Trichome Talk

Oh similar problems here, not like I need to buy it (I don't smoke much, mostly to take edge off pains and I'm my old ladies caregiver so can't get blotto anyway even if I wanted to), but I will see a Strain I want to try and buy from time to time from the Dispensaries in town. They gave out Growers Licenses to about anyone that wanted to pay the fee here in OR, last numbers I saw last year they grew almost 4x what was sold the previous year (and that just the legal grows), so prices have dropped like a rock and it will all sort out somewhere once all the folks that wanted to jump in on the "gravy train" but had completely no clue how to grow or anything about the business, as simple Supply and Demand kind of thing and folks in OR tend to be able to tell "craft" stuff from the "crapola" so eventually only the true craft folks will still be in the business (unless the Feds change their tone and allow interstate commerce, OR has more than they can even sell and keep good until it can be sold or processed into something else, as after a year it loses a lot of it's taste/smell/kick).
The growers I met always preached about how the dispensaries were going to be and sure enough as the years went on the market is saturated and they even act too good for quality product and want to low ball. I've had some offer a price that was insulting. I laughed and said "wow greed at it's finest. I'd rather run a sole proprietorship and employ people who have great work ethic and pay them a proper wage. Not this minimum wage crap or 2 dollars over". Lets just say they didn't like that.:rofl:

Back
Top Bottom