Twisty leaves on seedlings

Rockypup

My seedlings are only about 10 days old since germination and the first sets of leaves have begun to twist - I looked up at all the deficiencies but I didn't see one that matched this one correctly.

IMG_00044.jpg

It's an NFT setup (extreeeeeeeemely cheap too :) ) using AK99 seeds - a 400 watt HPS and about 400 watts of fluorescent lighting. I'm using GH nutes that were at about 330ppm -- I just raised it to about 450ppm to see how they react.

I want these suckers to grow 100% -- I just had a miserable crop with some Widow clones grown in soil and it was nothing but disaster -- so I want to nip all problems I get in the bud quickly.

Also

How safe is it to post on these forums? Especially with pictures? I want to do a grow journal with my AK99 on 12/12 - and I'm sure people want to know how to build a super cheap and quiet hydro system -- along with my description of how I got all 10 of my seeds to germ in 2 days flat -- but I'm quite sketched about getting in trouble. Heck, even now I'm posting using a proxy server :)

safe or not stick with the safest way to access the internet there is NO such thing as a safe site just safe users. and to the leaves I had that on a few of my sativa strain but they turned out fine but check out some grow sites as this may be a symptom of bigger issue(i wish i could be more help but I can't remember off-hand)

As far as anonymity, do what you can, strip metadata off pictures (gps coordinates).
Yes, it is an older thread but....

The software is set up to strip the metadata or at least the GPS from any photos that are uploaded to the site. Photos uploaded to so-called free storage sites and then linked into a message here might not do that. Best to strip it at home and then upload to the 420magazine site. Double stripping is better than none.

With medical and recreational use becoming legal in more US states and in countries around the planet it might not be much of a problem. But, if someone wants or needs anonymity:

Use a 'point and shoot' camera or SLR. Upload the photos to a desktop, laptop or similar. If a phone-camera must be used then upload to a computer anyway. Use photo-editing software on your computer to view and crop a photo before uploading to the internet. Strip the metadata for starters. Some people leave clues as to their location, appearance or name in photos. Look for clues like a piece of mail next to the plant or anything with a name on it. Look to see if the photo has a reflection of a face. Do not take photos which will clearly show the fingerprints or palm prints--hold leaves, plants, nutrients, pipes and papers in such a way that these fingerprints are not clear and showing. Do not take photos showing the house across the street, etc.

Do not use a phone to take the photos or to order supplies. Many of the so called "free apps" are not free. The people who built the app did it to make a living. They design it to gather data from the phone which they sell. They do not need to have a name or address, just the data. Everything a person does with that phone is analyzed and the 'data analytic' companies will soon know everything about the user.

On the plus side, by paying more attention to the photo the pictures that do end up being uploaded to the site will more likely be clear, sharp and in-focus and generally better looking. That will make it easier for the members to help if there is a problem. Or better yet it will let us see the great job that was done on the recent grow.

The software is set up to strip the metadata or at least the GPS from any photos that are uploaded to the site.
I seem to remember reading here that the software strips everything.

Interestingly enough every now and then I check and I have noticed that the basic metadata such as the make & model of camera and exposure info is still available. I have no way of digging in deeper to find the GPS data. Occasionally I make notes about a photo and place those in the metadata but I have not checked to see if those are stripped out.

Back
Top Bottom