Uh oh! Male alert?

Re: Uh oh!!!! Male alert???

Don't let it get you down! It happens to even the best growers. The first plant I ever grew out was a male and I had no idea. This was way before there was forms like this to help. I pretty much grew the male 3/4 of its life cycle before I realized what i was growing lol. I think you're going great for your first grow and you caught it quick enough that it shouldn't have done to much damage :)

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

That would suck to put all this effort for nothing but it's still experience I guess. If it is a herm will it still get you high but just have seeds? And can you get high off of males if you make butter/dabs/wax/or hash....basically any way. Or do you just cut it down and take your loss

Sent from my 5054N using 420 Magazine Mobile App

That would suck to put all this effort for nothing but it's still experience I guess. If it is a herm will it still get you high but just have seeds? And can you get high off of males if you make butter/dabs/wax/or hash....basically any way. Or do you just cut it down and take your loss

Best thing to do is kill it. You don't want to risk it pollinating any of the other ladies. You could make tea out of the leaves. The male plant has very little thc.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Im 13 days on my first grow and have no idea if I have males or females yet. I thought the inly way to tell was in flowering

Usually male plants are skinny and tall, and females tend to be short and bushy. Also you can tell by the colour of the thistles at the stem and branch joints (White or green) can tell you the sex early as well.

Organic for the WIN!

Usually male plants are skinny and tall, and females tend to be short and bushy. Also you can tell by the colour of the thistles at the stem and branch joints (White or green) can tell you the sex early as well.

Organic for the WIN!
I was sure I had 6 females growing...although this is my 1st run, I want it to be successful. My plan was to work all the kinks out so the next go around I would have it down pat...didnt expect this tho.

Sent from my SM-G928P using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I heard males will grow taller in hopes of dropping pollen on the ladies but I didnt know short and bushy usually meant female I thought that was just more of an indica trait. But ty I will try to figure mine out they might be a little tiny now

So, in theory... if the other ladies do have seeds resulting from the hermie pollen, they would be feminized, correct?

If I am not mistaken, that's exactly how feminized seeds are made.

So anyway, those seeds could be particularly valuable to save.

So, in theory... if the other ladies do have seeds resulting from the hermie pollen, they would be feminized, correct?

If I am not mistaken, that's exactly how feminized seeds are made.

So anyway, those seeds could be particularly valuable to save.

If my girls have a few seeds i will definitely keep them....but im killing the hermie. Hate to because out of all 6 plants it looked to be the strongest and most fruitful.

Ask around I thought if you can get the flowers before the open then it wouldnt/shouldnt pollinate the others but that is a chance I guess and I also could be misinformed but hermies will still get you high they just have seeds. But you have more females so I understand...better safe then sorry

Ask around I thought if you can get the flowers before the open then it wouldnt/shouldnt pollinate the others but that is a chance I guess and I also could be misinformed but hermies will still get you high they just have seeds. But you have more females so I understand...better safe then sorry

If I had more grow space I would try to save it, but im limited with space. Im doing all stages out of 1 box. Just trying to get the hang of the whole process...I want my girls looking like some of these pics I see in here.

Killing her would be the best option so you don't have pollen flying everywhere. The seeds won't develop for another 3-4 weeks so only time will tell if some pollen got on the other girls. Yes usually stressed females who make male flowers will have feminized pollen but I also think those genetics would be more prone to Hermie them self's ... don't worry and don't over think it. Everything looks good and I think you caught the Hermie in time :) just keep a close eye on the rest make sure they don't develop any nanners. They can grow to almost full bloom over night

Killing her would be the best option so you don't have pollen flying everywhere. The seeds won't develop for another 3-4 weeks so only time will tell if some pollen got on the other girls. Yes usually stressed females who make male flowers will have feminized pollen but I also think those genetics would be more prone to Hermie them self's ... don't worry and don't over think it. Everything looks good and I think you caught the Hermie in time :) just keep a close eye on the rest make sure they don't develop any nanners. They can grow to almost full bloom over night
Nanners???

Nanners or bananas are what we call the Hermie type male flowers that grow from a female :)

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom