Trying to get my basic water right - Growing in Coco Coir - Total newbie

Cmoon

Hi Peeps over the pond,

I might have posted this elsewhere but think it was in the wrong place, so please forgive me, am new to all this great stuff I just didn't realise everybody is doing it!!....Christmas has come early.........Well, almost.

Have spent most of today trying to find a supplier of CaliMag in the UK...... Not a chance! We are way behind you over here so it is more or less learn and do it your own way, so here I go.......Trying just to get my basic water right before addition of nutrients etc. (and I will check the pH after I add the nutrients too).

I am now the proud owner of a pot of

1: G&G Vitamins Magnesium Carbonate Powder (100grams) Pharmaceutical grade, (1lb)

2: Calcium Carbonate Powder, Pharmaceutical grade, (3.5 oz)

3: Pint of pH down.

4: I also got a bottle of Everclear for future use that cost only $118 but I'm ok with that, it's probably cheaper over there but I can't get there till next year and that's no good to me now.

5: I also got A GIANT bucket of epsom salt (10KG BUCKET) 100% Natural, FCC Food Grade, Magnesium Sulphate! For you and I who still speak in English and not EU.........that's about 25lbs in weight!.......Might have over done it just a tad with the epsom salts but it was all I could find. At least I might have some left over when I get out of jail!

Up till two days ago I was just feeding them plain RO water (used to keep a coral reef tank in my living room but that's another story) Now if only I new how to mix my base feed (with Calc, Mag, & pH at 5.8) before I add nutes & stuff, I will be fine. By the way I don't smoke so am going down the tincture route or heat press.

I've got to admit that I thought it was just a case of pop a seed into root riot and sit back & wait, then, when it sprouts stick in a bigger pot and 8 weeks later EURICA! I have my own home made pain killer.....Now I know a little bit more.

I have eight plants which are now eight weeks old. They are in one grow tent with a halide light on one side and LED on the other. They were all male until my wife put in two "regular" seeds to see what would happen?.....Yeah, I know. I'm not sure if you are interested or not as you guys are real pro's at this & these are my first plants, but, the four plants under the LED have around eight or so buds on them and the halide side have no buds but look stronger and are more bushy and taller (slightly) I think I should take the ones with the buds out and put them in a 12/12 cycle, see what happens.........Does this sound ok to you guys?

I was worried at first with the temperature swings, it was 88F in the day and 70 at night so I'm keeping fingers crossed that I get something out of this. It really is a steep learning curve and although I like science, some of this is quite hard to get your head around.

Great site, thank you all,
Simon

PS. should I be posting this in a different thread?

Back
Top Bottom