Undercooked Cannabutter: reuse and retry or SOL?

sirjeff

Hey all, Im green (hah) so my bad if this is in the wrong place, but Ive got a bit of a problem.

I picked up a 1/2 oz of some relatively killer bud with the purpose of infusing with a cup for butter for some badass time-killing cookies while recovering from surgery, but I think I was way too paranoid about overheating the butter. I used a single pot with minimum heat for 2.5 hours, when I would go stir every 10 mins, Id see a nice mellow simmer.

I haven't baked in 10 years, but these things turned out perfect, BUT 2.5 hours in and what should be equivalent to 1.5g ingested, nothing. Not even mildly stoned. Ive come to the conclusion I needed some more heat, and hate to throw a nice buttery cheesecloth thc loaded waste sack in the garbage if its in any way salvageable.

Can anyone suggest drying the waste to make honey oil or something or would the finished product be loaded with buttery crap? Perhaps trying to make the butter again with the waste, but at a higher temp? It breaks my heart to waste a nice sack when you would conventionally use shake and trim and stuff.... Good thing I grabbed another one for smoking :grinjoint:

thanks!

I would put your half oz of buttery pot in a food processor and then bake into some brownies. I would also eat some more cookies. Baked goods don't necessarily affect people like smoking does.

sorry to hear your about your perdicament, but the key to weed butter is low temp over a long time. if you have a crock pot these work excellent cause they can be left for days so that all the thc is absorbed by the fat in the butter. So go by yourself some nice cheese cloth and throw it in a crock pot for a day and then repeat the process again for another day and hopefully you should have some kick ass space butter:goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom