plants inside my tent before flipping the whole tent for the four Pink Kush clones. Mothers have a better chance to recover inside the big tent because conditions here is far better than the nursery. I will improve the conditions in nursery in following months. I will move my 220W full spectrum fixture inside the nursery and drive it around 50-60W. There will be no heat at all and both mothers and clones will be recieving full spectrum light.

Here is how the plants look. Cheers :passitleft:

TC, nursery looks great...catching up now

TC, nursery looks great...catching up now

Thanks Cr8 :passitleft: Both my flowering and nursery journals will go crazy in a few weeks. I will smoke my first COB joint tonight. Feeling pretty excited about the taste of it.

Almost all of the clones are perfectly rooted. Purple Punch cuttings are a little slower compared to Pink Kush cuttings because the PP mother wasn't in a healthy state at that time. PK mother wasn't also in a good shape and that also caused the roots shoot out kinda late. Normally I would have expected some roots in 5-6 days with this type of system. I also upgraded the airstone of this cloner. There are definately more bubbles and less noise now. I am running my air pump at a lower setting now. Cheers :blunt:

Well, we're off to a good start on the bloom tent. Our visit to the main tent will end in a week and we will move back to nursery with the bonsai moms and the cloner. I planted 8 clones today because the remaining three doesn't have a proper root system right now. I think they will blast in one or two days. I also couldn't resist and cut two more clones from the bonsai Purple Punch mom but this time in a tip top shape. I am expecting these two Purple Punch clones to root faster and join the SOG in a week. I will flip the bloom tent in two weeks tops so these Purple Punch clones won't have much time to veg. but we'll see about that.

Here is a quick recap of the whole process. See you guys back in the nursery in a week or two. Stay tuned for some root pruning action and new genetics. Cheers :passitleft:

New Purple Punch clones have very green leaves. First batch of clones were cut at an unhealthy point for both mothers.

Before and after planting;

Both lights are on for 18/6 ;

Mothers have done their job and recovered a little bit before going back in the nursery. They are under 2700K 60W CFL and that needs to be changed immediately. I'll build a custom LED fixture for the nursery soon. It will consist of two bands of white, 6500K and 3000K. I'll keep them under 6500K to prevent stretch and I'll switch to 3000K when I want to get long cuttings. That'll be the ultimate nursery lighting system. Until then we will be handling the nursery with the crappy CFL. Peace :passitleft:

Try cutting off the tips of the leaves next time , the clones will have a much better time adjusting and rooting , humidity is key but they need a bit of air too , ph water and a half dose of root riot , i harden them off for a while each day after a week if they weep to much I put em back and repeat
Also let the clones root out for a longer period say a month to get a better yield

Try cutting off the tips of the leaves next time , the clones will have a much better time adjusting and rooting , humidity is key but they need a bit of air too , ph water and a half dose of root riot , i harden them off for a while each day after a week if they weep to much I put em back and repeat

I'm actually dialing 5.9 pH and adding some veg. nutes then forget about it. Roots come in 5-6 days in the aero cloner :passitleft:

Excellent. When we raised purebred hogs there were multiple layers to the enterprise.

Breeding area, farrowing area, nursery area, grower area, and finally a finishing area.
Of course we had miscellaneous other areas like an isolation area over a mile from the main farm for when we had sick hogs or hogs we purchased from another breeder and sales floors for selling our best stock/hogs.

Anyway the parities between the two are very congruent.

Very helpful journal so far.

I am just starting to mess around with cloning just acquired a forty slot/hole deep water cloner I found on Craigslist. The very nice young lady wanted $50.00 and I gave her $75.00, since the machine showed no use and cost about two bills new.

A funny/messed up story accompanies the acquisition of this piece of equipment that I am contemplating sharing in my journal.

Excellent job with your nursery it is always an honor to watch/learn from one of the best Master Growers I've seen in our community.

Thanks man .
you must be state side taking about hogs instead of pigs !
wish I had the summers you guys get to grow outside , it’s very hard here with the climate , most I can do to save a few euros on electricity is veg outside and flower them inside ! This gives massive benefits.

all the best .

Gavin .

Excellent. When we raised purebred hogs there were multiple layers to the enterprise.

Breeding area, farrowing area, nursery area, grower area, and finally a finishing area.
Of course we had miscellaneous other areas like an isolation area over a mile from the main farm for when we had sick hogs or hogs we purchased from another breeder and sales floors for selling our best stock/hogs.

Anyway the parities between the two are very congruent.

Very helpful journal so far.

I am just starting to mess around with cloning just acquired a forty slot/hole deep water cloner I found on Craigslist. The very nice young lady wanted $50.00 and I gave her $75.00, since the machine showed no use and cost about two bills new.

A funny/messed up story accompanies the acquisition of this piece of equipment that I am contemplating sharing in my journal.

Excellent job with your nursery it is always an honor to watch/learn from one of the best Master Growers I've seen in our community.

Thank you for your kind words FR :passitleft:

I am really glad to hear that you got yourself a DWC cloner. I am convinced that plants grown from the seed usually perform better than clones but what I am really trying to do here is to give a good grow example to people who don't have easy access to seeds and have limited grow space like myself.

Nursery is quiet these days and mothers are pretty happy under 2700K CFL. Purple Punch mother stretched plenty and I am sure that you guys will be shocked when you see her. I'll take clones in two weeks to be ready for the next grow. I think I can't cut like 100 clones but I'll try to cut as many as I can to make a proper SOG on the next grow. I am aiming to cut around 100 clones from a nursery like this. I will probably need another mother to do that.

All of these implies that trouble is on its way. This is where bonsai grow method steps in. I haven't taken any measures to make these mothers bonsai but I think we are at a good place to transform. I will root prune and change the pots. We need to achieve a neat structure for these mothers so there will be room for the third.

See you guys soon with some action. Peace :passitleft:

I got the new LED's inside the nursery. I took some clones from the Pink Kush and broke on of her branches. Setting this small place up is a nightmare but it looks neat now.

This LED fixture is overkill for such area but I dimmed it all the way down. I got some PPFD measurements to demonstrate the lighting conditions of my nursery. Plants are getting between 600-850 micro moles and clones are getting between 100-350 micro moles per second. I think that is neat. I have to place clones at the center because this is the only blind spot of the fixture. Anyways, we'll se how things go with new 4000K setup.

Cheers :passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom